IGNORED

Strange nintendo floppy disk thing

It isn't worth much. The problem with tose is you need a Japanese Nintendo-Famicom- to use it and the rubber belt is usually too stretched out so you will have to replace it. In my opinion, a working one is worth no more than $50. It uses its own type of disk that was originally bought blank and used in a certain kiosk that will load the game onto the disk for a small fee. I have about 20 disks (a couple are engrish worded as "super dick" instead of "super disk" of course) and a Sharp twin model (Famicom & disk in one unit) that the belt is stretched out so it is not working right now.

I'm sure you have heard about this website called Ebay. It is a great reference. :wink:

What you're talking about is almost certainly the Famicom Disk System (or FDS for short). You can check out more info and pictures and such over here. It's definitely not worth $150. You'll either need a real Japanese Famicom to use it, or mod the hell out of your existing NES (probably more trouble than it's worth) to even use the thing, and even then you'll likely have a hard time finding games.

Nevertheless, if you're a hard core Nintendo fan and you absolutely MUST have one of these things, check eBay for a better price.

--Zero

It isn't worth much.  

Probably worth a little more than you think. $100 is about the going rate on Ebay.

Yeah, less than $150 but I wouldn't say it "isn't worth much". It's worth a lot more than most older systems, especially considering it's not even a standalone system.

The problem with tose is you need a Japanese Nintendo-Famicom- to use it and the rubber belt is usually too stretched out so you will have to replace it.

A $7 part, if that. Fixing these is no big deal. It's about equivalent to fixing the NES cart contacts.

In my opinion, a working one is worth no more than $50.

Good luck finding one for that :)

I have about 20 disks (a couple are engrish worded as "super dick" instead of "super disk" of course) and a Sharp twin model (Famicom & disk in one unit) that the belt is stretched out so it is not working right now.

I'd certainly be glad to take the Twin off your hands for $50, if that's what you think it's worth ;)

I saw this odd nintendo system but it used what looked like diskets. :?   It was selling for 150$ at a flea market for 150$ it look japanese what is it and is 150$ a good price?

That wouldn't have been in Cheektowaga, NY, would it?

A fellow frequenter to the Super Flea? :D

I saw this odd nintendo system but it used what looked like diskets. :?   It was selling for 150$ at a flea market for 150$ it look japanese what is it and is 150$ a good price?

I sell at the Game Craze booth there every Saturday as of December of last year.

As for the FDS we have, $150 is the price the owner paid for it and a bunch of games (bootlegs) a few years ago. Maybe it's a bit high, but you don't have to worry about shipping, we're right there if there's any problem and I'll even autograph your copy of Activision Anthology for you free of charge! ;)

Are we talking about the disk system for the Famicom, or the jap. pirate fo the SNES?

The Famicom. Actually, it will work with the NES, but you'll have to do some work to get the interface cart in there though...

Impossible and stupid if true for the old NES front loading systems... I would like too see it if true, that RAM cart is so odd shaped there would be alot, alot of work..

A working Famicom Disk Drive for me seemed rare but last time I looked them up and got one they were not cheap but that was about 3 years ago and if ebay told be one thing in life is when you buy a rare system, 50 show up after cheaper and better ! (got mine for about $125 or $135 with the box and a Famicom system)

I sell at the Game Craze booth there every Saturday as of December of last year.

As for the FDS we have, $150 is the price the owner paid for it and a bunch of games (bootlegs) a few years ago. Maybe it's a bit high, but you don't have to worry about shipping, we're right there if there's any problem and I'll even autograph your copy of Activision Anthology for you free of charge! ;)

Cool, I haven't been there in a few months but I can't even count how many times I've been there over the years. If I'm in there on a Saturday I'll have to stop by and say Hi.

There's a Game Craze out in Batavia that I go to once in a while too. That's where I scored my Jaguar Kiosk :D

hey, KEV. It's the "I love to drop rare protos" guy.

I'm back at the Flea on Sundays. Please don't catorgize us with the Batavia store. Someone should let them know that Beyond Good and Evil has been $19.99 for over a year, so asking $34.99 for a used copy probably is a little high :)

As Rhindle stated, I'm selling the thing for what I paid. If it seems high, so be it. It can sit there forever and be a nice conversation piece.

It works fine and has an extra belt for the drive.

hey, KEV. It's the "I love to drop rare protos" guy.

I'm back at the Flea on Sundays.  Please don't catorgize us with the Batavia store.  Someone should let them know that Beyond Good and Evil has been $19.99 for over a year, so asking $34.99 for a used copy probably is a little high :)

As Rhindle stated, I'm selling the thing for what I paid.  If it seems high, so be it. It can sit there forever and be a nice conversation piece.

It works fine and has an extra belt for the drive.

Damn dude, long time no talk :) I'll definitely have to stop in one of these weekends. You guys don't happen to have a Vectrex for sale do you? I'm in the market for one...

And yeah, the Batavia store is wierd - but I've scored some good stuff there. My Jag Kiosk was the best but getting Military Madness (PSX) for $15 was good too.

You still have your NUON?

yes, i just bought the CD compendium from Cafe Express, even though I can't use it on my Extiva.(bought the clock too, which is also useless-black hands against a black background-but damn is it sexy)

I'm on TNL alot aka kraftwerks.

Ha! I never even thought about the black-on-black thing. Maybe I should switch it up with a white-background version. Then yours would be ULTRA RARE OMFG!! L@@K!!! :D

Didn't realize that was you on TNL too. Good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to fill all of you in who were keeping track at home.

The FDS was sold to-day, for $150.00 american.

so, apparently, it was indeed worth that amount, to someone.

If anyone is in the area tomorrow (Sunday) and wants to rock some Battlemorph, it will be the featured game of the day.