IGNORED

Lynx Tempest

davidcalgary29

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Yep, I downloaded it as well and will have to try it out later tonight on my Win machine.

How does it play?

I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but it does seem like an early WIP. I think one button shoots and the other might create more enemies to come out of the center. Go into this expecting it to be a neat proof of concept, rather than T2K on the lynx ;)

Guys, you're looking in the wrong place. ;)

No need to downlod some 11 year old version via wayback machine. The developer has a current website, and he posted the latest version of the game here on AA in 2012 even :)

http://devlynx.ti-fr.com/ouragan.php

It is still not done, and feels too unresponsive imo. But you could surely develop this into a great version. I'd drop the 3D effect, hoping to get it to be smoother, improve responsiveness and add some graphical oomph, but I'm no dev.

Cool! What great news. I'll be checking that out in the next few minutes. Coming to the party (lynx scene) late, it would be really helpful to have some kind of list with links to homebrew games such as this ;) Maybe one already exists?

EDIT: I suppose the sticky at the top of the forum on lynx projects probably fits that bill in part.

Edited by sirlynxalot

Cool! What great news. I'll be checking that out in the next few minutes. Coming to the party (lynx scene) late, it would be really helpful to have some kind of list with links to homebrew games such as this ;) Maybe one already exists?

EDIT: I suppose the sticky at the top of the forum on lynx projects probably fits that bill in part.

Here is a pretty good list. I'm sure it needs some updating though. If you see any gaps feel free to IM me and I will update accordingly.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/494/entry-9329-lynx-game-list-part-1/

• Like 1

That list makes me sad. I see ancient projects never to be finished on it. I'd so much love to work on something like Final Strike.

BTW, you did not list TNT Terry itself, but mentioned Dynablaster as a TNT Terry bootleg. Possibly like DerLuchs suggested the bootleg could be from sage's Dynablaster? I don't think there's a TNT Terry ROM available, but sage's Dynabaster clone is available in an early version.

TNT Terry is on there, it is on the list part two under with the "T"s http://atariage.com/forums/blog/494/entry-9361-lynx-game-list-part-2/ . My description of Dynaplaster though I believe was inaccurate, so I took off the reference to TNT Terry. I don't really have any good info on Dynablater. I searched the forums and didn't see any good info or a ROM, no ROM for TNT Terry either. If you have more info, forward it to me and I'll post; well except for ROMS. ROMS I'll post if the developers don't mind. I try to keep from stepping on toes there, though I don't always succeed :)

Edited by MrBland