IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2s For Sale (Back in Production)

cschell

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a brief not that Cuttle Cart 2's are back in production. You can place an order for one now on my website.

http://www.schells.com/cc2.shtml

If you don't know what a Cuttle Cart 2 is, it's a very flexible menu driven multicart and 7800 development system that let's you load 2600 and 7800 games into your 7800 by means of a Multimedia Card. Full details are available on the webpage above.

Thanks,

Chad

Obviously I have no control over the secondary market.

But there's probably at least one really happy person who got outbid at $499.00 :P

And I'm very much hoping that soon there will be many more happy 7800 homebrew authors. That's the main driving point behind this decision.

Chad

BTW, did you re-design the PCB for a different MMC slot, or did you manage to secure more of them?  :)

I secured more of them. A LOT more of them. They would only sell them in large quantities.

Chad

Cool, that means I don't have to buy another one. :D

J/K

How much is a LOT, are we talking thousands? :ponder:

Not 1000's, only 500 actually. It doesn't seem like a big number, but given that I've never sold more than 238 of any of my products, it's pretty big to me.

Actually the cost of redesign vs the extra cost of 500 sockets was about the same. So I decided not to go through the hassle (and nerves) or a redesign.

I guess I would have done better with the collectors with a redesign though. :P

Hey Al! Stop the presses. I want these labels printed in red. (Just kidding.)

Chad

Hey Al!  Stop the presses.  I want these labels printed in red.  (Just kidding.)

Just in time, as I was about to send the job to the printer. I can also add "Version 1.1" to the label for you.. ;)

..Al

Dammit, now I have to get another one. :x :D

Hey Al!  Stop the presses.  I want these labels printed in red.  (Just kidding.)

Just in time,

Just in time for me to make some last minute changes to my CC2 review in the 2005 Compendium! Had to change, "Sorry they're not available anymore" to "Get in on the second run now!" :D

I bought the pokey in my CC2 for $5 from best electronics so I wouldn't have to get it from another cart. They had a minimum order of $20 so I bought some Lynx accessories along with it... you could probably just get in on an order with some other people if you didn't want to buy anything else though.

Can you open the cart without damaging the label to put the pokey chip in and replace the battery when it becomes necessary?

The post that holds the screw inside the CC2 is removed, you can just pop the cart open without worries. ;)

cc2.jpg