IGNORED

Mystery Lynx Project

SwedenLynxer

Though I do plan on working on Jungle Guide #3 in 2005, that's not it. ;) I suppose I need to update the Mystery Project listing though, since it definitely won't be out until next summer at the earliest... *sigh*

And no, it won't be another slideshow cart. I've got a hankering to do a Lynx game from start to finish, something I haven't done since Remnant.

Though I do plan on working on Jungle Guide #3 in 2005, that's not it. ;) I suppose I need to update the Mystery Project listing though, since it definitely won't be out until next summer at the earliest... *sigh*

And no, it won't be another slideshow cart. I've got a hankering to do a Lynx game from start to finish, something I haven't done since Remnant.

Hmm...how 'bout a Lynx version of "Skyhammer"? :D

Games the Lynx needs:

-"Painter / Pepper 2"

-someone to hack into "Centipede" to make "Millipede"

-a hack of "Galaxian" to turn it into "Galaga"

-"Mr Do!" or "Do! Run Run"

-"Gyruss"

-someone to finish "Tempest"

• 2 weeks later...

got any plans of doing a more complete version of planar wars,carl?i do

remember you saying you were going to release another version of it after

the first release was out.just curious.

also,do you have plans of doing a "cyber virus 2"?

i'm still looking forward to seeing ultravore and distant lands.--the lynxer

Remnant or CyberVirus sequel: I'd love to tackle either (or both) of these some day. CyberVirus has an excellent 3D engine and the missions are all scripted, so really generating another set of new missions shouldn't be all that tough. And of course that could include some new things like cut scenes, landscape graphics, etc. I even have a new enemy already designed and coded for the game. ;) Remnant would likewise be fun, and it does have a simple script for each wave. But rather than do another arcade-style blastfest, I'd really like to make a more strategic game, like the original Star Raiders / Starmaster / etc. games were back in the day.

Distant Lands: Still being worked on, but not on the fast track for release. Expect another year or more until this is completed.

Ultravore: Solid game engine for two players exists except for health meters. Still need a good one-player mode, plus additional characters would be nice.

Mystery Project: None of the above, but I already have a non-Lynx version of the game running on an emulator, so hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to convert to the Lynx. Hopefully coming in 2005.

I'd be very interested in hearing from the fans as to what sounds the most appealing. I wish I had time to do everything, but experience tells me doing one game next year should keep me plenty busy. ;)

i'd go for a sequel to champ rally possibly.one for planar wars would be

good.one for cyber virus might good.

or a good new original type release of "break!" or "star dreamer" or some

other thing more wild and intense than alpine games was in some ways as

a game for me--i'm not saying it was horrible either as a lynx release.i

would like to see you utilize the lynx high color stuff again in something as

you did with the cge cart though.this did make for a better cart from you

and from duranik.

also,i'd like to see you or someone release the sonic clone that is coming.

got an other proto releases like "loopz" in the pipe,carl?

how about you work on tweaking the rom you said you had in past posts

to "vindicators" as a potential future release from songbird?i was looking

forward to it back in the early lynx days of 1989/90--who wasn't,i guess.

along with rolling thunder and the like.hey,how about you do a rolling

thunder type clone,carl?that would really rock as a lynx game!what do you

say?is it doable?or just possibly use the cyber virus engine to do a vindica-

tors type game.or could it be used to do the rolling thunder clone?just a few ideas.maybe it is all pie in the sky stuff.if so,sorry.--the lynxer

Ok, here are some more opinions.

Distant Lands: This game gets my vote also. I have been looking forward to Distant Lands ever since I first saw the screen shots on ALPE 2000 web page back in year 2000. And I believe the first (optimistic) release date was "Summer 2001", right? I really hope this RPG will be finished. It would sell very well and create new interest in the Lynx. :)

Remnant or CyberVirus sequel: I supose this sort of upgrading of an already existing game would be the most easy and fast way to get a new Lynx game out on the market. But I think a new game is much better then just more of the same. There is already a special version of CyberVirus, although it's very rare.

UltraVore: I understand one problem here is the size of the game. But I hope more caracters can be added.

Mystery Project: If it's not a Burgertime type of game then I have no idea. We need more clues!! :P But of course because it's a "mystery" just makes it more exciting. :)

One other thing I really hope will turn in to a complete game is Luciens 3-D project! The demo is great! :thumbsup:

And I can't stop thinking about giant robots and the cybernetic dinosaurs! :D I know Carl have said this several times: It will probably never be finished. But I still keep hoping...some day there will be....Mechtiles! :cool:

Thanks for the feedback so far. I can understand everyone's desire to finally have a real RPG on the Lynx -- at the same time, I'm sure you can appreciate that Distant Lands is probably the most complicated game to develop from the above list. This is why the release keeps getting pushed back each year. Hopefully it will come out eventually, but it may not be next. ;)

How 'bout releasing a "Lynx demo cart", Carl? I think that a level- and features- limited version of Ultravore could be a big draw, and I'd love to see "Lynx Sketch" and that hangman clone on a cart. It would, in any case, probably provide a small source of funding for completing the longer games. :)

Thanks, David, but I'd like to avoid doing demo carts when possible. Special release carts (like CinciClassic CyberVirus) are a different story, because there you're getting a complete, playable game. As much as I'd like people to be able to enjoy what's there on Ultravore, they really deserve a game with full one player and two player support.

By the same token, I could release a "demo" version of Mechtiles, but people would be pretty unimpressed by what's there. Just looks like a stripped down version of CyberVirus with different graphics and no collisions and no missions.