IGNORED

This whole site is an ....

fmctm1sw

excellent resource. Every day I look through the posts and get little pieces of great info. The latest "revelation" I had: Atari 7800 carts are more square on the bottom than many of my 2600 carts. This makes some games (Spider Fighter in my case) very difficult to jam into my 7800. Who'd have thought it?

I have a similar problem with one of my "other" company cartridges where it does not fit into my 7800. I don't remember which game it was but I thought there was something wrong because it would not fit in. Now I know that I have to worry about other game company cartridges (and I was concentrating on getting all Imagic games first).

Thanks for the info about the difficult to fit cartridges.

quote:

Originally posted by Fretwobbler:

But thats more probably due to usage than the cart being .01mm wider at the bottom

I have this same problem with my Heavy Sixer... it's mostly the red label Atari games that I have trouble with, although there are a handfull of silver label games that cause me trouble. Pole Position is especially bad for this... once it's it, it's like pulling a sword out of a stone or something. It's only Atari's games that seem to do this though. I don't think it has anything to do with age of the cartridges though. When I got my shipment from O'Shea's, some cartridges fit well, others didn't. I'd guess Atari just made a different mold for the cases, and it wasn't exactly the same size.

--Zero