IGNORED

Has anyone heard about them remaking the 2600?

Nefarious

I heard something like that in a EGM zine that's coming up in the april edition. Yeah, I don't know. I saw some graphics of it, but I don't know if it's fake or not. Like if it's going to be a joke for April, like that April Fools day shit.

I'll try to scan some of the photos and shit of the zine I got, and someother stuff. It's just a few articles from the magazine though, it's not finished, my brother works for EGM and he brought it home. He also doesn't know if it's real or not, because the part that did that article is in some other state. But he's asking around, I'll try to get more info.

There are multiple projects that are remaking the Atari 2600. You can find the Sunmark Mini 2600 and the Kevtris 2600 mentioned on this forum. Both the Sunmark and Kevtris 2600s are much much smaller than the original, which should make it easier to include on your home entertainment shelves ;) Also both aforementioned 2600s allow for more modern and commonplace video standards: composite and S-video, so it will be easier to hook up to your modern home entertainment system (and you get much better video quality).

Kevtris's 2600 will be different in that while it can use official Atari 2600 peripherials (joysticks, paddles, lightguns, etc), it plays games off of standard SD flash cards, and in addition to composite and S-video, it also supports RGB and VGA video standards, which are visually superior to anything else! The 2600 will never die, it will only get better.