IGNORED

Dragon Wing WIP

neotokeo2001

This is a WIP Hack of Seaquest. I need a little help to finish it.

The Scuba Divers need to be changed to something else(Baby Dragons, Etc).

I can't figure out how the graphic is being generated. I have found pieces of the scuber diver in Hack-O-Matic at locations:

027e-02a8

Also, If someone can find the color locations for the remaining ground pieces and the wave bar it'd be a big help. I have spent alot of time looking for them without any luck. :?

The WIP BIN is below.

dragon_wing_wip.zip

post-3832-1103586101_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1103586102_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1103586103_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi there!

I'd assume the diver is done with the ball, since it can reside on the same scanline as the sub and the shark at the same time and has a third color.

Unfortunately that means that you're not looking for a sprite shape, but for two tables containing HMBL and CTRLPF values.

I'd assume the shape you found is the one that's used in the "colected divers" meter, which possibly might use a regular sixchar display.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I'd assume the diver is done with the ball, since it can reside on the same scanline as the sub and the shark at the same time and has a third color.

Unfortunately that means that you're not looking for a sprite shape, but for two tables containing HMBL and CTRLPF values.

I'd assume the shape you found is the one that's used in the "colected divers" meter, which possibly might use a regular sixchar display.

Greetings,

Manuel

I did find the graphic used for the collected divers. It is a normal graphic that is easily changed. The animated diver info that I found is just a few vertical lines that only seem to affect single pixels when changed.

• Like 1

This looks incredible. I have been keeping track with all the incredible hacks. That is why I dont do em anymore. (I really stink at them) I am going to try label art instead. (we all know that stinks as well).

I still haven't gave up on having a hack of mine on a cart(Nunchaku-Mania probably, why I dont know :D ).

Without a doubt, you(neo), are amongst one of the best in hacking, and ideas. It would be safe to say, that a lot of here(at AA) feel this way. So keep on hackin', and coming up with incredible versions, of our favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out how the graphic is being generated.

I had a similar problem when trying to change Tron - Deadly Discs into Deadly Dogs (an easter egg in Dig Dug for the Intellivision). I had problems trying to turn the enemies into hotdogs resulting in some weird/glitchy results. Here are a couple of the better binaries along the way:

1 - Changed Tron into a Burgertime hotdog

2 - Tried to turn enemies into hotdogs (lots of trouble)

3 - A different approach... maybe the enemies are cheese? Bah, it crashes! :x

4 - Changed enemies to square blocks of cheese. I wasn't thrilled with the result, so I gave up. :-P

• 12 years later...

Holy necro-post Maxx-man!

I went back and figured out how the graphics were stored in Tron - Deadly Discs. It was kind of bizarre... I wonder if it was some sort of attempt by Mattel to keep pirates from hacking the graphics. The hotdog animations are my own. I might have ripped them from the INTV version, but Mattel chose to squish the enemy players in Deadly Discs and they simply wouldn't have fit.

Anyway, I couldn't find the original Deadly Dogs post, but since the hack is already mentioned here, I thought I'd just post it here. Maybe someone will enjoy it:

Deadly Dogs.bin

post-48779-0-71002100-1486433892_thumb.png

Edited by The Maxx
  • Like 1