IGNORED

Sonic 2 for Gamegear

Atarifever

Yeah! Finallymade it all the way through the first two levels without losing a single life. I really do like this game, but man does it drop you right into the thickest level of difficulty right away. For some reason the first boss is one of the hardest ones, where even a tiny misjudgement costs a life. Then the hangliding in the second world is necessey to master just to finish the second act.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has a game like that, where you just think they made it a little too hard. I think the biggest ones for me actually are:

Deadly Towers for NES (which I find vertually unplayable) and

Quantum Fighter for NES (just because the last boss is crazy hard)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me started with Deadly Towers! The difficulty is insane! Your hero is so puny and underpowered at the beginning. The only good powerups could only be found in "parallel levels" which were hidden throughout the castle and were populated by (gasp! wait for it) more powerful, faster enemies. In the meantime being killed by one or two hits from a small blob (who would take countless shots to kill) ramps up the frustration factor considerably. I also hated:

* being knocked down from ledges so easily.

* starting from the same far outskirts of the castle every time you got killed.

* Getting lost in the hidden mazes and being killed inside because I "popped" into a room right next to an enemy, zapping my life instantly.

It wasn't until a Nintendo Power published a code which would grant you the best weapons and armor that the game took a new life and was able to finish it. It's a shame because the game is actually pretty enjoyable once little Sir Arthur gets a good sword and armor.

You don't have that Deadly Towers code, do you? I played a few times after I bought it, and now it's at the bottom of my NES stack. Glad someone else hated the entering a room on an enemy thing, I mean I don't care how limited the system is, there is no escuse for sloppiness like that.