IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Hope you can manage to remove that ugly sticker on it; if you so chose. Be careful ;-)

The 'ugly sticker' (indeed ugly) is probably part of the game, compare here, so I guess I will not remove it.

Which indeed leads me to the sad question:

Yes, it is THE game, but is it 'Home Vision'?

Rom, you list the black cartridges of War 2000 under 'home vision'.

Still, both of them, have or had a sticker on them, saying:

'Meteor defends, Kat. No. 55433391, Doppelpack'.

This will probably relate to ITTs double pack of Meteor defence/Aliens Return you are listing here and here.

From what I can read on the reminder of the sticker of No. 3, it says:

'Alien's return, Kat. No. 55433391, Doppelpack'.

So, I think its possible, both games may be early releases of ITTs double pack Meteor defence/Aliens Return, while ITT did not yet have own labels/cartridges.

The same may be true for my black copy of World End, which clearly shows remainders of a sticker ...

If so, the "true" Home Vision No. 3 is still out there (so Rom, please do not yet rest in peace ;) ).

• Like 1

Woho! :thumbsup:

that question will be tough to answer I'm afraid: there's black label Homevision games in black cases in white plastic clam shell boxes, that are just slightly different, but do say Homevision on the paper sheet....

better not answer your question and just consider this the real deal... (until someone uncovers a white shell version) :woozy:

Cheers,

Marco

The 'ugly sticker' (indeed ugly) is probably part of the game, compare here, so I guess I will not remove it.

Which indeed leads me to the sad question:

Yes, it is THE game, but is it 'Home Vision'?

Rom, you list the black cartridges of War 2000 under 'home vision'.

Still, both of them, have or had a sticker on them, saying:

'Meteor defends, Kat. No. 55433391, Doppelpack'.

This will probably relate to ITTs double pack of Meteor defence/Aliens Return you are listing here and here.

From what I can read on the reminder of the sticker of No. 3, it says:

'Alien's return, Kat. No. 55433391, Doppelpack'.

So, I think its possible, both games may be early releases of ITTs double pack Meteor defence/Aliens Return, while ITT did not yet have own labels/cartridges.

The same may be true for my black copy of World End, which clearly shows remainders of a sticker ...

If so, the "true" Home Vision No. 3 is still out there (so Rom, please do not yet rest in peace ;) ).

True, it's not the first edition white case version, but nevertheless a Home Vision cart (black case version).

Underneath the sticker is the text Home Vision:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/war_2000_cart_5.jpg

You're 100% right to leave that sticker where it belongs, because it's genuine.

BTW: there's a possibility that the white case version still carries a Dimax logo on screen (the third and unfound Mission Impossible title from Dimax):

http://www.atarimania.com/pubs/hi_res/sinmax_ad.jpg

The first edition of War 2000 also still carries the Dimax logo (this was changed into the Home Vision logo in the black case version):

http://www.atarimania.com/game-war-2000_s10548.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Truly amazing! cant wait for better pics. I'm certain that black label homevisions are 'true' homevisions. they even pop up in the white clam shell boxes. I would say that if a white case copy ever showed up it would be more 'desirable' than this copy, but this is still the real deal and pretty much the last holy grail known release to be found. congrats stab!!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, staberinde, it's a great find. I'm happy for you and even happier for the community because you went to the trouble of sharing it with us. So I apologize for my over-reaction. I hope to have a box created for this game and, so far, this is the clearest view of the artwork discovered to date. Still need to figure out what's under the white label.

But I second Rom's sentiment - THANKS for sharing!

The remaining mysteries of Home Vision:

The Go Go Home Monster and World End carts were shown (with front label) in more than one Home Vision ad, so I always kept convidence in their existence.

And indeed, both are found now.

However, for a very long time, I believed that the titles on this page (the ones underneath Teddy Apple with the question mark in their serial number) were vaporware only:

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-publisher-order_33-1-200-2037-serial_2_G.html

Because these vaporware titles were only shown in this Italian ad:

post-6203-0-40720400-1391718506_thumb.jpg

But were never found in the wild.

Until the incredible discovery of Treasure Discovery, that is:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-treasure-discovery_20637.html

The finding of Treasure Discovery gives me hope that the other 'vaporware' titles exist as well.

One of them is Jacky Jump (AKA Bobby Is Going Home).

This game was reviewed in Tilt Magazine in 1983 and a few years ago found as a review cart:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-jacky-jump_16242.html

Another one is Magic Carpet, of which also artwork and a game description exists:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/magic_carpet_i.jpg

It's still uncertain which game it is (8K, 1 player, seven lifes, twenty levels).

And then there is IQ 180 (not mentioned in the Italian ad), of which also artwork exists:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/iq_180_i.jpg

Even the game itself exists under the Suntek brand (with artwork clearly inspired by the original Home Vision artwork):

http://www.atarimania.com/game-iq-memory-teaser_s11157.html

So, my hope is that these so called vaporware titles will be found some day.

