IGNORED

Oscilloscope Pong

Artlover

Does anyone have schematics or a website with schematics for building an oscilloscope based pong game using common discrete electronics?

I've seen a few sites on-line but they all use PIC's and Microcontrollers, and I don't really want to use those.

(Side note: did find schematics for TV and VGA to oscilloscope which are pretty nifty. - Maybe I'll just build one of those and connent my telstar to my scope :ponder: )

I played tetris on an o-scope, It was built in to the software. It was a newer digital HP model, well about 8 years ago. The o-scope was itself built into a "test set" for an IFF (I.dentify F.riend or F.oe) system, wich works in conjunction with military RADAR systems. It was fun when your doing maintence and want to take a break, punch in the tetris. there was a simple secret 2 or 3 buttons you had to push to get the game up, and it was monochrome.

That's the best one available AFAIK.  You could always try contacting Brookhaven directly.

I shot 'm off an e-mail, but I don't think that will provide much help. Even says on the site that the image is fuzzy, suspecting maybe legal issues that prevent a legiable copy from existing. :sad:

Oddly, the PDF document that it's from seems to be a bit higher quality, and almost useable, except it's got that floating picture of Higgy over it. Got to figure out how to tweak adobe to turn that off, then maybe I can get somewhere.

That's the best one available AFAIK.  You could always try contacting Brookhaven directly.

I shot 'm off an e-mail, but I don't think that will provide much help.

He replied. :) He's interested in doing the same thing, but also hasn't found any better schematics for it. But will post them on his page if he ever finds them, and will let me know as well. 8)

http://www.pong-story.com/eaus0576.htm

It's not the origional, and its for VHF, but its a start

Thanx, but I've seen all those. :P

(Side note: did find schematics for TV and VGA to oscilloscope which are pretty nifty. - Maybe I'll just build one of those and connent my telstar to my scope  :ponder: )

Where did you find those? I have an old oscope & a telstar, sounds like an interesting project.

-S

(Side note: did find schematics for TV and VGA to oscilloscope which are pretty nifty. - Maybe I'll just build one of those and connent my telstar to my scope  :ponder: )

Where did you find those? I have an old oscope & a telstar, sounds like an interesting project.

-S

http://www.electronixandmore.com/project/

Around the middle of the page. :)

Oddly, the PDF document that it's from seems to be a bit higher quality, and almost useable, except it's got that floating picture of Higgy over it. Got to figure out how to tweak adobe to turn that off, then maybe I can get somewhere.

I don't know if this is th ePDF you were referring to, but I thougt I'd pass it along:

web.mit.edu/edmond/www/projects/ 6.115/Oscilloscope%20Pong%20-%20Final%20Report.pdf

The schematics all look pretty clear on that one.

-S

Thanks, but that one uses a microcontroller, not discrete componetes. :P

The one I was talking about was on the computerspacefan site. Tho it's moot to mention since better copies of the schematics were put up yesterday. Tho they seem to be 2 of 3 pages, so one is still missing. :sad: But atleast we're all that much closer. :)