IGNORED

Arcade games you would've made good 7800 releases.

Jonny_B

Crystal Castles

Marble Madness

Peter Pack-Rat

Elevator Action

Tempest

Major Havoc

Pac-Mania

Pengo

Sinistar

Zoo Keeper

Mappy

And lots more besides. I just limited it to a few faves I though the 7800 might do justice to.

Kinda wish the 7800 versions of Asteroids and Centipede had Millipede and Ast. Deluxe as extra game options. Doubt it would take up much extra ROM.

Zoo Keeper

Ahh, one of THE best arcade games I ever played! I remember first playing it at a hotel in Washington, DC sometime in 1982 I think, and was instantly addicted. I can't believe Atari never officially released it for any of their systems. Did it ever come out on any other systems (Coleco, NES, etc.)?

Hey you know what game would take forever to program right but could very well be a legit 7800 title??

WOLFENSTIEN 3D !!

The original version that I remember playing on my 286 back in the day on my EGA monitor with my massive (at the time) 4MB of RAM, that could be done on a 7800 I'm almost sure of it.

I have often wondered how vector games would turn out on the 7800. We know it can do 3D, so I imagine that plain vectors may run nicely (nicer than what you can get on the 5200/800). In that case I'd also love to see Tempest, Major Havoc, BattleZone, Star Castle and Black Widow.  8)

As far as vector graphics based games go, i'd like to see some computer games ported over, like Elite, or even Mercenary. I remember playing Mercenary 2 on the Amiga over and over, until the floppy disc got some grit in it and crapped out. :( It was a great wireframe 1st person exploration game. The 7800 couldn't do it at the same resolution, but it would still be cool.

Defender 2 IS Stargate. Some of those games are a bit un-realistic ( Super Mario, Streetfighter 2 etc. ) but what about these Atari arcade classics :-

Pacland

Roadblasters

Star Raiders 2

Badlands

Skull and Crossbones

Blasteroids

Pacmania

Rampart

A.P.B

I know that Pacland and Roadblasters supposedly exist somewhere in prototype form :? if anyone could find them . . . . :D :D

I'm not sure why you consider SUPER MARIO to be? The 7800 could do a decent translation of the game.

Woot, Woot!! I got someone on the SMB 7800 team with me!! :D AWSOME!! Now we just need someone to make the damn thing a reality. I was told a full port could be done of this game to the 7800 in less than 2 years time. If I had even the slightest idea how to program for the 7800 I would be working on it right now but seeing as I don't I purpose the same ol' question agian, Anyone want to do a SMB for the 7800? I know it would sell and a preorder list could be made as long as results where garunteed. Any takers to program? Anyone else want to vouch with me that this would be a hot selling title?

I'm not sure why you consider SUPER MARIO to be? The 7800 could do a decent translation of the game.

Woot' date=' Woot!! I got someone on the SMB 7800 team with me!! :D AWSOME!! Now we just need someone to make the damn thing a reality. I was told a full port could be done of this game to the 7800 in less than 2 years time. If I had even the slightest idea how to program for the 7800 I would be working on it right now but seeing as I don't I purpose the same ol' question agian, Anyone want to do a SMB for the 7800? I know it would sell and a preorder list could be made as long as results where garunteed. Any takers to program? Anyone else want to vouch with me that this would be a hot selling title?[/quote']

I 3 agree the 7800 could do SMB nicely... but 2 years to port? No way... no how... unless of course some serious $$ is fronted ;)

but your right, it would be cool to see.... like the 800 8bit version someone on here is working on... or was I guess..

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ght=super+mario

Given SCRAPYARD DOG for the 7800 and the SUPER MARIO and CASTLEVANIA work being done on the XL/XE, I'm convinced that a decent translation of SUPER MARIO could be done on the 7800.

However, finding someone with both the skill set as well as the inclination to do this is another story.

Defender 2 IS Stargate

I KNOW Defender 2 is Stargate. I just like calling it Defender 2 better. :P What I meant by saying "It's just not the same" is that the 2600 version doesn't "feel" the same as the arcade version. It's still a damn good port though.

I've played SMB into the ground so many times I couldn't care less if it's ever ported to the 7800. I wouldn't mind seeing some old Capcom arcade games on the 7800... Gun.Smoke or 1943, anyone? :P

Jr. Pac-Man couldn't hurt either.