IGNORED

The first VCS games I ever played

Mister VCS

Today I remember the day I got in touch with the VCS for the first one.

It was Christmas-day in 1979 when my brother got his VCS (6switch,

blue Sunnyvale-made-sticker on the back, bot not heavy sixer).

It came with paddles and joysticks and Combat.

Naturally Combat was the first VCS game I ever played.

A few days (or weeks) later my brother bought Street Racer and Chopper

Command. The next games where Space Invaders and Asteroids.

The Asteroids cart had a bug and he changed it to Missile Command.

What are your memories?

I don't know it so good, but I know these games that I played as child.

Asterix, Bobby geht nach Hause, Championship Soccer, Decathlon, Der hungrige Panda, Dragonfire, E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Enduro, Fishing Derby, Frogger, Ice Hockey, Indy 500, Jungle Hunt, Keystone Kapers, Pac-Man, Peter Penguin, Pitfall!, Pressure Cooker, Q*bert, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schnecke und Eichhörnchen, Tennis, Video Pinball. And maybe some more.

But I think the first was Pac-Man.

And we had too an Atari 6 switch in the past. But the connector was not good, sometimes it goes off.

Matthias

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

My brother and I got out Atari for Christmas as well. Combat was my first, but my favorite has always been Space Invaders. Other favorites: Pac-Man, Summer Games, Towering Inferno, Q-Bert, and Asteroids. Aaah, the Christmas memories, looking for the small boxes under the tree hoping that it was a video game.

The first time I played Atari was at my friend Adam's house, way back when... We didn't play his Atari much since I had a ColecoVision with more games, so we usually played it instead. I'm pretty sure he had a 6-switch, but my memory is a little hazy. I don't remember all the games that he had, but I definitely remember playing E.T. and Missile Command... and he had the video touchpad, so I assume he had Star Raiders as well. My first Atari game was probably E.T., sadly enough.

(For the longest time, I used to think that the touchpad was meant for Missile Command for some reason... but then, I was probably 5 years old at the time)

--Zero

I first played Atari at a friend's house. I remember that I went to his birthday party primarily because he had an Atari This was about 1979 or '80.

I remember that he had Pac Man and SW:ESB. He must have had Combat as well, but I don't remember playing it.

I thought Pac Man was unspectacular, but I *loved* SW:ESB, especially the music!

I got my Atari as a Christmas present also. My parents also bought me Breakout so it and Combat were the first games I played. Within a couple of weeks I bought Basketball. I remember reading through their catalog and really wanting Space War and Street Racer. I ended up getting both of them and was disappointed each time.

One of the games I have very fond memories of is Starmaster. Until I got it (for my birthday) I was stuck playing Atari on an old black and white TV. However, the instructions clearly said that you needed a color TV to play Starmaster and my dad was afraid that the Atari would hurt our family television so he bought a small color portable one that I could keep the Atari hooked up to

Freeway was my first. Even though Combat was packed in with the system, the first cart ever to be played on my 4 switch was a chicken and a highway. Then Combat, and I think I got Space Invaders the same day. That was Christmas 1982.

I can still remember the smell of cookies in the kitchen as I played those games. Man what I would not give to relive those days again. You grow up, but never away.

Cassidy

For me it was Break-Out at a friends house I told my parents about how great it was and that I wanted one...They went out and bought me some unit that had Break-Out and Pinball built in... It was a start but after ahile the games got old.I needed the real-thing..At Xmas I got an Atari (with Combat of course) and a couple weeks later...My first real game.... Break-Out!! Hahah

My first game was Combat. My parents gave my sister and I an original heavy-sixer back in 1978. Neither of us were expecting anything so cool, but my Dad had saved up premium points from a incentive program they had at work and put them all toward the system. Thanks, Dad.

Outlaw, Breakout, Indy 500, and Asteroids are among the games I remember playing the most. My sister and I also liked Space War (though we could never figure out why space was colored green.) I've had a soft spot for those early games ever since.

I'm happy to say that I still have all of those original cartridges. And my original VCS, now sadly non-working and awaiting repair, is proudly displayed in my gameroom.

-Bryan