IGNORED

2600 on Antiques Roadshow

Ridenmy65

My PCB station runs 24 hrs a day, that's why I thought it would be back on.

I'm not sure what's going on about everyone saying the show has been on, I still have 1 hour and 35 minutes until it comes on.

I do think it is funny though about Indiana. Where I live in the southern half of Indiana we do not have any daylight saving time or what not. The time here never changes, only change I ever see is the TV shows come on eariler or later on cable

If you actually want proof the time zone here, if you have Windows 95 or higher..

- Double Click the Current time on your Windows toolbar

- On the Box that pop-up you should see (GMT -5:00) Indiana (East)

I always think that is odd, we are backwards in Indiana I guess

The show came on at 3 AM here. It sure was a little 1 - 2 minute segment. I do have it on tape though, still recording, so it is something extra to add to my collection.

The guy claimed games like Pac-Man and some other Rariety 1 games sell for $5 - $10, if so everyone would be rich.

And of course the systems for $100 - $200 each. I'd like to find the place to sale the Atari stuff at those prices, I'd be happy to sell all my duplicates at those prices.

Think maybe we should contact the Antiques Roadshow and track down that "apprasier" and sell him some stuff?

If anyone is interested in a dupicate tape of the show I'll make a copy on a new tape and ship it for about $3.00-- to cover material and shipping costs. E-mail me.

I recorded it by accident last night. I don't normally record the show, but I was interested in seeing it and I had to go back to the office last night. So I did get it.

I just reciently picked up a video in card. But I also just reinstalled my opperating system, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet under Win98. If everything works, and I don't expect any problems, I will dub the show from VHS to MPEG or something very soon. The section is only like 2 minutes long, shouldn't be very huge.

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

I do think it is funny though about Indiana. Where I live in the southern half of Indiana we do not have any daylight saving time or what not. The time here never changes, only change I ever see is the TV shows come on eariler or later on cable

You're not the only ones. In Canada, the whole province of Saskatchewan doesn't participate in daylight savings. Also, Newfoundland is a half-hour off from Pacific time (It's unusual, because time-zones are usually done in 1 hour increments).

--Zero

quote:

I personally would say it would nicely add to the collection. I have been looking for various things like this, I often record countless hours of the TV Land channel (They play old commercials) trying to get some recorded-- Still no luck..

I used to do that all the time, but I was using all my money on blank tapes and not on Atari stuff !

Oh, and the thing about missing a boxed "Quadrun" for $3, all I can say is *ouch*, I'd probably slam my head repeatedly against the wall if that happened to me, but my thrift shops never anything THAT good!

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

My PCB station runs 24 hrs a day, that's why I thought it would be back on.

I'm not sure what's going on about everyone saying the show has been on, I still have 1 hour and 35 minutes until it comes on.

[material deleted]

I always think that is odd, we are backwards in Indiana I guess

PBS (not PCB—obviously you've got cartridge tech on the brain!) differs from the commercial networks in that affiliates have to purchase the rights to individual series. As a result, schedules often vary quite a bit from station to station.

All of Indiana is in the Eastern time zone, except for a few counties in the northwest and southwest corners that fall in the Central zone. Those Central zone counties observe Daylight Saving Time, and so do a few in the Eastern zone (clustered around Cincinnati, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky), but the remainder of the state uses Eastern Standard all year round.

I have spent many years in areas that observe DST and many years somewhere that doesn't. In my opinion, “backwards” is having to go around changing the time on clocks, watches, computers, cars, microwave ovens, etc. twice a year to satisfy the desire to pretend the sun is rising and setting an hour earlier or later.

In any case, the point is: anyone wishing to catch Antiques Roadshow will just have to follow his local PBS station's schedule.