IGNORED

Sticky keys

doncleth

Hi guys,

Having some problems with my Atari 800XL's function keys. When I press SELECT, the game starts so it seems the START key is also being pressed. I opened up the keys and unscrewed the back of the keybaord and did some cleaning/vacuuming but this didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

The function keys are grouped together if that's what you were asking. When I unscrewed the back of the keyboard, the function keys were separated from the "real" keyboard.

I was thinking maybe it's something to do with the mylar that's sandwiched in the keyboard. I mean it only takes a spring to push the contacts in the mylar right? So when I push the SELECT, it could be inadvertently pushing the contacts for START. That's my assumption anyway so I could be wrong.

Or maybe I just need a new set of keyboards. In addition to this problem, I've lost the spring on the HELP key (not that I use it) and the function keys lost the skin/protector so it has all the scratches in it.

If anyone has any spare keyboard that they're willing to donate ;-) I'll happily pay for shipping.

TIA,

Don