IGNORED

Which 2600 game..

sandmountainslim

Didn't Pitfall II come out in 1984?

Yes... that and H.E.R.O. were both top-notch 2600 titles that got sucked into the void.

(Personally, as dazzling as Pitfall II is, and as much as I see it having influenced scads of NES titles and just about every adventure-style game since, I think H.E.R.O. is the better game.)

Is there an END to Montezuma's revenge?! How far down can you go?!

I might have to get out a Commodore 64 emulator and play it, because that's the version I had growing up and loved it.

Google is your friend! There is at least one walkthrough online. Ditto C=64 version for me. My Atari was collecting dust by that time (soon to be disposed of).

The 2600 and 8-bit computer versions of the game are rather different. In practise they're pretty similar, but the 2600 version has fewer screens, and the end of each level consists of reaching a room where you jump around collecting as many jewels in 30 seconds as you can. The 8-bit versions are much larger, and the goal is to reach the tomb of Montezuma. I think you have to get past him as he stomps around, but I never got past that part...