IGNORED

Jagwired Magazine #3 Onsale now

cobracon

Well guys its a little late but issue #3 is finally for sale and its all about BIWN, 180 pages worth of it. Included is a 42 page interview conducted with 5 original team members in a round table discussion type interview.

Please visit http://www.jagwiredmagazine.com for more details on the magazine.

Also I decided not to do a small PDF preview of the mag because others in the community thought it would not help.

But here is what the cover looks like:

post-4954-1108455124_thumb.jpg

Hello Cobracon!

Thanks for this third issue (the title does remind me on my own first impressions of BIWN), but: I haven't found a link to the 2nd issue, can you help me?

About the PDF-snippets: I would appreciate these, and i think it could help you to convince people to order the paper-version of your magazine.

Regards

Matthias

Well issue number 2 was taken offline last night and will be placed in the reprint store sometime after issue #4. I just made a small sample pdf from issue #1 and will place it on the Jagwired Magazine website today.

BTW Matthias, I do place free ads for anyone developing or selling games for the Jaguar or Lynx. So if you can come up with an ad for your up and coming clicks! game, I'll place it in the mag. But due to limited space for ads I will rotate them. So if anyone out there would like to take me up on this, just email me at cobracon_2000@yahoo.com or send me a PM here or at JS2.

Robert

Hello Robert!

Well issue number 2 was taken offline last night and will be placed in the reprint store sometime after issue #4. I just made a small sample pdf from issue #1 and will place it on the Jagwired Magazine website today.

That's sad to hear that #2 isn't available at the moment, i haven't purchased any issue yet so i hoped i could order now all 3 issues to save shipping-costs.

What's the reason for pulling "old" issues when a new one is released? I thought the customers would pay for all the service Cafepress provides?

I had understood the Cafepress-concept as if it would be print-on-demand, so the offered products (virtually) never run out of stock?

BTW Matthias, I do place free ads for anyone developing or selling games for the Jaguar or Lynx. So if you can come up with an ad for your up and coming clicks! game, I'll place it in the mag. But due to limited space for ads I will rotate them. So if anyone out there would like to take me up on this, just email me at cobracon_2000@yahoo.com or send me a PM here or at JS2.

Thanks for this offer, i'll probably come back on you asap i have something ready for release :-)

Regards

Matthias

Dunno about you, but CafePress contacted me the other day about how the .pdf renderer I used is no longer compatible with their system. Funny thing is, I'm using the .pdf renderer they recommended! The other funny thing is: Only two of the books needed an overhaul, even though I used the same .pdf renderer on all 5 books.

It might have been nice if CP had warned me a month in advance instead of doing this without warning. :roll:

The reason for only having one issue up at a time is that you have to pay for your shop for that option. So unpaid shops can only have 1 issue up. Once I get a few more issues out I will break down and pay.

Well i hoped to order more copies together as well. So maybe in the future I can. The only problem is that I don't have a credit card. Isn't there maybe a pay pal option somewhere which i overlooked or something?

Thanks

Peter

I believe in supporting any projects that involve

retro gaming

I am a sucker that buys every book or magazine

on the subject

I bought the first 2 issues and just bought issue 3

All that having been said, I think you need to give the

customer a lot more for his money

$20 shipped is a lot of cash

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your contribution to the hobbie but

you can't forget to make the customer feel like he got his

moneys worth.

I believe in supporting any projects that involve

retro gaming

I am a sucker that buys every book or magazine  

on the subject

I bought the first 2 issues and just bought issue 3

All that having been said,  I think you need to give the  

customer a lot more for his money

$20 shipped is a lot of cash

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your contribution to the hobbie but

you can't forget to make the customer feel like he got his

moneys worth.

If you think I'm making money off this you are dead wrong. I make between $1.00 - $1.50 per issue X20 issues. On top of that I put around 80-100 hours into this issue. So i guess I made what 37.5 cents per hour.

I can't help that wire binding the issue and shipping cost so much. I guess if the issue costs to much than don't buy it. I wish there was a cheaper way to print it.

