IGNORED

Crazy Balloon Public Relase

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Keep it up, and I can't wait to see how you implement that evil face of doom. That thing gave me nightmares.  :x
When I'm sober in time, maybe on sunday ;)

Hm... well I'm sober, but downsizing the face now gives me nightmares. The original is 19*45, while the VCS would need it best at 8*34. I'm not too happy with what I can do here, attached is my best try so far vs. the original. Maybe I should try a fan?

Greetings,

Manuel

cb.gif

cb2.gif

I think the face looks good in the first two stages... But in the final blowing stage looks a little hard to see... Nose, mouth, and adam's apple get a little confusing. Other than that, I really like it, and probably wouldn't notice something like that when playing. So, definately keep the face! :D

-----

Chase Hermsen

Er, definitely [i miss edit]

Looking at it again, it looks perfectly fine. You are probably looking at it like I am, frame by frame, but you have to watch it as one smooth thing, and then it makes perfect flow, and looks great.

You just have to take the third face frame in context for it to fit. If you look at it by itself, it looks strange (I was doing it frame by frame), but if you watch it all at once, it makes more sense, so, good job! Keep it! :D

------

Chase Hermsen

Hm... well I'm sober, but downsizing the face now gives me nightmares. The original is 19*45, while the VCS would need it best at 8*34. I'm not too happy with what I can do here, attached is my best try so far vs. the original. Maybe I should try a fan?

I think the face looks fine, you did a great job of converting it to the 2600 given the limitations you faced (no pun intended). I'd prefer to see that remain in the game so it's truer to the original, rather than your using a fan graphic. :)

..Al

Hi there!

Uihjah! Strong support for the yellow face man! Ok, I continued tweaking it... and tweaking it... and tweaking it...

And TADA: Here's finally a version *I* like as well, i.e. it can stay in the game! :)

I think it looks even meaner now than the original :D

Greetings,

Manuel

cb.gif

I like the first face that you did better. I like the eyes better in the original. That's just my opinion.

I agree, I like the eyes from the original better. The eyes in the new one are too "detached" and the eye socket is a bit large. I do like the new blowing animation better, though.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

So here's another update.

I added the face sprite now. I went with the one with the moving eye, simply because I had to cut the animation of the adams apple and thought it'd look very boring if only the mouth was animated.

I also added moving spikes now, so slowly I have most elements of the game working. The next task will be faithfully recreating the 16 levels of the arcade.

BTW: I fear with the measurements given of the VCS conversion, the middle passage of the third layout is impossible to move through.When no one else here manages to use this passage either, I'll be forced to redesign the layout of this part.

Greetings,

Manuel

crazy.zip

cb.gif

Heh, I downloaded it anyway. Nice job. I love the opening title screen, the blocks move quite nicely, and I've yet to make it through Tyz (The Yellow Zone). Maybe some überbonus for making it through? :D

But, it looks awesome. I can't wait to see it when you put in the wind effects from the face. :D

---------

Chase Hermsen