IGNORED

Atari2600.com

atarimastermarty

Judging from the title on the page when you go to it, IAS.NET - This Site Coming Soon - 1.800.IASNET1, it looks like they may be moving the server to another hosting company. Although generally you'd want to install the site on the new server *before* transfering the domain name (which is what we did with AtariAge when we moved the site recently). Perhaps they're also redesigning the site. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

..Al

• 1 month later...

Atari2600.com is still selling stuff. They have a large inventory and their on-line list of items for sale is up-to-date. In the last two weeks I ordered 18 items and received all 18. The scarcer of the items have all been removed from their list of items for sale, so someone else won't order them and find they are out of stock. As indicated above by someone else, their current address appears to be https://secure.ias.net/atari2600/.

Is it just me or are there no images of the items for sell at Atari2600.com? Whenever you click on the item name all it shows it just the item name on another page, pointless..

For example there are 20+ joysticks and with no images how is anyone suspose to know what is what?

Did they have images before the server moved or anything?

quote:

Originally posted by yellowdragon:

Their prices are pretty high for everything but the most common games.

Yellowdragon

true but there are somethings there i wouldnt mind spending a few extra bucks on, as long as they have it and i get it

plus i wont be buying anything from them anyway since they only have the credit card option

That's certainly a good way of looking at it... I don't have deep pockets so I really shop around a lot before I purchase anything. Naturally I just keep hoping I get lucky as I cruise the thrifts and swap meets and occasionally I do. Crazy Climber for $2 not too long ago. Someone wrote a date on one side in paint marker but I really can't complain given the price!

Yellowdragon

But if their prices were low, they probably would have sold most everything already

That being said, I dropped way too much at their booth last CGE (was finishing up an intellivision collection). At least there was no sniping and no shipping.

At one point during the convention, I bought lunch and was munching it down at a table that two other people were sitting at: the 2600.com salesman and Joe Decuir's (2600 hardware designer) teenage son. I was trying to get a conversation going but it was an uphill battle.

John