IGNORED

The 2005 Video Game Summit

Dan Iacovelli

As we ar coming down to the homestrech of VGS'05

just want to remind people that the deadline for tables is June 26th,2005

Also chats for VGS are on Weds at telnet://www.atari-users.net (for those who have yahoo, we will also be using the yahoo chat room at the video game summit yahoo list(e-mail me and and I'll tell you how to get there)

fogort to mention one small thing: I'm looking for runners the show as well.

Since the area is small my tables will not be in the main room like the first year

instead I will have tables right by the entrance in the hallway(the first three tables you see when coming out the elevator) I will need two(or three) volunteers to pass the raffle tickets out or to watch my table while I take of other matters.

If interested please e-mail me.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Just a quick bump reminding those who haven't brought thier tables yet there is only 11 days left to register for tables,pizza reservations and/or sposnorships.

we only have a small amount of tables remaining (premium spots that is) if you plan to pay for tables at the show there is no guarantee you will get a good location it's better to register now then to get at the show.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Ok... so my buddy and I have decided we are going for sure.

What kind of pizza is it (I'm a pizza lover ;) ) and how do I go about reserving some I guess?

875158[/snapback]

it will be great to see you.

pizza's are 16inch one pizza will sausage and peperoni and another will suasage and green pepers.

you could reserve online by going to the mollyguard site listed in couple posts

back or wait until the show(I'm not too concerned about pizza reservations as I'm still working on get more tables sold)

just letting you know that a major percentage of premier tables are almost taken up.

Also be prepared for a major anouncment about a sponsor/vendor for the show(I can't say who it is because they haven't confirmed yet ,but they are interested)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Flash back to 70's at The 2005 Video Game Summit

For Immediate Release:

Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United is proud to announce that

with help from Corey Koltz of 8-bit classics (http://www.8bitclassics.com)

and Curt Vendel of the Atari Museum (http://www.atarimuseum.com/)

that The Atari Flashback 2.0 game console will make it's first

midwestern appearance at The 2005 Video Game Summit in July before

it's inital release in August.

This will be it's first public showing in full retail form.

The Atari Flashback 2.0 made it's first southwestern appearence

at the Okalohma Video Game Expo on June 18t(before that it was shown

at the Electrontic Entertainment Expo back in May). The Atari Flashback 2.0

features 40 built in 2600 games all using actual 2600 technology

(some games are classics but there are a few new homebrew games included).

Plus the controllers are interchangable with classic Atari controllers.

Stop by the 8-bit classics table at VGS'05 to check

out The Atari Flashback 2.0 and flashback to the 70's

when you got your first 2600.

The 2005 Video Game Summit will be

on July 16th,2005 from 9am to 6pm

Fairfield inn and Suites (Heron point building),

645 West North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148.

Join the Video Game Summit mailing list for updates on the event

(VideoGameSummit-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

Visit the VGS website: http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/FestVGS.html

For more information about Video Game Summit

contact Daniel Iacovelli at AtariVideoClub@yahoo.com

END PRESS RELEASE

glad to haer that your coming

(side note theserver where the shows website is having trouble

when Itryed to upload the website it crashed,so if anybody is going to register for tables please go to http://vgs05.mollyguard.com hopefully the problem will be fixed)

the problem is fixed website is back up (and updated)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

only 15 days remaning till VGS'05 (to quote the old Playstation slogan "

R U E" (are you ready))

quick reminder payments for pizza reseration or tables are no longerbe accepted online or by mail, but are still accpeted at the show.

(tables are limited)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

I guess I'm still coming to this, and hopefully win all the tournaments.

Questions -- What is the "Arcade Ambiance" CDs? For PC or a game system and what's on them? All the tourney games, are these being played on 2600s, or is something like Frogger gonna be done using the actual arcade machine? Time limits on the tourney games...cause some may take a LONG time.

I guess I'm still coming to this, and hopefully win all the tournaments.

Questions -- What is the "Arcade Ambiance" CDs?  For PC or a game system and what's on them?  All the tourney games, are these being played on 2600s, or is something like Frogger gonna be done using the actual arcade machine?  Time limits on the tourney games...cause some may take a LONG time.

887595[/snapback]

Aracde Ambiance CD is a music CD that good deal games makes I believe

it has actual arcade music from the machines (as well as sound effects).

yes most of them are on 2600 (with expection of round two of the star wars tourney which was orginally going be star raiders,but Ifigured that protector SE on the jag got more play for the last two years to change it from Star Raiders to Prot. SE)

Frogger is played via the superchrger on the 2600 the orginal sega frogger(check the 2600 HSC this game was used once for it)

there are no timelimits and the games will be set on hard difficulty.

also if you notice that all the tourneys (except for Star Wars ) run for two or 1.5 hours, this what I call walk up tourneies you can play these tourneys in the desinated time (ie the first tourney is laserman 2k3 from 9 to 11am, so if you want enter that you come up to my table (which won't be the room,but out side of the room right by the elevators) and say Iwant to eneter laserman tourney, After 11am

the tourney will be closed and the winner will be announced(you notice that Iahve the raffle drawing and the prize awarding for the touneries at the same time,this gives us more time for other stuff)

btw: theres going to be at least one more update to schedule on monday.

For those who are coming to the show: I need to know how many is going is to have pizza at the show.

(Don't reply to this e-mail me or PM me)

pizza is 8.50 per person

pop is a 1.50 on consumption

(I will also have cookies and brownies served before the lunch which is $4.00 per person,and is on me,unless you care to doante toward it)

I have ordered pizza for twenty people,but I want to make sure I do have enough.

For those who are coming to the show: I need to know how many is going is to have pizza at the show.

(Don't reply to this e-mail me or PM me)

pizza is 8.50 per person

pop is a 1.50 on consumption

(I will also have cookies and brownies served before the lunch which is $4.00 per person,and is on me,unless you care to doante toward it)

I have ordered pizza for twenty people,but I want to make sure I do have enough.

887950[/snapback]

the hotel e-mailed me back syaing no outside food can be allowed in the hotel.

so If you want pizza please let me know. (Also I changed the order from 20 to 60)

Lunch is being moved from 2pm to 1pm.

Is anyone going to have an 800 / 800XL setup and running?

I'd love to see that Super Mario Bros. 3 clone in action on real Atari hardware!

888832[/snapback]

there might be chance that sombody will have it running but not too sure(we do have a atari users grup attending so they might have it)

just to  inform you:

the 2005 VGS program in up (it's a 3meg pdf file)

to d/l it go to the vgs website and click on the link VGS program

889644[/snapback]

Dan ---

Fedex will be picking up a production unit of Flashback 2 and it'll be on its way to Corey to set-up at your show, so attendee's are going to get their first hand try outs of the full units including the newly written games.

Curt

just to  inform you:

the 2005 VGS program in up (it's a 3meg pdf file)

to d/l it go to the vgs website and click on the link VGS program

889644[/snapback]

Dan ---

Fedex will be picking up a production unit of Flashback 2 and it'll be on its way to Corey to set-up at your show, so attendee's are going to get their first hand try outs of the full units including the newly written games.

Curt

889665[/snapback]

Curt,

Thanks for the update

Dan

This is somewhat of a pointless post but I'm pretty excited about coming to the convention this year so I'll post it anyway.

I'm from Illinois and tried to make VGS the last couple years and couldn't (not really any other classic gaming choices throughout the year for us Illinoisians). This will be the first gaming convention of my life and I've been collecting for 15-20 years so that's saying something.

Thanks for putting this together Dan!