IGNORED

Haunted Adventure Special Edition Pak

atwwong

Because US to Canada post sucks.

Seriously.

It's quicker for either Canada or US to send me stuff (or vice versa) than for them to send stuff to each other. Stupid really, but I think it gets held up for god knows how long in Customs etc.

My package finally arrived today (after 2 weeks)!!! Wow, it looks way better than in the photos! Even though I designed the box, I had not seen the actual package until today! Packrat Video Games did a masterful job putting the package together; 8) it was worth the wait, especially with the added key chains (sorry Jarett, someone else already mentioned this) to make up for the time from preorders to now. I'm not sure if key chains will be included in any future orders...

Now that I've got them (I ordered #01 & #02), I'm hesitant to open them. I did buy one for playing, but they look so nice in their protective coverings that maybe I'll leave them for a while. :D I really like how Packrat ships their merchandise! :thumbsup: Many thanks to Jarett and his team!!! Mmm... foam and bubble wrap... :D :D :D

Can't wait to get my copy
After I give your copy the special treatment ;) , I'll send it off to you.

I also realize the once it is shipped that it can take about 2 weeks to arrive so things are looking up!
You hit the nail on the head for Canadian shipping times!

Still waiting for mine here in Toronto...
Should get there in a week or so...

Haven't had a chance to plug either in to play yet but hopefully over the weekend.
Hope you have a "hauntingly good time" playing it! (Hey Phil, I only paraphrased you! ;) ) Edited by atwwong

Packrat Video Games did a masterful job putting the package together; 8) it was worth the wait, especially with the added key chains (sorry Jarett, someone else already mentioned this) to make up for the time from preorders to now.

Yea...that was me mentioning the keychains...doh!

The package does look nice, but if you leave it in the box, you will never get to play it! (well there's always emulation, bit its still different)

I have my manuals inside the box, and the box still inside the plastic that Packrat shipped it in sitting on one of my display shelves. The cartridges are stacked up in my homebrew / hacks section of my collection. I did put the carts in plastic of thier own though. I dont want to screw up the kick ass labels!

Yea...that was me mentioning the keychains...doh!
S'all right! ;)

The package does look nice, but if you leave it in the box, you will never get to play it! (well there's always emulation, bit its still different)
Yeah, I still have to fix the demo so that it works on the Krokodile Cart. The demo runs at 263 scanlines, so it will roll on NTSC TV's and look black and white on PAL TV's (theoretically).

I did put the carts in plastic of thier own though. I dont want to screw up the kick ass labels!
My wife is happy :) that you like the label she designed for II. I'm sure Rhindle will appreciate hearing that, too!

I've got to get my collection more organized now that I've been picking up a few things this past little while.

Hope mine arrives soon!
Don't worry! You were next on Jarett's shipping list the last time I checked with him! ;)

Well, just thought I'd let you know that there has been nada so far... still waiting. & Im here in the states too, so IF I was next on the shipping list I don't know what the delay is...

Well, just thought I'd let you know that there has been nada so far... still waiting. & Im here in the states too, so IF I was next on the shipping list I don't know what the delay is...
Packrat Video Games told me the second wave of shipping was almost done on February 1st. I take this to mean that they would have been ready to ship in a few days, so orders starting at #13 (Godzilla's) and onwards, SHOULD begin to arrive starting next week.

still patiently waiting... have they actually really shipped yet? and if so, when?

I still haven't received mine either, and I am in the USA as well. Still waiting. :|

Does Packrat usually take this long? I had been considering making a pretty significant order for some of their other boxed games in the future.

Thanks,

Badger :|

I posted in the marketplace forum that everyone should be receiving their orders this week in the U.S., as long as they are part of the "second wave" of shipping. I hope that means all orders up to now.

I received this message from Jarett last Friday:

People will (I promise) receive their orders by mid-next week.  I have hired additional help to get us caught up on your HA orders.  I'll continue to include key chains until we're totally up to speed.

Nukey also helped Brian (my brother) and myself to get the pause to work on the 7800 ProSystem for Haunted Adventure II, but it cost ~30 precious bytes and some objects had to be removed, as discussed here.

