IGNORED

Merry Christmas to all of you :-)

Starcat

Hi folks !

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas !

I also have a little present for you, a sneak preview on one of my Atari Jaguar side projects, that used to be listed on the Starcat Developments site with a questionmark.

The game is called JagWorm and it's a funny, and addictive cartoon game, in which you control a worm through levels full of obstacles. Your goal is to eat all the apples in the level before time runs out and without hitting any obstacles such as rocks, thorns, bushes, water and other things.

The game features colorful cartoon graphics, save feature, lots of levels and even several different highly addictive game modes, such as the advanced game mode which I summed up above already, the classic mode, where your goal is to eat as many apples as possible without biting yourself and a very fun multiplayer mode for up to 8(!!) players at once.

The game is progressing well, however to complete it, I need your help.

The project needs talented mod musicians to create game music. If you are interested in helping out, visit the "help wanted" section of the Jagworm site. (link below leads to the site)

Check the site out and enjoy !!

http://www.starcat-dev.de/jagworm

Regards, Lars.

Merry CHRISTMAS to you to Lars, and to the whole Jaguar&Atari community. May the TRUE spirit of CHRISTMAS be with you and yours this season. Peace on earth and good will toward All mankind. :)

I'll have to check out your game now.

:D Happy Holidays to everyone!

I can't say that 2004 has been very exciting for the Jaguar, but I am thankful for my fellow Jaguar enthusiasts that continue to keep things interesting.

I'll probably get to play Xbox with my ten year old brother on Sunday, so that will be cool. I'm wishing that everyone enjoys their family this holiday, because that is what is most important.

Chris

Hi !

Well,

first of all, Merry Christmas to you as well.

About the game: seems it's going to be fun. Good job.

About MODs: do you know if there is a way to move MIDI files to a MOD editor such as Octalyzer?

I am not sure if you can covert midi to mod properly with any software that is out there. The problem is, midi uses hardware "instruments", while mod uses samples as instruments. Which means you basically have the "notes" that should played, but don't know what instrument to play them on, when converting midi to mod.

You would basically have to create samples of the midi instruments for the mod file.

But I am no expert on midi or mod music either, that's why I need help on that topic :D

Regards, Lars.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Lars,

I bet most people didn't even see your "news" due to the title...

I also have a little present for you, a sneak preview on one of my Atari Jaguar side projects, that used to be listed on the Starcat Developments site with a questionmark.
I'd be so surprised it only I wasn't a playtester all along... ;-)

The game is called JagWorm...

As in the classic "snake" type game lately famous on Nokia phones...

however the 8 player mode will be a terrific addition, even if only on

a Teamtap and not networked. Classic games make nice homebrews!

The game is progressing well, however to complete it, I need your help. The project needs talented mod musicians to create game music. If you are interested in helping out, visit the "help wanted" section of the Jagworm site. (link below leads to the site)
Maybe a one level demo would encourage some interest in this?

Cheers,

JustClaws.