IGNORED

Atari In My Dreams

MagMax667

Last night I had a wierd dream. But it was a good dream. It was a good dream becayse it was about Atari.

In my dream, I went to McDonalds because they were selling new Atari 2600 games. I asked the clerk what games they had. She said that they didn't have that much of a selection because they were going to sell Video Olympics 2. I asked her what the few games were. She showed me. I picked out a game based on the movie Scream. The game Scream was a hack of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Instead of playing as Leatherface, you payed as the killer from the movie. The gameplay was the same. I started playing the game and I woke up.

This is not the first time I've dreamed of Atari. Many times I've dreamed of me going into a store and buying dozens of games.

Has anyone else ever had a dream about Atari?

I had a dream where I suddenly remembered a secret stash of video games that I had hidden inside the couch. I was with my friends in the living room, and as soon as I remembered about the stash, I got up, got everyone off the couch, and lifted the cushions up. Underneath, I opened a door, and inside the couch was a goldmine of stuff! TONS of boxes for Jaguar games that were never released, and even some weird CD games for the Jaguar that were obviously prototype games. They were in strange gold packaging (That's how I knew they were prototypes I guess). I looked around some more, and found a whole bunch of NES games that I forgot I had.... strangely enough, I had doubles of RBI Baseball even in my dreams. There was also a strange Nintendo in there. It was top-loading, but shaped a lot like an N64. It was also painted black, but sparkled somehow. It was about then that I woke up.

That dream almost beat out my Vectrex dream... (second last post on the page)

--Zero

At least your dreams make the least bit of sense. My dreams usually start with me and my mother and brother going to the grocery store. Then, my mom pulls off a mask and reveals herself to be a hostile alien! I jump out of the car window, and I run and I run and I run until I reach California. Then some giant mutant robot picks me up and hurls me halfway across the galaxy. And then, I'm just floating around in space, when hotdogs and hamburgers start flying out of a black hole! It's about this time that I wake up and wonder why my brain is so stupid when it comes to dreams.

I just had another one:

In one of my dreams last night, I happened to be reading through one of my old Compute's Gazette magazine (Commodore 64 magazines from the 80's). I noticed this one article about a sequel to Venture, but the screenshots were from Dragon's Lair! There was even a picture of Dirk with the word "Venture" underneath him in the same style as Dragon's Lair uses! Apparently, the article was saying that this was actually meant as a sequel to Venture, but they decided to change the name I guess.

The funny thing is, this might actually make sense. Dragon's Lair would actually make a decent sequel to Venture except for two things: They changed the heroes name from Winky to Dirk... and he now uses a sword instead of a bow and arrow.

Pretty freaky...

--Zero

Off Topic(sorta):

Saw Dreamscape yesterday for the first time since I was like 8, that movie used to scare the living hell outta me. Dont see how it did but all the same I used to have some serious nightmares.

On Topic:

Had an atari dream where I am in a warehouse full of palets and forklifts, walk up to a stack of the palets and they are full of shrink wrapped 2600 games. Brand new and in the boxes. There were thousands of them. I woke up right as the supervisor ran up and asked me what I was doing in there.

I had another Atari dream last night. I was sitting in my bedroom and playing lots of Atari games. I played hundreds! I would put a game in the machine, play it for about ten seconds, then move on to another game.

That makes two dreams with Atari in them in a week! I must have been thinking about Atari a lot lately.

Arrrggg, I had only a bad dream last days. That I finally get my Prototype that I won on Ebay.com. But it not arrived yet. I am very sad. Maybe is get lost by the post. That is very bad.

In my dream the Prototype looks very diffrent to the pictures on the action. Has 3 Chipboards connect with wires. And has 2 swichtes that you can spin to chage the frequence from your TV. (How stupid is this to dream such a garbage).

Then I have try it. First it work not, but then I have spin the switches and after a time it work. The Prototype is Human Cannonball but it was totally diffrent from the release verion. It has something from Human Cannonball and Circus Atari. Then I have change something, and then it was a preview from Dragonfire. This one was too diffrent from the final release.

A bad Dream at all. I wait know over a month on this Prototype. The only thing I have get was this stupid dream.

I hope it will arrive soone and is not get lost.

Matthias

I had a dream once about going to a specific thrift in my area, and finding 24 atari carts. Woke up, skipped uni and headed to that thrift (its 2 hours travel there). Walked in the door, and found exactly 24 carts. (I had been to that thrift the day before, and found nothing).

It freaked me completely, as they were *exactly* the carts I had dreamed about (even down to the actiplaque damage on the label of the enduro cart).

As I reported in a previous topic on the same subject, I have never to my recollection had a dream about video gaming. That is, until a couple of nights ago.

My dream was not a spectacular one. In the waking world I had been considering finally buying a set of keyboard controllers; in my dream, I found a set in what was supposed to be the original box, strangely already located in a cabinet drawer where I keep most of my Atari-compatible controllers. In my dream I was a little surprised to find them but relieved that I hadn't gone and bought an additional pair. Unfortunately, my cabinet didn't also yield an undiscovered Quadrun or other good find. Not that I would have been able to keep it!

Strange that I finally had a video-game-related dream after all these years. Maybe this discussion was the catalyst!

quote:

Originally posted by Noble Kale:

and found exactly 24 carts. (I had been to that thrift the day before, and found nothing).

Crazy! Maybe you're psychic or something... see if you can force yourself to dream that I find a Quadrun at the flea market next week

Once, about a year ago before I got into video games, I had a dream (I think) that I had a SNES... I didn't consciously remember the dream though. Later on in the day, I "remembered" that I had a SNES, and got excited about the idea of playing it... then I realized that the memory was just from a dream I had the night before I was pretty disappointed, but I've had weird dream stuff happen before too (like remembering a previous dream within a dream, and lucent dreams and such).

--Zero

Ze_ro wrote: Crazy! Maybe you're psychic or something... see if you can force yourself to dream that I find a Quadrun at the flea market next week

I wish. I think that my close proximity to my collection (It's all in my bedroom), has 'bonded' me with the local thrifts, giving me inate senses about good finds I also get 'that feeling' when a cart is in the area (this week it pointed me to a new source of sega games)

Last year, I had a recurring & progressive dream over a period of a month or so (probably brought on by stress due to school work) though.

Now that I think about it, I kinda had a dream the night before I found a few (ok, a lot) of systems at the same thrift..... makes me wonder...