IGNORED

store display hanging posters

Donald_Ferren

I found some nice store display posters at my local flea market today. They're made of thick, almost cardboard-like, paper with punched holes in the top to attach a string for hanging. They're also double-sided with the picture you see mirrored on the back.

Any idea of their worth?

post-4863-1105245962_thumb.jpg

post-4863-1105245963_thumb.jpg

post-4863-1105245964_thumb.jpg

I found some nice store display posters at my local flea market today. They're made of thick, almost cardboard-like, paper with punched holes in the top to attach a string for hanging. They're also double-sided with the picture you see mirrored on the back.

Any idea of their worth?

Heh, heh, heh! Which flea market? :)

I just moved back home to Benton from Springdale, so I'm in the Little Rock area and ready to see what kind of Atari stuff I can find.

By the way, what's the best Game Exchange in these parts? The one in Little Rock stinks (looked more like a closet than a store). I did find some decent Atari commons there (Airlock, Encounter at L-5, and Gangster Alley), but noting terribly rare. Anyway, I'm told Game Exchange in Jacksonville and North Little Rock are great, but I'm not sure which one to hit first. Suggestions?

Heh, heh, heh! Which flea market? :)

That would be telling! ;)

The GameXchange in Searcy is a little better, but they don't have much more than just commons anymore. Since I've been going there, they've wizened up about what they have--and I've had a hard time finding anything good since. I strongly suspect the owner of the place hand-picks out all the good stuff that people sell to the stores.

There's also a fairly new used video game store in Searcy called GameCrave. They tend to have less Atari stuff than GameXchange, but occasionally you'll find something other than a common.

As with anything, you have to go and visit these places as often as possible.

If you have time to swing by St Louis MO stop in my store guys I have alot of vintage games. I would be interested in a few of the poster things for trade at my store. Just to let you know Game exchanges in St louis suck also same selection of crap evey week. The people who work there tell me all the time they buy the good old stuff to sell on ebay and leave junk in the store. Thats why they rarely have anything rare or up in market price.

Jason

I have the Super Breakout, Battlezone, and Tempest versions of those... picked them up on eBay for about $5 to $10 each. The most in-demand one was Yars' Revenge. I got these all from the same seller in the same week, but his Yars' auction went up to about $20!

They are pretty sweet, but I've got to find a better way to display them! Back in Atlanta when my so-called game room was in the basement, I just used thumbtacks in the drywall (pushed through the "paper punch" holes in the posters so as not to damage them, of course), but now that the game room is on the main floor of our house in Minneapolis (which, being much older, has plaster walls), I haven't decided what to do with them, so they're just tucked along side a bookcase, behind my guitars where my son (who takes after his mom, known as the "Finnish tornado" as a toddler) can't get at them.

I do kind of wish I hadn't torn off the perforated "25¢" tabs that used to be on the posters!