IGNORED

Williams games

Atari Dogs

Williams made games for the Jag?? :? There was Defender made for the Jag by Llamasoft/Atari Corp but programmer Jeff Minter (aka YAK, who operates Llamasoft) already aquired the rights to Defender years earlier when he did the ST version 'Defender II'.

I dont recall any mention of Sinistar when the Jag was out, would have been cool though.

Williams did actually release two games for the Jaguar, Double Dragon V and Troy Aikman NFL Football. Not sure if the programming was done in-house or not, but they were released under the Williams name:

Atari Jaguar: Williams

Scan of the Troy Aikman cart:

c_TroyAikmanFootball_front.jpg

The Double Dragon V cart states "Tradewest", and on the back of the box, "Williams Entertainment Inc."

..Al

Sinistar 2000? That would have been be very cool! :)

Mmmmmm, yes, that would have been fun. The original game was already pretty hectic, I can't imagine what would have happened in a 2000 version. Especially if Jeff Minter got his hands on it!

..Al

Maybe the guys doing the Gorf stuff for the Jaguar could be talked into doing Sinistar next.

As it stands Gorf 2000 will probably be released in like 2012 at the rate they are going.  :)  You really want to wait around that much longer for Sinistar 2000?
That is the same sort of complaint about the speed of progress as people made of BattleSphere before it was completed! :)

Come on... 3 guys, all working very part-time on 2 versions, PC and Jag, with one artist. The main Jaguar programmer also working part-time on other projects... to just release the game will be great, at least they keep showing updates to their testers, and at shows, from what I've hear. (I've seen nothing except the videos... from the Force Design Geocities web-site.) :(

At least if we get Mad Bodies to go on with, we'll taste the quality soon.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello,

Anyway... back to your topic...

I have been wondering since Williams made games for the Jaguar, were there ever plans to make Sinistar?  Williams made there Classics arcade games for most modern systems.  Why didn't they do it for the Jaguar?

I recall a rumour on the old Bucknell Jaguar mailing list when Jeff Minter was near to completing Defender 2000 (around the time everybody thought Defender 2000 would still include GridRunner 2000 as an easter egg, and at least a "play CD audio" egg) that Jeff Minter was looking at updating Sinistar, but then focus seemed to turn to Major Havoc. :(

Of course, chances were, it was more wishful thinking in any case.

I wish I could find my old UNIX system archive tape with the Bucknell Jaguar mailing list on it, maybe I just need to go back to my friend who does the job these days which I left back in 1998, and ask him to dig out some really old backup tapes. :ponder:

Cheers,

JustClaws.