IGNORED

Show Me Your Atari 8-bit Collection!!

doctorclu

Here is a picture of my Atari 800 setup.

Comprised of a Atari 800, Ingus GT, 850 interface, 28.8 modem in a 825 case and a monitor switch in a 835 case. The UDS-10 in tucked out of site. Tried to keep it looking somewhat vintage.

Next to it when needed, a g3 Mac Wallstreet laptop, and next to that, a 75 mhz digital Hinote (so cute) laptop for the SIO2PC.

A fun setup that I hit the Atari BBS's (like Atari Inside, Boot Factory and Closer to Home) with daily.

post-4709-1105371870_thumb.jpg

I do actually have a 800 XL with 256 K rambo board which I pull out for special projects, but by and large I like the 800! Besides, Star Raiders, Archon, Wizard of Wor, Return of Heracles, Joust... my favorite games all play on the 800 just fine of course. Most of them are on cartridge.

So how about the rest of you Atari 8-bitters out there? I got the idea of this thread from the Jaguar forem, which has been a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 1

Here is my setup :)  

Not pictured I have: (all stock, unmodified)

400 (boxed)

410 tape drive

1050 disk drive

1025 printer

and probably some other stuff I am forgetting :)

whats that tripple beam for ?

i will show pics if you just wanna see 800 stuff packed away cause i only keep a 130xe with ape hooked to my pc now.

Hey I like the setup!  I think what I found most interesting was the NES controller.. what does it take to rewire one of those to work on the Atari?

It depends on if you want it to work with just one button (which is the easiest) or if you want it to work with both buttons on the 7800 (which requires two resistors and a few more wires)

I lost track of the one button mod, but here is the two button one that I use all the time.

7800 nes mod

The link to the text file is at the bottom of the picture.

• 14 years later...

Necro-bump. I did a search for all the "show your collection/set-up" threads and there are quite a few, so I just chose this one with the fewest replies.

Over the years my Atari set-up/collection has changed many times, but I've finally built myself the Atari work-station of my dreams.  It will evolve over time, but I thought it was time to show my latest set-up in my house I've been re-building/re-modeling over the past few years, since I finally moved in a couple of months ago (from an RV I'd been staying in while re-building the house from the ground up). I built this work station totally out of scraps and left-overs from the house construction, painted in the Atari XL livery.

So this is still "in the rough." There is still more to do; installing flooring and trim and painting some of the walls. Things are still quite dusty, as I'm still working on the house in many areas, there is a new layer of dust to clean every day.

Eventually I intend to paint the white walls of this work-station area into a mural that looks like a window showing an alien landscape outside.

The images below are of both "day" and "night" settings, in no particular order. Just as many different views I thought necessary since I couldn't get a picture of it all at once.

IMG_20200108_102949.jpg

IMG_20200108_102837.jpg

IMG_20200108_102623.jpg

IMG_20200108_103014.jpg

IMG_20200108_102718.jpg

IMG_20200108_102642.jpg

IMG_20200108_103026.jpg

IMG_20200108_102804.jpg

IMG_20200108_102730.jpg

IMG_20200108_102341.jpg

IMG_20200108_102604.jpg

IMG_20200108_102324.jpg

IMG_20200108_103052.jpg

IMG_20200108_102702.jpg

IMG_20200108_102956.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 4

It's an Atari ST mouse custom painted to match my XL. Sorry, the XL is currently down for repairs and that is an empty case just for show with it's LED lighting. My 1050 disk drives also have internal LED lighting, but their PSU's are also down for repair (just blown fuses) atm; I made the mistake while setting up of confusing plugs for my Indus GT drives and 1050's which blew the fuses in the 1050 PSU's, but the Indus GT PSU's survived the mishap.

IMG_20200108_110550.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

@NISMOPCThat's a damn sweet set-up too! the slanted shelving with your computers is something I'm going to add, now that I've seen yours! I'm just about to install some nice would flooring like you have, though it looks like yours is real planks, mine will be laminated tongue and groove, but it looks great where I've already installed it. 

It looks like our spaces are just about the same size, though the room you have it in is obviously longer than mine as I couldn't back up enough to show it all in one picture! Unless you just used some panoramic setting on your camera...I suppose there might be some setting on my camera phone that could adjust for that, but I didn't feel like figuring it out...

I want your 400 with the after-market keyboard! That's also a very interesting Atari you have created with the gray box and "external" keyboard...is that an 800? Never mind, it must be, with the four joystick ports...

Edited by Gunstar

Okay you people, stop posting panoramic shots of your stuff. Sections! And closeups! I can’t identify doodads and dongles this way. And is the 1050 a working unit or does it contain a spy cam?  :P

I am envious of all of those boxes. I believe I only have two Atari boxes...all else is third party.

yeah, my boxes were all gone long ago when I was young and thought they were trash.:dunce: All I've got now are software boxes, a couple of controller boxes and Atari and Coleco Flashback boxes. Though all the Atari equipment I have these days was purchased used and didn't come with boxes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gunstar said:

@NISMOPCThat's a damn sweet set-up too!

Thank you! The picture was taken in panoramic mode causing oddities with the view. All of the shelving is actually flat, not slanted ;-)

11 hours ago, Gunstar said:

That's also a very interesting Atari you have created with the gray box and "external" keyboard...is that an 800? Never mind, it must be, with the four joystick ports...

That is the FPGA based EclaireXL with a P:R: Connection to WiiModem232, 1050 drive and S-Drive Max.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Okay you people, stop posting panoramic shots of your stuff. Sections! And closeups! I can’t identify doodads and dongles this way. And is the 1050 a working unit or does it contain a spy cam?  :P

I am envious of all of those boxes. I believe I only have two Atari boxes...all else is third party.

I'll show my stuff all working and close-ups for you to identify the doodads and dongles once it's all up and running again. I generally keep the doodads and dongles hidden away though; too much clutter with the standard stuff already, even though I've got more space than I ever have before now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

Thank you! The picture was taken in panoramic mode causing oddities with the view. All of the shelving is actually flat, not slanted ;-)

That is the FPGA based EclaireXL with a P:R: Connection to WiiModem232, 1050 drive and S-Drive Max.

Well, oddities leading to false impressions or not, it gave me an idea to create slanted shelving for better display of hardware, so I'm going to make my own shelving like that regardless.;)

Some textured non-slip step tape on the shelves and good rubber feet on the bottom of my hardware will ensure it stays in place. Though I'll also add shelf lighting and maybe some glass/Plexiglas doors to mine as well.

I was also zooming in on your pic, checking out some of the stuff you got and I also want that ComputerEyes you have too, as well as your 400 with the keyboard! So just send that stuff along to me or as my Avatar says, I'll sick the Terminator on your fleshy ass!;) I'm not greedy, I don't want your entire stash, just those two items!:ahoy:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1