Next time I'll talk about the games that could be Home Vision titles...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

So when are we going to hear your theories? As you know I have a few of my own which I discussed with you a while back and its my belief that all (or nearly all) the HomeVision titles were released by 3rd party companies. The sheer glut of certain titles lend weight to that belief so the few still unreleased by HomeVision themselves were probably most likely pirated by everyone else. The only title that I cannot work out what it could be is Polo for there is no game out there that resembles the sport (save the unreleased Atari one) that it could be based upon and HomeVision titles usually followed the game play, all save Topy for what does that have to do with hunting moles? Anyway cant wait to hear your ideas ;)

I think The incredible thing about the discovery of Treasure Discovery was WHERE it was discovered,in Australia of all places.

And there could be more vaporware titles discovered here also.

I know for a fact that there is a non Atari person in Australia whom was married to Atari rep who for whatever reason dealt in super rare Atari titles,including many R10 titles,when the rep died a few years ago,a lot of these games (but not all) were put out in a garage sale and were bought by a person who them put them on ebay for sale.

The games this person had was mind boggling.

I bet there are also Homevision games there.

I managed to buy many of these rare games for my collection.

Now what I have been told there are still many more rare Atari games still locked up in a garage somewhere by the widow of the Atari rep and at this stage the person is not yet willing to sell them.

But its just a matter of time. :)

and the legend live on :twisted:

Edited by pangasinan

The games that could be Home Vision titles:

I believe that all the Suntek titles with a serial number higher than SS-020 are originally Home Vision titles:

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-publisher-order_35-1-200-70-serial_2_G.html

Dragon Defender - A screenshot of this game (the third screenshot) is shown on the Repro Cart box from Home Vision:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/repro_cart_home_vision_cart_5.jpg

The artwork looks like it has been redrawn from original Home Vision artwork.

Motocross - Thomas Jentzsch found this fancy looking Home Vision logo inside the ROM:

post-6203-0-84859600-1391978115.jpg

The artwork looks like it has been redrawn from original Home Vision artwork.

Ski Run - This game was programmed to display a normal length Home Vision logo. No other company released this game originally and I find it hard to believe that it's a Suntek original. Furthermore, it has the same feel as Treasure Discovery and the artwork looks like it has been redrawn from original Home Vision artwork.

Spectracube Invasion - This game was programmed to display a normal length Home Vision logo. Same game as Immies and Aggies from ZiMAG / Vidco, but I still doubt if ZiMAG and Vidco games are true originals, instead of just taken over Home Vision games. This game could fit nicely in the missing VCS83129 - VCS83133 titles gap from Home Vision.

Zoo Fun - Same game as the never released Pumuckl I from ITT Family Games. This game was based on Panda Chase from Home Vision (you can still see the little panda heads when you run out of time), but most probably not a seperate Home Vision title (because the game's character is too much based on the German TV character Pumuckl). On the other hand: Home Vision announced a Colecovision title called: Pumuckjump...

Firebug - This game was programmed to display a normal length Home Vision logo. Same game as Spinning Fireball from ZiMAG / Vidco, but I still doubt if ZiMAG and Vidco games are true originals, instead of just taken over Home Vision games. This game could fit nicely in the missing VCS83129 - VCS83133 titles gap from Home Vision.

Walker - Atarimania sadly misses a good scan of the Suntek cart, but the artwork can be seen here:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/schussel_der_polizistenschreck_cart.jpg

and looks like it has been redrawn from original Home Vision artwork. No other company released this game originally and I find it hard to believe that it's a Suntek original.

I.Q. Memory Teaser - This game was programmed to display a normal length Home Vision logo. Same game as the still unfound IQ 180 from Home Vision. The artwork is clearly based on the Home Vision original:

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/iq_180_i.jpg

Suntek's Unknown SS-034 Game (most probably called Farmyard Fun) - This game could fit the shorter Home Vision logo that was also found in Motocross. Most probably Home Vision's Play Farm (still a voporware title at this moment).

Criminal Persuit - This game was programmed to display a normal length Home Vision logo. Same game as the unreleased A Mysterious Thief from ZiMAG / Vidco, but I still doubt if ZiMAG and Vidco games are true originals, instead of just taken over Home Vision games. This game could fit nicely in the missing VCS83129 - VCS83133 titles gap from Home Vision. The artwork looks like it has been redrawn from original Home Vision artwork.

Words-Attack (not from Suntek, but an unreleased Sancho title) - Thomas Jentzsch found Home Vision data inside this ROM.

Pizza Chef (not from Suntek, but an unreleased ZiMAG / Vidco title) - This game could fit the shorter Home Vision logo that was also found in Motocross. I still doubt if ZiMAG and Vidco games are true originals, instead of just taken over Home Vision games. This game could fit nicely in the missing VCS83129 - VCS83133 titles gap from Home Vision.

Challenge (not from Suntek, but a Funvision title) - This game shows similarities with Dragon Defender (timer and lives).

That's it for now...

