IGNORED

My girlfriend likes a game!!!

Atarifever

It finally happened, my girlfriend likes a game other than Super Mario Bros. 3. We went to EB tonight and tried Donkey Konga, which she really liked. She then begged me for the next two hours to go back and buy it for her. I did. Now I have a headache. Still though, she really loves it. I have to admit it is kind of fun, only it seems a little repeditive. Anyone knw if any of the mini games you can buy (in game) are fun? Also, any other Konga based games released yet, so I can give hr something else to play? And is it worht the extra $30 for a second set of drums for multiplayer?

I dont know if you have PS2, but the game that was slightly based off called 'Taiko Drum Master' is on that system. Its one drum, you have two sticks, and you can hit the middle and the outside to the beat of the songs. I have it, and I like it. I think there is a new Konga on the way, just like I'm sure there is another Taiko on its way.

Hi there!

Hm... my wife almost enjoys the same games than me. She's a maniac on Castlevania, she has beaten all 3 GBA parts at least 3-4 times. She's also beaten Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, both Golden Sun, Final Fantasy and lotsa more GBA Strategy/RPG games. She's a pretty good player, only every once in a while I need to do a boss-fight for her.

One game she's into that I don't like is "Theme Park World" on the PC. I think she played that for 250+ hours by now, while I can't stand it for 5 minutes... :ponder:

Greetings,

Manuel

My girl is into the Final Fantasy series (esp # VIII & X) :music: She likes all the Marios (particularly on her NES as well as Pikmin on our Cube) but is mainly into RPG's and Japanese type Horror games/genres.

Oh and btw, the game that hooked her onto my XBOX was Dead or Alive 3. Unfortunately (for me) she confiscated it once she played (and immediately bought) Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. :D

My girlfriend also loves Donkey Konga. The minigames are kinda cool, though they work off the same basic principal as the game, and multiplayer can be pretty fun, so if you like the game and have the money I'd say go for the extra bongos.

If you're looking for more games she might like try the Harvest Moon series, my girl loves those, along with 2D fighters, DDR and simple racing games like Mario Kart. She's also a comic fan so she likes any comic related game.

My wife holds the record in our house for Tapper on MAT. She got me the EyeToy for my birthday last year in hopes she'd play that, but no dice. I also started focusing on DDR, & video board/trivia games like Life, Scrabble, Jeopardy & Trivial Pusuit.

I dont think she'll ever get as addicted as I'd like!

My GF used to play vids with me, then I made the accident of buying the Sims: Bustin Out last year for her. Big mistake. She wont play anything except for that and the Urbz. I hate it

My brother's g/f is the same way. She only likes boring games like Tetris and the Sims. Blah.

Wow, another conversion. My sister had been going to buy The Sims before Christmas but never got around to it. Me and her and my girlfriend ere going to a movie on Friday and beforehand we went to EB. I mentioned to her that Sims delux was there and she bought it. Now she has contracted a mad Sim fever.

Then, I come here and find that other women seem to have the same addiction. Weird, I mean I can play the Sims for short periods, but I don't think I can get addicted like that. Also, my GFs sister has an old Pentium 2 that she got from a family friend. Me and my friend were cleaning it up for her over christmas and she let us delete almost every game. She only drew the line at Sim City 2000 (maybe 3000), which she said she plays all the time. Now, she's a 14 year old girly girl, who doesn't normally like games, and here she is designing virtual cities. Wonder what it is about the Sim games that make them a bigger hit with women? I bet it's probably the lack of scantaly clad, double D breasted, computer geek wet dream inducing, soulless girl characters.

I recall reading in a newspaper article a few months ago that females tend to like The Sims because it is a sort of interactive soap opera. To me that sounds incredibly sexist, but the statitiscs (and members of this board) seem to confirm it.

The women in my family tend towards puzzle games, Dr Mario, Tetris, et al. My sister enjoys playing Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, thats about the most violent game that she likes.

There sure are alot more *real* women gamers around....I don't know why you haven't come across any others.

Most women gamers I know (and I'm one of them) do play a wide variety of games. One of my particular favorites is 'The Suffering', a game created by the company that released my alltime favorite PS2 game (Drakan: The Ancients' Gates).

The Suffering has to be the alltime sick&twisted game around...it's just lovely. Puzzle games, Sims, and the other games mentioned in this thread put me to sleep....as does the FF franchise.

The point is, taking a small sample of female gamers and extrapolating that into 'all' female gamers is just a bit much. I could do the same with such a small sampling of male gamers using Pokemon.

So, for all of you thinking that there aren't any *real* women gamers, let me disabuse you of that myth. We're here and we do game.

---

I'm annoying enough without power

When they're not cooking.

(ducks)

Unfortunately my wife falls into the stereotypical category. She likes Tetris, Bust-a-Move, Tetris Attack, and a few racing games "so I can drive around and look at the scenery." I asked her once if she could do anything to make videogames better what would she do, and she replied she'd make it where none of them kept score so people would play them for fun instead of competition. :?:

Wonder what it is about the Sim games that make them a bigger hit with women?

Maybe the Sims is like a computer version of playing with dolls. Perhaps it touches a vein within females affinity for social interaction and control. The Sims lets them play out this in a non-violent way. They can make their own rules, be evasive and always win.