IGNORED

EBAY SUCKS

atari70s

ok im seeing 2700 items which is cool cause normally its only 2000 but thats about the only + on atari. now all i see is 2699 of the 2700 items to be like worthless junk like combats and pacmans and a few others that on a good day might hit a 3 on the rarity list. and anything about a 3 is something i own already . and that is a very very small percent. and people are asking 3.29 for pitfall. and 9.99 for QBERT cart only. its depressing if these are the new official prices that people are gonna be willing to pay then i think we all got a Gold Mine is all of our houses and should consider serious insurance and for sure gonna try to take thisand use it to college payments for our kids(when im older) and or seniors when we all get to that age. this is retarted. maybe this is a phase of all good times have bad . Im not saying this cause i dont see chuckwagons at 4.00 Buy It Now. but hell i go there look around and even if i cant afford it i can loook . and it seems on ebay i cant even do that. oh by the way i can buy again mom has lifted all restrictions except out of country things. but u all see this mad craze of selling commons for $$ and no even items over a 4 and of course i see some XONOX and Hozer but thats really it

For every $10 Combat I find, there are just as many low-priced, decently rare games. I've gotten lots of 4's for only a dollar, which is pretty good I think. Strangely, anything I find that is a 5 or higher seems to jump up to $20 pretty quickly. Is 4-5 the breaking point where games start getting expensive or something?

--Zero

Unfortunately, 70's, we can't blame this one on e-bay, although it IS symptomatic of why e-bay is inherently a tool of evil. Remember that e-bay is only an option and the fools that think they will get more than a handshake for COMBAT are just dillusional. There are plenty of other places to scavenge for atari relics. Be not tempted by the seemingly instant gratification that e-bay offers...

e-bay, the "e" stands for "evil," Stan

Ebay works great for me,since I live rural and can not get around to thrifts,garage sales.The golden rule for ebay is this--if an item costs too much,do not bid on it;the auction will end and the seller 'might' learn from their mistake.I agree that a lot of items have start prices that are too high,and there they sit without anyone bidding on them...basic Capitalism 101.

I have a TON of games up http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...&sort=3&rows=50

And I also had a bunch of 3's and 4's that didn't sell at $.99. All you gotta do is look hard enough I think MOST of the prices on my carts are fiarly reasonable, maybe not the buy it now prices but what kind of seller would I be if I didn't take advantage of people with ithcy trigger fingers?

Ze_ro said:

Sylentwulf: I find this thing quite intriguing! I had thought of this idea before, but wasn't sure if the RF signal that a game system puts out was quite what the TV was expecting from a coax. I know switchboxes aren't very complicated, but I thought they did something more than just switching.  

This part can be found at Radio Shack for about $2.50(less then $3 with Tax). I can't remember the part number. Just ask for a RCA to F type(Coaxial) adapter. It really works well, eliminating all that interference a switchbox causes

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

Sylentwulf: I find
quite intriguing! I had thought of this idea before, but wasn't sure if the RF signal that a game system puts out was quite what the TV was expecting from a coax. I know switchboxes aren't very complicated, but I thought they did something more than just switching.

This thing should work with any video game system I'd imagine... I'm surprised you advertise it only for Coleco...

--Zero

This particular part can also be found at Radio Shack for about $2 or $3. The video quality do improve a lot because of the direct connection rather than through a bunch of inductors and resistors.

I think Sylentwulf started these auction to spite a certain seller who is selling the same thing for a lot more. He's not going to make much profit on these.

But if you get a regular multisystem switch box that juggles multiple devices with coax connections, you can use those adapters to allow Atari 2600, 7800, Inty, and CV to hookup without the old and noisy switch box. (O2 uses odd connector but you can replace the cable with plain RCA end to end cable)

Right you are W1lycat, that guy was pissin me off He still is actually. And yeah I have em listed for all systems and they work GREAT and as W1lycat said again, I connect mine to a system changer, I have a dedicated TV anyways, but I still have a lot of systems. One thing I just found out though was that it would replace ANY box, jaguar, NES, N64 etc... If you have the adapter to go into the N64/SNES of course, making it kinda useless for those systems, but my jaguar box is on it's last legs

Sylentwulf: I find this thing quite intriguing! I had thought of this idea before, but wasn't sure if the RF signal that a game system puts out was quite what the TV was expecting from a coax. I know switchboxes aren't very complicated, but I thought they did something more than just switching.

This thing should work with any video game system I'd imagine... I'm surprised you advertise it only for Coleco...

--Zero