I won't be doing any recalls because everything works as intended the 2600 VCS, including the tv type switch as the pause button. If anyone only has a 7800 and not a 2600 (what are the chances of that?) they can let me know and I'll include the version with the 7800 pause, otherwise, you are not missing out on anything in the current version (which actually has a few objects more...).

Edited by atwwong

Does Packrat usually take this long? I had been considering making a pretty significant order for some of their other boxed games in the future.

Tell me about it :?

I've decided that this is my last Packrat purchase.

I was going to pick up Wolfenstein and a few others,

but the service is quite unacceptable.

Still waiting, and the funny thing is that each time the order is

"delayed" (that is, if it's even shipped yet).

Tsk TSK tSK

Does Packrat usually take this long?  I had been considering making a pretty significant order for some of their other boxed games in the future...    Tsk TSK tSK

While I can't speak for Jarett personally, I have known him and his staff for over a year and I will say this...

People, please keep in mind a few things:

Like AtariAge, Packrat is not a business that is a primary source of income. Both Jarett and Albert have other employment. This is a hobby.

I know Jarett has school as well.

The Haunted Adventure Pak, etc. has been more successful than originally anticipated. The interest has been overwhelming. With another potential "blockbuster" game, Wolfenstein in a box, etc. on Haunted Adventure's heels, things may stay a bit behind for a while. Jarett is also finalizing things for the Wolfenstein package in order to get that game available to purchase soon, due to the overwhelming interest it has generated.

I have helped Jarett on occasion, folding manuals, etc. and I can tell you that he accepts nothing but the highest quality product. He prints and builds the boxes for HA Pak one at a time. Remember, each box has a unique text message and # on the back of the box. This takes time to do. I assume Jarett is building them in order of when payment was received, hence why some completed orders have made it outside of the USA before others.

It is worth the wait! 8) The boxes look excellent, as do the game labels and the carts( I got clear cases for my order ).

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still waiting, but I'll vouch for Jarett and company. If he makes a promise, he keeps it! :)

My above comments are not to excuse Packrat for the delays, but I wanted to offer another perspective on the issue. Perhaps Jarett will see this thread and comment. He can verify or clarify what I've written.

Weston 8)

Hey I can totally understand it if they have been overwhelmed,

but I was told my order would be shipping on such and such a date,

and I even factored in the usual US/CANADA customs nonsense...

When I inquired about the delay,

it turned out that my order hadn't even shipped yet !

And I had ordered just the carts, no special boxes etc...

No notification...nothing.

Don't get me wrong, Tony has been great ! :)

But I have ordered stuff from the US after the packrat shipment,

and that stuff has already arrived here...but still no packrat cart :?

All they have to do is send out a blanket email stating something like

" that due to overwhelming response we are backed up etc etc etc"

That would at least let us customers know where we stand...

Just my 2 cents...

Does Packrat usually take this long?  I had been considering making a pretty significant order for some of their other boxed games in the future...    Tsk TSK tSK

While I can't speak for Jarett personally, I have known him and his staff for over a year and I will say this...

People, please keep in mind a few things:

Like AtariAge, Packrat is not a business that is a primary source of income. Both Jarett and Albert have other employment. This is a hobby.

I know Jarett has school as well.

The Haunted Adventure Pak, etc. has been more successful than originally anticipated. The interest has been overwhelming. With another potential "blockbuster" game, Wolfenstein in a box, etc. on Haunted Adventure's heels, things may stay a bit behind for a while. Jarett is also finalizing things for the Wolfenstein package in order to get that game available to purchase soon, due to the overwhelming interest it has generated.

I have helped Jarett on occasion, folding manuals, etc. and I can tell you that he accepts nothing but the highest quality product. He prints and builds the boxes for HA Pak one at a time. Remember, each box has a unique text message and # on the back of the box. This takes time to do. I assume Jarett is building them in order of when payment was received, hence why some completed orders have made it outside of the USA before others.

It is worth the wait! 8) The boxes look excellent, as do the game labels and the carts( I got clear cases for my order ).

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still waiting, but I'll vouch for Jarett and company. If he makes a promise, he keeps it! :)

My above comments are not to excuse Packrat for the delays, but I wanted to offer another perspective on the issue. Perhaps Jarett will see this thread and comment. He can verify or clarify what I've written.