Robert

If enough people request a PDF version I could put one on ebay with a buy it now price. I just haven't had many requests yet and each time I've offered to do this, people dont respond. This issue will be the only one thats this big. I just wanted to have a complete BIWN resource avaliable for people to read while they play. I also wanted to show everyone how great the BIWN team is. They have to be some of the nicest people I ever met.

Robert

Hello Robert!

The reason for only having one issue up at a time is that you have to pay for your shop for that option. So unpaid shops can only have 1 issue up. Once I get a few more issues out I will break down and pay.

Oh ok, didn't know about this restriction (reminds me on the PayPal-concept where they start to take your money as soon as the fun begins).

BTW: I now have downloaded the PDF-snippet of Issue #1, are you aware that it is 18MB in size? Of course the Eerivale-Ad-posters looks great, but there are still people out there which do not always have access to DSL.

Just a hint ;-)

Best regards

Matthias

Okay 200 pages is more like it. :)

I thought it was going to be about the same size of previous issues.

I wasn't trying to discourage you. I was just was trying to

remind you to keep looking for that balance where

you feel like you're getting a fair return for your efforts

and the customer is getting a fair return for his money.

Isn't that the basic rule of business in a free entreprise system?

Anyway good luck.

Okay 200 pages is more like it. :)

I thought it was going to be about the same size of previous issues.  

I wasn't trying to discourage you. I was just was trying to  

remind you to keep looking for that balance where  

you feel like you're getting a fair return for your efforts

and the customer is getting a fair return for his money.

Isn't that the basic rule of business in a free entreprise system?

Anyway good luck.

Its all good T. I'm glad you like the mag and hope to keep you reading it in the future. I try to give users the best value I can.

As far as the PDF I forgot and left in full color. Starcats ad is like over 10 megs alone. I'll try to remember and get a smaller version out there.

Robert

If enough people request a PDF version I could put one on ebay with a buy it now price. I just haven't had many requests yet and each time I've offered to do this, people dont respond. This issue will be the only one thats this big. I just wanted to have a complete BIWN resource avaliable for people to read while they play. I also wanted to show everyone how great the BIWN team is. They have to be some of the nicest people I ever met.

Robert

Careful, now. Information wants to be free. Don't get St. Jude's panties all bunched up!

;) Beej

Hi folks !

Sorry for kidnapping this thread, but I just have to say this...

WELCOME BACK, CLINT. :)

I haven't seen you around for many months if not years!

How are things going for you? A lot of stuff changed in the Jag scene since we last chatted on ICQ. Some new developments as well :)

Regards, Lars.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks !

Sorry for kidnapping this thread, but I just have to say this...

WELCOME BACK, CLINT.  :)  

I haven't seen you around for many months if not years!

How are things going for you? A lot of stuff changed in the Jag scene since we last chatted on ICQ. Some new developments as well :)

Regards, Lars.

Hi Lars :)

Thanks for the nice warm-welcome back.. it's nice to be back 'home'!

Now about this Jagwired Magazine .... I bought it the other day.

AWESOME! It exceeded my expectations and there really is some unseen

and exclusive stuff in there! I was kind of shocked actually... and went on saying mid-air (wow!).

I was expecting the binding to be of some plastic but as it turns out it's real wire so (haha, JagWIRED). Anyways... if you haven't gotten this one, get it! I'm not one to sit down and browse a huge PDF file (it's not the same) and even though he makes pennies on it he still get's 'something' in return.

Google news, sure... but something your really into? This is it!

I know Robert put in plenty of blood time for this magazine but it's well worth it! (I just would like to see him properly compensated for his time) but hey, the love is there!

*Kinda makes me feel like it's 1995 again... ahhhhh!*

Looks good!

post-985-1110981727_thumb.jpg

Just ordered the latest issue #3 as well as the re-print of #1 :D I can't wait to get it!

Btw, i don't know how anyone can complain with all the effort, proffesionalism and QUALITY gone into making this! I'll gladly pay the price, even at double the price of what you Yanks would pay (due to the conversion rate of the Aussie $ :!: :!: :!: )