IGNORED

Image Designers Needed

Junie

If you read in another thread you know I plan to provide a complete publishing service for Homebrew gamers.

This includes brand new PCB's, programmed EPROM's, game cases (Hopefully new ones soon), custom labels, custom manuals, and brand new boxes. All this is put together and shrink wrapped.

Well everything is getting towards the last "leg" of setting it up. I hope to start offering my services in a about a month or less. (No I am not taking orders of any kind right now, and e-mail about this will have to be turned down-- Sorry).

Anyway I am looking to get some Image Designers to create the images for the game labels and the box image for the game. There might also be some various other things that might need to be done for each game as well.

You will be given exact sizes and instructions of everything to create the images as needed by the commercial printer service I will be using.

As far as payment that is open to discussion right now. Payment could be anything from a set dollar amount for the total images used in a project, a free copy of the completed game (In Box, manual, etc. whatever the Homebrewer wants done), or ?? Whatever seems to be the most common accepted payment will be the one used.

Of course I would like various image desingers, everyone brings different ideas and styles to images.

All the image designers will have a chance to design the images, like what's going on with the Gunfight Contest here. The Homebrewer will then choose what set of images to use.

As far as everyone who created images but they were not choosen for the project, I am trying to think of a suitable way to pay you for the time spent. I don't think it'll work if 5 people or whatever create images and only one persons images are used-- What about the other 4 who spent time creating images?... Then again that's what's going on here only one winner, eveyone else gets nothing. I may have to do this as well.

Well the winner will have their name printed on the Box and Manual (If the Homebrewer wants boxes and manuals made).

Currently the boxes and Manuals will have something like this...

©2001 Junies Creations. Created for (Homebrewer Name)

Game Programmed by Homebrewer Name

Published/Created by Tom Cosby JR. (Junies Creations)

Images Designed by Your Name Here

etc...

Well if you are interested in doing this and becoming part of my "team" e-mail me at junies_c@yahoo.com or post a response here. Please include your real name, I am looking at the label submissions for the Gunfight contest to see your ablities.

If you have not submitted a label to the Gunfight label Contest create one send it to me so I can see your ablities.

Also if you have any ideas, suggestions, anything about this let me know-- Post a message here or e-mail me.

As far as when will you start doing labels-- I will start to offer my services in a month or less. So after I start to offer my services work will start when someone needs images made.

>>

If you read in another thread you know I plan to provide a complete publishing service for Homebrew gamers.

<<

Any details on the type of labels/box that you will be going with?

I'd like to be able to duplicate 1st gen Atari packaging with the matte black labels with the foil underneath and the colored translucent layer in the middle but so far I haven't found any companies who can do that.

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicJoke:

I have no abilities that you need, however, I would like to offer you my encouragement

It is great to see someone offer a complete line of services for the Homebrew programmers. Keep up the good work

Well thank you for your encouragement. I hope to offer a complete publishing service with a minimum cost to the Homebrewers.

quote:

Originally posted by Glenn Saunders:

Any details on the type of labels/box that you will be going with?

I'd like to be able to duplicate 1st gen Atari packaging with the matte black labels with the foil underneath and the colored translucent layer in the middle but so far I haven't found any companies who can do that.

As far the materials used for the labels and boxes that is still being decided. I do plan to offer a few different types of each to the Homebrewers.

For the labels your interested in, I don't know of anyone who can do that as well. In the future once my services are "ironed out" and running smooth, I plan to offer more choices to the Homebrewers on everything.

Perhaps I can find a place to offer this type of label and then I'd make it avaliable to the Homebrewers.

--------------------------------------------

Well there are now three image designers that are part of my "team". If anyone else would like to be part of my "team" just send a e-mail or post a message here.

Here in the next few days I should be done talking with all the various printing services, currently I have talked to 9 different ones. I am waiting for a few to call back, and have a metting with one on Thursday.

Once that is done I can give more/better details on the materials that will be used for the boxes, labels, etc.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Hey Junie, I sent you an email asking about the game you are making

I am not making any games, currently my services are not avaliable so there are no games that need images.

I am looking for reliable people with talent who want to design images for Atari games on a regular basis (Whenever some needs images made).