IGNORED

Mc Donald's - Atari Game Card

l3ushwig

It would be great if someone had a winning game card or winning pop cap saying they are the winner of an Atari 2600. Imagine what McDonalds or Coke would do and the lengths they would have to go to furnish the winner with a new Atari 2600.

I'm sure in a warehouse somewhere there are some new Atari 2600 units left.

I do think McDonalds or Coke would honor the winning game card or pop cap if there was no expiry date on it.

Anyone have a winner?

• 3 years later...

Heh i was just thinking about this since im selling off most of my collection soon.

Ill have to find it and get a better scan up.

Wont be any watermarks either, That was back in the day when i was young, immature, paranoid as shit that people would steal my images and such.

Not sure if im going to keep it or sell it, Ive only seen a few pictures of them online.

EDIT: Take a look here, http://cgi.ebay.com/McDonalds-Atari-Game-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number if link doesn't work:130204944543

IMO great deal!

Edited by l3ushwig

I remember both of the series (the pac-man and asteroids). I look at them today and wonder, "How did I consider that fun?" And yet they were! They still are. I can't remember if I won anything, but I have to work to pay bills so I'm certain I didn't win much. Remember when McDonald's was called out for rigging the Monopoly games somehow? I wonder if these games were rigged...

No need for that:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...OODIE&ID=91

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...=PUB&ID=816

Can you scan the seperate Star Raiders and Missile Command?

8)

Umm, excuse me, but I don't recall giving permission for my stuff to be put on your site, let alone without credits as to where it came from. I spent a sizable amount of time and money to obtain that whole setup for someone to just throw it up on their site like its part of their collection. My display at the MGC *is* advertised as being from the E2M, and all restrictions and permissions apply.

I also updated the credits on my page to make it clearer if it wasn't:

post-160-1206206953_thumb.png

post-160-1206207534_thumb.png

Edited by wgungfu

Found it:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...amp;hl=placemat

Hence the confusion.

Excuses accepted.

8)

Not sure what you're referring to with "excuses accepted". My sharing some photos from the collection in a website forum does not constitute permission to display them anywhere except where I released them, and certainly again not without credits. I enjoy having the material out for other people to see and enjoy, that's why I created the E2M rather than have it sit in my basement as a personal collection never to be seen by anyone. And why I shared them in that thread and others in the past. If I would have been asked "Hey, do you guys mind if I take these and put these up on our website", that would have been entirely acceptable and common practice. Its bad enough your cohorts endlessly snipe other established collectors on ebay, driving up the price for stuff like this, then to have it wind up in photos on their site anyways.

That said, I don't have a problem with people using them as long as they put captions to either myself or the E2M under the photos. That's exactly the same licensing I use for photos I've put up for use at Wikipedia such as my signed Magnavox Odyssey used in the Magnavox Odyssey entry there, and was actually used by several news agencies as the license deemed ("Photo courtesy of...").

Edited by wgungfu

The main issue of the situation is - Rom Hunter's site is a wealth of information, however you don't have a tangible way of knowing and showing credit to the sources of the materials on your site.

I had this same dilemma with you using materials that are sourced from me on your site, they are there, but there is no original source reference.

I know you have a credit area or News Posting area saying "photo from such and such" but then as more News comes in, its bumped down and eventually off until such information disappears.

If you are able to take the time to put in all of the wealth of info, adding one additional field [credit] into the database and having it display with the materials would go a long way to being able to know and trace back where you're harvesting said materials and for giving proper credit where do.

Curt

wgungfu,

I am sorry but when you willingly post pictures of anything on a board like this and don't say...........do not disribute this photo.........it is fair game. Rom hunter is just gathering the information and distributing it. I am sorry you were offended by this, but Rom's great source of Atari information lost somthing my grand kids will never see.

El

Marty Said...

Its bad enough your cohorts endlessly snipe other established collectors on ebay, driving up the price for stuff like this, then to have it wind up in photos on their site anyways.

This I wont totally agree with your statement Marty - Ebay is free and open, if someone has the cash and wants something bad enough, its fair competition, if your outbid, its means more money then you were willing spend...

However, I do feel there is a gentleman's rule.... Most of us know each other's handles on Ebay and if you see something you like, put in a min. bid so all others know it is something you are going for and as a gesture of respect, they pass on said auction for a sniping. I generally do this if I already see someone I know bidding on an auction, as I don't wish to fight with someone over it nor drive their final price up.

If I do see something I really want and I don't want to back down, I will email the person and let them know that I intend to go for an item and I gauge to see if they wish to back off or if its a multi-item auction, we can split it or we put on the gloves and have a friendly competition.

If you haven't put in a bid, no one sees you going for an auction, or you jump in at the tail end of the auction, well then others may have already seen it and setup a snipe for it, I've done that many times and if I forget about the auction until its over, I don't get to see if others I know are bidding and I may snipe them, heck Karl has sniped me and I to him a few times and we both work together, so these things happen.

Bottom line, if you already see someone you know in an auction, take the respectful approach, contact them or pass on an auction. I've found that patience truly is golden and you may miss something, but sooner or later the same or better shows up again in another way shape or form, been doing it for over 25 years and it pays off :-)

Curt

wgungfu,

I am sorry but when you willingly post pictures of anything on a board like this and don't say...........do not disribute this photo.........it is fair game.

Completely untrue. You're making that based on assumption, and copyright law would say otherwise. There's no license here when creating an account that says you relinquish rights to anything you post, and there's no law that states that either. And to even add to the mix, everything posted on this site is also the copyright of Atari Age (there's an © at the bottom of the page), which would be the only other entity that would conceivably have dual rights to anything posted on this forum. The collection site (E2M) is included in all my posts and I very clearly stated it was from that collection. Anything at AtariHQ and ClassicGaming.Com also has the same policies posted.

Rom hunter is just gathering the information and distributing it.

Which requires credits, including for all the other people he gathered it from. Source material is always credited, that's a standard practice with *any* archive.

I am sorry you were offended by this, but Rom's great source of Atari information lost somthing my grand kids will never see.

El

That was his decision, I clearly stated I'd give permission if credits were maintained. If they don't want to do the few lines of code to add credits to photo captions, that's not my problem.

Likewise, don't get so melodramatic, its not like the item can't be seen anywhere else - which is the point on giving credit when you "gather the information and distribute it".

Edited by wgungfu

Marty Said...

Its bad enough your cohorts endlessly snipe other established collectors on ebay, driving up the price for stuff like this, then to have it wind up in photos on their site anyways.

This I wont totally agree with your statement Marty - Ebay is free and open, if someone has the cash and wants something bad enough, its fair competition, if your outbid, its means more money then you were willing spend...

However, I do feel there is a gentleman's rule.... Most of us know each other's handles on Ebay and if you see something you like, put in a min. bid so all others know it is something you are going for and as a gesture of respect, they pass on said auction for a sniping. I generally do this if I already see someone I know bidding on an auction, as I don't wish to fight with someone over it nor drive their final price up.

Uhh....that's what I was referring to with my statement. ;)

If you are able to take the time to put in all of the wealth of info, adding one additional field [credit] into the database and having it display with the materials would go a long way to being able to know and trace back where you're harvesting said materials and for giving proper credit where do.

Curt

I agree 100%. Nobody is saying "hey don't create a big database of pictures and other content that people can look at in one location". More power to you, and people certainly like it. Its just give proper credit to the other people's work whose material it stands on. Its really not that hard to add a caption, if there are even larger databases than yours that can provide credit for other people's photos (and/or text) with the main item. I'm sure you guys can manage it.

Edited by wgungfu