IGNORED

Vintage Atari Fiber Optic Sign Found

I was with my brother at some camera shop while he was looking for some parts for something and I saw a flyer advertising some sign samples for sale by a company that makes a lot of fiber optic signs and displays in the same building. One of the items on the flyer was for a Atari sign. We ended up leaving the place with it.

It's a fiber optic sign 24" tall and 20" wide. It burns white for about 35 seconds and then goes through a rainbow wave four times in about 25 seconds. Looks like it may need a little cosmetic work but it's in nice shape as far as the lighting stuff goes.

I asked the guy who sold it to us and he said that it was custom made in the early 90's as a proposal for a larger sign that Atari bought. He didn't know much more than that.

I'm not so good with attachments. Hopefully I got the photos to go in here.

post-2739-1102923376_thumb.jpg

post-2739-1102923377_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

Very cool looking indeed! Great find! :thumbsup: People here have found the neatest stuff lately!

That would look incredible in a game room especially one dedicated to atari stuff!

I would definitely hold onto it if I were you, but I am sure that (besides myself drooling) you'd get quite a few offers for it if you ever decided to sell.

As of now I'm looking to hold onto it. Any offers would have to be pretty interesting. This thing wasn't cheap.

As soon as I can get hold of a good video camera I'll try to make a good movie of the display sequence. I tried with my inexpensive digital camera and the movie function is very poor on that thing.

Where's the best place to park a movie of this?

That sign is very cool, thanks for sharing pictures of it. Would be great to see a video of it in a dark room.

Where's the best place to park a movie of this?

I can put the movie on our server. You can either email it to me (albert@atariage.com) or if it's too large, I can give you FTP access so you can upload it.

..Al

Yup, this thing is a Lite-Bright on steroids for sure!

I'm sure I can get a good video camera to use during the Christmas holidays. Al, I can send you the memory card or copy the movie from the card to a dvd disc. It would propably be a mistake to let me have FTP access--I've got enough problems with image sizes as you can see.

I'm sure I can get a good video camera to use during the Christmas holidays. Al, I can send you the memory card or copy the movie from the card to a dvd disc. It would propably be a mistake to let me have FTP access--I've got enough problems with image sizes as you can see.

Sending a DVD disc or memory card would be fine, although a DVD disc would be better since you'd probably want the memory card back. :) Let me know when you've made the video and I can give you my address to mail the disc to.

..Al

• 2 years later...

How about a Microsoft-style popup dialog box saying something like:

"The last post in the topic to which you are replying was made on %DATE%. Since this is more than %OLD_TOPIC_WARN_INTERVAL% ago, please reconsider posting if you have nothing significant to add. Are you sure you want to post this reply? [NO] [YES]"

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 15 years later...