IGNORED

3-day Christmas sale at Songbird!

Songbird

Songbird is offering slashed prices on a wide variety of Atari Lynx and Jaguar merchandise for the next three days! Check out some GREAT deals including Steel Talons for only $3.95 and Hyper Force for only $64.95. Also look for a few select used games such as Towers II for the Jaguar and Lemmings for the Lynx.

Click on the below link to see all the current specials:

http://songbird-productions.com/christmas2004.shtml

Prices subject to change without notice, and are only valid while supplies last and on orders placed from 12/07/04 to 11:59pm 12/10/04.

davidcalgary29 wrote:

Don't worry. It's going to a good home.  ;)

Yeah, i know :wink: The thing is, i'm an RPG nut who's been after this one (& only Jag RPG) for a LONG time - i'm dying to play it!

Whenever it's been on ebay (CIB only of course ;) ) i always seem to miss out because i couldn't make it to the net. :x Then, as i'm about to place an order with Telegames US a few months back, i get a sign telling me they don't sell Jag stuff anymore. :x Now this... :x

So please, now that you have it, do me a big favor and ENJOY it! For me, ok?!... :P

davidcalgary29 wrote:

Yeah, i know :wink: The thing is, i'm an RPG nut who's been after this one (& only Jag RPG) for a LONG time - i'm dying to play it!

Whenever it's been on ebay (CIB only of course ;) ) i always seem to miss out because i couldn't make it to the net. :x Then, as i'm about to place an order with Telegames US a few months back, i get a sign telling me they don't sell Jag stuff anymore. :x Now this... :x

So please, now that you have it, do me a big favor and ENJOY it! For me, ok?!... :P

Honestly...

You're not missing that much. Towers II is in most people's opinions not a very good game. I'd put Highlander CD into the mix as an RPGish game, and I think that is about a million and three times better than Towers II, even with it's horrid control.

davidcalgary29 wrote:

Honestly...

You're not missing that much. Towers II is in most people's opinions not a very good game. I'd put Highlander CD into the mix as an RPGish game, and I think that is about a million and three times better than Towers II, even with it's horrid control.

Well it leaves you wishing for more but I must say that I had a good time playing it. After I passed a riddle which blocked me for a few days I played it straight to the end and finding and using new weapons and stuff was kinda fun. It could have been better but I for my part enjoyed it more than highlander. It seems more polished. Highlander could have been great if the would have bothered to change the controls and put some more life into the game. I somehow feel that the only things that are in there apart from the nice backgrounds are green/orange enemies and pieces of bread :-)

Peter

Well it leaves you wishing for more but I must say that I had a good time playing it. After I passed a riddle which blocked me for a few days I played it straight to the end and finding and using new weapons and stuff was kinda fun. It could have been better but I for my part enjoyed it more than highlander. It seems more polished. Highlander could have been great if the would have bothered to change the controls and put some more life into the game. I somehow feel that the only things that are in there apart from the nice backgrounds are green/orange enemies and pieces of bread :-)

I don't know... Towers II just seemed to work against me. I played it for a few hours and kept dieing and not getting anywhere, so I finally gave up. I have no desire to return to it. I didn't think the FPS-ish view worked well, I didn't think the puzzles were laid out well and I wasn't impressed by much of anything.

Highlander on the other hand -- I actually like the controls. Yes, it takes a little while after you hit the punch button to land a punch, but if you go to punch someone in real life, if you want power you have to move in such a way to get it. I thought the graphics were great excepting the enemies which were acceptable, and the puzzles were well done. I also really liked how the game combined the cartoon and the game itself.

It was also far from perfect, but in my opinion it was a lot more fun.