IGNORED

Can't get Indy 500 to work

erik5357

I just bought Indy 500 at a flea market and it won't work. I cleaned it about 10 times and even took the case apart to see if the chipboard looked damaged. It looked like it was in great shape. The screen usually stays black, but sometimes it has color lines like when there is no cartridge in the system.

Whats wrong???

P.S. Ive only had an Atari for about 5 days and I love it!

Thanks,

Erik

It could be just a bad game or the contacts are really worn out and are not making good enough contact to play the game correctly

i got an Arkanoid game for the NES and it didnt work at all so i took it apart and i saw that one contact(on the end) was scratched pretty bad, so i took my knife and scrapped it really lightly to smooth it out and now it runs perfectly

But i wouldnt suggest that you scrap the ends of the Indy 500 game with a knife cause that might not be the problem and it could be just a bad game that quit working

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

I've only ever had *1* game not work for me on any system.. a copy of Archon for the NES. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but it won't work no matter what I do.

I've never had a 2600 game not work after enough cleaning.

Overall, I'd say out of the 5-10 thousands carts I've had in my possesion, I've only had ONE not work. These things will last forever.

I've been collecting for years, and the only cart that didn't work was an "Air Sea Battle". This was the first copy I had received (a few years ago), I got mad because I wanted to play it, so I smashed it open and froze the chip in a jar in the freezer! Other than that, all of my carts have worked flawless. Even if they didn't, I wouldn't mind if they weren't rare. Of course, I'll probably never have anything that rare...