Weston 8)

datafreq, you're right. :)

I have a bit of free time this weekend. I'll see if I can meet with Jarett this weekend. Maybe I can assist him in getting orders and e-mails sent. At least see where he's at with things.

Again, sorry to hear you are still waiting.

Last time I heard,

my order was #23 and was (allegedly) sent out Wed Feb 2nd...

datafreq, you're right.  :)  

I have a bit of free time this weekend. I'll see if I can meet with Jarett this weekend. Maybe I can assist him in getting orders and e-mails sent. At least see where he's at with things.

Again, sorry to hear you are still waiting.

I cetainly understand everyone's disappointment with the shipping delays and sincerely apologize to everyone that's still waiting. I'm not one for excuses, so I won't give any. A bit of explanation may help, though. Since Haunted Adventure is a hack and was released during the time when Infogrames was cracking down on AA's hacks, we decided that we would make the games and ship them for Tony, but we didn't want to be the front end for its release. So we haven't corresponded directly with those that have orderd HA (except for a few exceptions), and it wouldn't have been our place to send out a blanket email. Since Tony isn't totally aware of what's happening on our end, there have been communication breakdowns and we never discussed a blanket email. We should have. As far as I know, Tony has been handling concerns as they come in and has done his best to please everyone. I thank him for his patience with us. I think that we both hoped that we'd catch up quickly and wouldn't need to send out a blanket email.

We are including free key chains in everyone's orders to thank them for their patience. These will only be included in the delayed orders up to this point. We have also upgraded a few orders to boxed versions for extended delays and given the option of full refunds. Datafreq, your order was upgraded to a boxed version at no charge and sent out via USPS Airmail. It should arrive any day now. I'll PM you with the exact ship date, I'll have to dig through our shipping receipts.

This was our first full-blown boxed release and there have been some bumps along the way. We have learned a lot. The other day I figured out how much time each boxed copy of Haunted Adventure takes and it's upwards of an hour. That includes the time required to erase and burn EPROMS, print labels and manuals, cut, fold, and staple manuals, recycle carts (x2 since there's two games for this release), print, fold, and cut boxes, put everything together, etc. With almost 30 Haunted Adventure orders coming in during a space of about two weeks, it's not difficult to see the dilema that we were faced with.

This is why the Wolfenstein release has been delayed. We will have at least forty copies of the game ready to go before we announce its availability. This wasn't an option with Haunted Adventure since each box is different.

I apologize to everyone involved and take full responsibility for the delays. Like I told Tony, I have hired on extra help to meet the overwhelming demand for Haunted Adventure and our Odyssey 2 releases. We do have everything in stock that's listed on the website, including the boxed homebrews. Orders other than Haunted Adventure are on track and not a problem.

If anyone would like to discuss their order with me, please call our customer service line at 801-358-1764 and I'll be happy to help you. You may also PM me or send me an email. Rest assured that the problem is under control and we're back on track. Thanks to everyone for their understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

jycej@packratvg.com

I'd like to thank Jarett for explaining everything regarding the delays and for all the hard work he and his team have done to make this release a reality. :thumbsup: I know how busy life can be when you have to juggle time amongst family, work, school, and your favourite hobby.

you get mail delivery on sundays ???

Finally got my HA packs today! (#14 & #15,) Worth the wait, and beautiful! Great work.  I'm just happy they arrived the same year I paid for them (unlike some other things,) :-)

I can vouch for packrat as I have ordered from them in the past without any problem.

you get mail delivery on sundays ???

Finally got my HA packs today! (#14 & #15,) Worth the wait, and beautiful! Great work.  I'm just happy they arrived the same year I paid for them (unlike some other things,) :-)

I can vouch for packrat as I have ordered from them in the past without any problem.

I am glad that people are receiving orders again. datafreq, I believe the US gets mail on Saturdays but Godzilla just posted the info in the evening. You package is REALLY on its way as we discussed!

I would like to apologize for the following: I now know with 20-20 hindsight that when I heard from Packrat Video Games that orders were ready to be shipped, I was given approximate ship times. I had figured that I'd let everyone know what I had heard; I should have confirmed each order with PackratVG but I don't have time to do that (REAL-LIFE ) and I guessed incorrectly that all orders would be ready at once, since I didn't know that Jarett was busy with other stuff. For myself, I have lived and learned the hard way...