IGNORED

Ebay Free listing day?

Buyatari

I was hoping CPUWIZ would post and let us know ahead of time, I have a bunch of stuff to list. :D

I have not received an email from eBay about a free listing day. ;)

LIAR! :P

***One-Day 10¢ Listing Day Sale For Auction-Style and Fixed Price Listings***

Date: 12/26/04 Time: 04:46:13 PM PST

We are pleased to announce a special one-day 10¢ Listing Day Sale where insertion fees for auction-style and fixed price format listings on www.ebay.com, www.ebaymotors.com (for non-vehicles listings) and www.ebay.ca will be 10¢. The promotion will begin on Monday, December 27, 2004 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second) and end that same day, Monday, December 27, 2004 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds). Listings which were created prior to December 27, 2004 and scheduled to start during the promotional period will also be eligible for the special promotional rate. For more information about this promotion on eBay Canada, please click here.

During the 10¢ Listing Day Sale:

The insertion fee for all auction-style and Fixed Price format listings will be 10¢. For more information about this promotional pricing, please click here.

The 10¢ Listing Day Sale will not apply to Motors vehicles, International, Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format, and Store Inventory listings.

All other fees (including Final Value Fees and optional listing upgrade fees such as Border, Bold, Highlight, Gallery, Gallery Featured, Featured Plus!, Listing Designer, Subtitle, Reserve, Extended Duration insertion fees, etc.) will still be charged. The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to December 27, 2004, including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotional period (December 27, 2004) that are scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

We hope you enjoy the 10¢ Listing Day Sale!

Regards,

eBay

I hate when there is a free listing day. There is so much junk that people put up that it is too time consuming to go through some of them. I think that ebay should make free listing day a "get your listing fee back if you sell it" day. That way people will not just put stuff up and hope that some sucker buys one of their 100 items.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. anitooth.gif

I hate when there is a free listing day.  There is so much junk that people put up that it is too time consuming to go through some of them.  I think that ebay should make free listing day a "get your listing fee back if you sell it" day.  That way people will not just put stuff up and hope that some sucker buys one of their 100 items.

are you kidding,  i found a sock to match one that i have,  now i have a pair :P  

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. anitooth.gif

It's good if you have some high end items to post & don't like getting hit with the fees.

If you are starting under $10 no reserve it's normally .35 cents each so you're saving a quarter a listing. I'm sure every little bit helps, but it's sometimes not worth the effort if you have a bogged down ebay with tons more auctions posted all at the same time. Harder for people to find the listing, or more of same items up at same time may mean less bids, lower selling prices.

On higher end items though, fixed price listings are nice.

What I do with "free" listing day, or in this case "dime" listing day, is list everything that never sold, and other items that sold but I have multiples of. If you sell the things that didn't sell before, you get your listing fee back, so then it is free.

I'm up to 60 auctions right now, but plan on adding more when I get home from work. I keep all my auctions in the turbo lister files, then just sort through the ones that I still own, especially if they are 5 or more months old.

To be in the spirit of Christmas, I am going to give you a little secret. You can only see 60 days worth of auctions in my ebay. If you are looking for a little older auctions that didn't sell and didn't bother writing down the item numbers, here's a trick. Go to your seller account and view previous months invoice sheets. You have a detailed item by item listing of each fee. You can then access those auctions that didn't sell and relist them. If they are really old, 4-5 months, then your picture may not be there. If you are smart, you've saved all the photos on your computer and just add them.

I put up several auctions with no photo. I may just link my website to the listing where I have the photos shown.

Anyway, I put up some of the popular games and sealed 7800. I plan on adding much more. So check me out.

Phil

@ Philflound: are all the darkhorse/valiants listed in wizard ?

i was collecting lost of comics in the early to mid 90s mostly #'1's or special ones. not just valiant and darkhorse

when i bought my comics i would only buy at comic stores because they dont have the barcodes,and ive never read them, i wouldnt walk out of comic shop without being bagged with the backing cardboard,

all my comics are mint!

the wizard guide now is more confusing to me and i cant seem to find all brands listed in it ?

are there any particular #'s or low #'s off the top of your head between 1991 and 1993 that i should look for in my collection that could be worth something? that also goes for DC and Marvel besides the others.

i do remember that some i bought even from comic store had barcode, only a handfull i bought like that " i wanna say death to superman series bagged"

what is the best way for me to price my comics ?

Almost every comic book released from the early 1990s to about 1995 or so is pretty much worthless. Wizard doesn't list crap anymore. Overstreet is undervalued on many, many books. The Comic Guide by Krause (can't remember the exact name) tries to list every comic book ever published in history. Lots of independents are there that you will find NOWHERE else in any other price guide. The thing weighs like a phone book and is just as thick. Prices there are pretty undervalued for everything too, but they list confirmed CGC sales.

Your best bet for going rates on books will be to visit 2 websites and do searches, though you may not realize the prices there, or possibly may realize even higher.

www.milehighcomics.com (mile high being the biggest back issue dealer in the world)

www.valiantcomics.com (covers all valiant universe comics, but not nintendo and acclaim books like Sliders, Armed and Dangerous, Grackle, etc.) This gives print runs and rarities and also documents sales.

Hope this helps.

Phil

when i bought my comics i would only buy at comic stores because they dont have the barcodes,and ive never read them,  i wouldnt walk out of comic shop without being bagged with the backing cardboard

This mentality is pretty much why comics are worthless from that period. It used to be that comics were valuable because they had a compelling story or marked a turning point in the various comic universe; not because they came with a limited edition, cover, card, poster, pin back, etc.

My suggestion is to use all comics from the 90's as kitty litter and only buy and collect comics that have some intrinsic value and not because they are destined to be financial investments.

when i bought my comics i would only buy at comic stores because they dont have the barcodes,and ive never read them,  i wouldnt walk out of comic shop without being bagged with the backing cardboard

This mentality is pretty much why comics are worthless from that period. It used to be that comics were valuable because they had a compelling story or marked a turning point in the various comic universe; not because they came with a limited edition, cover, card, poster, pin back, etc.

My suggestion is to use all comics from the 90's as kitty litter and only buy and collect comics that have some intrinsic value and not because they are destined to be financial investments.

use as kitty litter ? :P i think not! like i said, i will give to charity and just use the cover price as a tax write-off!

There are a lot of little independent books that are actually quite good. Sometimes the art is mediocre, but I always go for stories anyway. You'd be surprised at how hard some of the independent books are to get. I always go to shows and dig through the 50 cent to $1 bins to see what I can find. In fact I was supposed to put up some auctions and didn't get around to it from some comics I bought 1 1/2 weeks ago. But I wound up listing an additional 102 auctions last night, so now I'm up to 162. :)

$16.20 listing fees. Pretty good.

Phil