IGNORED

HOMEBREW underway

atari70s

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

also people i need adive on producing Manuals for the game im thinking staples to do this but think this is a smart move?

where is a good place to get the boxes made?

ALEX ALBERT TEMPEST,

any connections to the producers to COMBAT 2 or contact to the guy who made OKIE DOKIE or CLUTTER CART?

I have been in contact with the Combat 2 guy, Marc Oberhauser about how he made the boxes.

I am currently getting ready to start a business for Homebrewers. I will provide a service that will allow game creators to place a order for a amount of games and get a complete product.

My services include, Brand new commercially made PCB's, programmed EPROM's, Color Laser printed labels and manuals, then everything is placed in new custom boxes and then shrink wrapped. Currently the games will use old Atari cases, but I am in the proccess of getting new cases made and hope to make them avaliable at a later date.

Then the games are shipped to the game creator. The end result is a proffesional full service. The games will look like brand new Atari 2600 games (Like you could buy in the stores in the 80's).

I have gotten everything setup, on where to get everything done, but I still have some things to do before I can offer this service.

How soon do you plan to release the game? Perhaps, you can be first customer I'll make a announcement here on the message boards when I am open for business.

quote:

Originally posted by twit:

Wow... I never thought I'd see the day when the demand for 2600 homebrews would create the need for other individuals to enter into competition with Randy at Hozer Videogames.

Congrats, and good luck!

Thanks. I don't mean/want to go into competition with Hozer Video, but I guess it will happen.

I simply want to provide a more complete service to Homebrewers. Currently getting everything done to produce a complete product is not avaliable. I hope to make it avaliable and at a reasonable cost.

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

Thanks. I don't mean/want to go into competition with Hozer Video, but I guess it will happen.

I simply want to provide a more complete service to Homebrewers. Currently getting everything done to produce a complete product is not avaliable. I hope to make it avaliable and at a reasonable cost.

Competition is definitely not a bad thing. It's just the nature of the game. I think the services you are proposing will be a great value-add to developers planning on releasing homebrew games.

Who knows... maybe there's even room for a collaborative effort between you and Hozer. Randy really has a great deal of eexperience with the burning of EPROMS, assembly of the carts, etc, etc. With your custom PCBs, Cart Cases, and Labels and Boxes, maybe this is a good match?

Its really great to see this aspect of the hobby growing so much!

quote:

Originally posted by twit:

Who knows... maybe there's even room for a collaborative effort between you and Hozer. Randy really has a great deal of eexperience with the burning of EPROMS, assembly of the carts, etc, etc. With your custom PCBs, Cart Cases, and Labels and Boxes, maybe this is a good match?

Its really great to see this aspect of the hobby growing so much!

It's funny, I never thought me and Randy at Hozer Videos could team up. That is a great idea. Thanks Scott.

Once I get everything setup I'll see what Randy has to say about my various products and quality.

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

let me get in on the ground floor hehe

why junie you never on AIM

Are you asking me why I never have my AIM connected?

If so I been busy lately and haven't bothered with it. Mainly because of the large labels and I needed all the memory I could get-- I have 32 MB and it gets used up fast by Paint Shop Pro.

Well it's on now, and will be usualy whenever I am online.

updateing info on my manual its completed lookin good and you know if i didnt do this id be impressed. but i sent a copy to Liquid Sky. JUNIE do i send you a copy of the manual ? or how will we work to have you make boxes and manuals.?

the most impressive part it was all done in PAINT not even profession work

i got the nice JUNIE to make a test manual ( hoping it will be at the same size the atari white labels are. ) and tonight i hope to have a design for a test box to be made up . things are really movin now. atari 8 bit looking good. CAFEMAN or however its spelt. i need to talk to you about converting this to 5200 perhaps or 2600 . maybe u can give me a little insight on who to talk to if you know nothing about.

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

I am currently getting ready to start a business for Homebrewers. I will provide a service that will allow game creators to place a order for a amount of games and get a complete product.

[snip]

How soon do you plan to release the game? Perhaps, you can be first customer I'll make a announcement here on the message boards when I am open for business.

Did you realize, that Mad Atarian is a Quick Basic programm and by no means a 2600 ROM?

While it sometimes is a good idea to write a proof of concept demo in a high-level language, this requires only a very little fraction of the skills and work that is neccesary to make a real 2600 game out of it.

But I don't think that Mad Atarian was done with to much knowledge of the massive restrictions of the 2600 in mind. So it stands for it's own, as a QB game with a somehow 2600 related theme.

But it can't be ported without a major redesign into a 2600 concept. And then it's still very far away from a real (= pure 6502 assembler!) 2600 program.