IGNORED

Gunfight Label Contest!

Albert

/features/Gunfight/AtariAge is proud to announce a contest to create a label for the soon-to-be published game Gunfight. Gunfight is the first release from Manuel Polik and is heavily inspired by the 1975 Midway arcade game Gun Fight. The winner of this contest will receive the first copy of Gunfight produced by Hozer Video Games. Please visit the Gunfight Label Contest page for more information about the contest, including details on what the label must include as well as where to send your submissions. The latest version of Gunfight can be downloaded from AtariAge here (both NTSC and PAL versions are included). Good luck!

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Albert ]

To answer everyone's questions thus far:

I don't have a scanner, is there anywhere I could mail my entries?

If you don't have access to a scanner, I am willing to scan entries in. We assumed everyone would be creating their entries on the computer, especially since there is various text that needs to be placed onto the label, as well as the Hozer graphic. If you can get it in the mail to me by the deadline next week, I'll scan it and add it to the other entries. Send me email at albert@atariage.com and I'll send you my snail mail address.

Also, can there be more than one entry?

Yes, multiple entries are fine.

you want them in jpeg format, yeah?

Preferrably in a non-lossy image format, such as PNG, TIFF, BMP, PSD or PCX. If you do use JPEG, please use minimal compression Remember, these are going to be printed and need to look as professional as possible!

..Al

Okay, we should probably come up with some guidelines for the resulting images that people create. I would try to create the images at 300dpi if possible. This will allow for reasonably professional looking labels if they're printed on a good printer (I don't know what Randy @ Hozer is using to print them). Don't worry *too* much about file size, although 40MB is pushing it a bit. We'd rather have high-quality images we can pare down in size, rather than low-resolution images that will always look poor when printed.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

do you REALLY want me to email you a 300dpi image?? Its gonna be fairly big.

It should be fine, since it's only a label (plus end label) for a 2600 game. If it ends up being over 10MB, then email us and we'll get it some other way, or reduce the image. Perhaps 150dpi would be fine.

..Al

Are the different entries going to be posted anywhere? I'd love to see and discuss all the various entries.

I'd submit one, but I have neither the time nor the ability to make a very well designed one. Besides.. mine would probably just be a rip off of the '77-'78 style ones.. "00 Gunfight" would be pretty cool, I think.

quote:

Originally posted by King_Asmo:

Are the different entries going to be posted anywhere? I'd love to see and discuss all the various entries.

Yes! As soon as I get home tomorrow morning I'm going to post the first several labels we've received. At last count we are up to five submissions and they look great! I'll post another message here when I update the Contest Page.

..Al

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Albert ]

quote:

Originally posted by twit:

Maybe I just missed it, but how is the "winner" going to be chosen?

Gunfight's author, Manuel Polik, is going to choose the winning label. I don't know if he'll solicit feedback, but I'm under the impression that he'll be choosing a label very quickly after the contest deadline.

I just arrived home after being gone for two days, so I'll be putting up a slew of Gunfight contest entries tonight. At present count there are NINE submissions and they all look great! I look forward to putting these online in a few hours. Need to go run some errands first, though.

..Al