Now, what I would like to know is if any of these Suntek ROMs show any data similarities with existing Home Vision ROMs.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Those are some well founded theories there Rom and I share a lot of them. You missed out on three though. Challenge is a possibility for I once thought it could have been Go Go Home Monster. Mr Postman is a second. You once thought that it could have been Magic Carpet and I tend to agree on that. A personal theory of my own is the pirate of Dolphin in which the Dolphin is now a sparrow (or possibly a Robin) being chased by an Eagle. Home Vision copied Tennis by Activision and yes they altered the graphics and added a score board perhaps they did the same to Dolphin but for what ever reason never finished it. Its just a theory, nothing more. I also wonder about Dream Flight by Goliath as being a possible contender for Bird Power, again only a theory,nothing more ;)

Sorry just read that you included Challenge in your theory - my bad :-D

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Yes, I forgot Challenge.

It's added now.

Magic Carpet is still a mystery to me.

It shares with Mr. Postman the Persian setting found on the label of Mr. Postman and the flying carpet level.

It shares with Dragon Defender the seven lives (I don't know any other VCS game that starts with seven lives) and the flying over castles levels.

But that's about it and Mr. Postman and Dragon Defender are not 8K games...

I checked all existing 8K VCS games and nothing really matches Magic Carpet.

Love your Robin or Bird Power (Home Vision) = Tuby Bird (Activision's Dolphin) theory.

Also Polo Game (Home Vision) = Ice Hockey (Activision) makes sense.

But speculating which Home Vision vaporware title belongs to which existing VCS game is a never ending story.

Better work the other way around.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yes, I forgot Challenge.

It's added now.

Magic Carpet is still a mystery to me.

It shares with Mr. Postman the oriental setting found on the label of Mr. Postman and the flying carpet level.

It shares with Dragon Defender the seven lives (I don't know any other VCS game that starts with seven lives) and the flying over cities levels.

But that's about it and Mr. Postman and Dragon Defender are not 8K games...

I checked all existing 8K VCS games and nothing really matches Magic Carpet.

Love your Robin or Bird Power (Home Vision) = Tuby Bird (Activision's Dolphin) theory.

Also Polo Game (Home Vision) = Ice Hockey (Activision) makes sense.

8)

Yes Mr Postman/Dragon Defender is a mystery,no doubt there. Thanks for jogging the old memory, Tuby Bird, could never remember that name. Do you really think the Polo Game could have been Ice Hockey? In a loose way I can see it but I have yet to come across any pirate of Ice Hockey that looks as if it was ever altered. Perhaps that was the only title never released? Looking at the list on page 1 there are 14 question marks followed by 13 possibilities in turn followed by another batch of other possibles. I strongly agree with you that the titles you listed could be the missing ones but I still hold to the belief that Dream Flight should be added to that list of possibilities. Goliath/Hot Shot pirated Robot Fight from Home Vision so the same could be true for Dream Flight ;)

• 4 months later...

Now that the bidding storm is over, I can reveal some beauties for the ones who haven't noticed these yet.

The white version of Go Go Home Monster:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-go-home-monster_15661.html

And the white version of World End:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-world-end_15662.html

But what's even more interesting, here are their predecessors:

Go Go Home:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-go-home_29818.html

The End of the World:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-end-of-the-world-_s20969.html

I still need to get confirmation about the Dimax logo's on screen, but I'm almost certain these last two carry that logo.

Also, their artwork is more complete than their Home Vision alternates.

Enjoy.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am fascinated by the unknown or lost games that are found in screenshots in magazines, catalogs, etc.

Looking back to Post #126 on page 6 (sorry not learned enough to copy and paste), there were 5 screenshots on the HomeVision Repro Cart box. The first screenshot is Crazy Chicky for the CreatiVision. Not sure if that is an Atari version of

the game or if it is the CreatiVision version, but go to www.videogameconsolelibrary.com and check their screenshots for the CreatiVision console.

Since Locomotion and Stone Age are also for the CreatiVision and those were TechnoVision titles for the Atari, how does Crazy Chicky fit into this mix? and on the box of the Homevision Repro Cart?

Also, here is some text I found on the unreleased Homevision H.V.C. system:

Video Direct International Home Vision H.V.C. 2001

This game system looks somehow like a CreativeVision, but
not exactly. They was a memory module with an alpha
numeric keyboard (H.V.C. 2032) with a capacity of 32K RAM.
Softwares like BASIC, music and educational games were
supposed to came out with this. Was supposed to be released
in France. Same maker for the Atari 2600 games "Home Vision".
Was to be released end of 1983.

Game List:
------------------------
* Falkland War (Ocean Battle)
* Third Encounter (Missile War)
* Cat and Rat (Cat Trax)
* Base-Ball (same)
* Space Mission (same)
* Mars Attack (Space Raiders)
* Up up and Away (Crazy Climber)
* Othello (Capture)
* Chess (Star Chess)
* Alien Invaders (same)

My first post here, and I absolutely love all of the information that has been shared in this forum throughout the years.

Regards, Emulator 67

• Like 1