IGNORED

My wife found a GBA..... now what?

Blackjack

My wife found a Gameboy Advance (not SP) today in a restroom. It had Zelda: Links Awakening in it.

So, from a non-user of handhelds, what now? I've got a few hundred gba roms that I've played with a little using Visual Boy Advance, is there a flash card way of loading them up that anyone recommends?

In fact, any new user advice on must have games or accessories would be appreciated.

You should try to reunite the GBA with its owner, who was probably a little girl who is now very sad to be sans Zelda. :sad:

Once you have accomplished this good deed, you should reward yourself and your wife with a GBA SP (folding, with light) and some legit games.

If you are dead-set on going the flashcard route, www.gbax.com is the place to go for good service and prices.

Personally, I feel that you should load the flashcard up with emulators and remakes rather than :ahoy: games, personally -- these things are still being sold and they're easy to find cheaply.

Considering it's Link's Awakening, you've already got one of the best GB titles (in my opinion), so I'd say you're off to a good start...

But the SP is really worth it, the lack of a backlight on the GBA is a real nusance and the built-in charging capability of the SP helps alot. Also, it comes in plenty of spiffy colors. If she likes the GBA, you might consider buying one of those.

Did you try giving it to the business where you found it? Perhaps the owner will come looking for it?

Part of me hates to "spoil the fun" but I can say for once I agree w/ Gregory. Considering that a member here lost their GBA Sp and how upset they were I would check and see if any were reported missing first.

I think you're right, but I'm not giving it to the store just so a clerk or the manager can have it. I'll leave my phone number with them for anyone looking for it can call and claim it.

I would just leave your name/number at the store and don't give any details (system color, game title) at all. That way, if it is a kid, they can get it back...maybe the kid already knows it's lost and had their parent buy then an SP anyways.

I just know that I would appreciate it if I lost my GBASP if someone at least made an attempt...and I'm 28 (ugh, I haven't had to write that before, I now feel very old...)

... I would appreciate it if I lost my GBASP if someone at least made an attempt...and I'm 28 (ugh, I haven't had to write that before, I now feel very old...)

I just turned 35 last week and I'd be pretty upset if I lost my GBA SP too, if that makes you feel any better.

-S

I would just leave your name/number at the store and don't give any details (system color, game title) at all.  That way, if it is a kid, they can get it back...maybe the kid already knows it's lost and had their parent buy then an SP anyways.

If the parents spoild their kids that much, why not just score a DS?