IGNORED

what is your goal for 2002?

maximebeauvais

my goal:

-program an atari 2600 game (or at least, learn more...)

-get all the thing to create an atari 2600 game (burner, eraser, chip...)

-try to complete my atari 7800 NIB/CIB collection (missing around 30)

-try to complete my intellivision NIB/CIB collection (missing around 40)

I will be happy

My goal for 2001 was to (start to) program for the 5200. I think I've accomplished that.

So, my goals for 2002, are also mostly about programming / creating games, and not so much buying or collecting them. I want to finish Koffi: Yellow Kopter and publish it, both as a ROM and as a cart for the machine. Koffi is 40% done now.

I also want to keep working w/Alan and finish Adventure II (5200 again, remember?) and get it published. I'm estimating Adventure II is about 10% done, but its a big game, too.

There is a third idea that I've had for programming a 5200 game. After those two get done, if I'm not tired of coding, I may just make it in 2002 as well.

Other than those things, I also want to keep snapping up DC games, and to attend this spring's Philly Classic. And that's that!

NEXT!

My goals are

-become an honor student

-view every episode ever of the simpsons

-reach 250-300 carts in my 2600 collection

Ive been working on these goals but this is the year. There gunna happen, I have around 165 games, have to see about 8 simpson episodes and just pull up my grade in math. Best f uck t everyone on there new goals.

lets see my 2001 goals:

500 atari games

=i have 602

think about buildign a video game

=i got to

at least the QBASIC stage befoer learning i could have saved a stage .

try to make a difference in the world of atari

= to be honest i think i failed there

my goals for 2002:

go to philly classic ( ill see you there cafeman)

try to attend some of those NAVA meetings

get Mogul Maniac fo the 8 bit dumped.

1,000 video gmaes (atari,nintendo NES)

(like in 2001) make a difference in the world or atari

Try to learn either 5200 coding or relearn ataribasic coding and finish the MAD ATARIAN game. (L00king for a parnter to go into this with me after i do learn the basics(if i do it in 5200))

besides that i think my last goal is to do good with my school grades and thats about it.

peace love and atari

atariage #298 outta here

As more of an "all-purpose" 2600 collector, my goals aren't quite as lofty; I'll usually buy whatever Atari items I run across. By the end of '02, however, I'd like to have at least 1500+ carts, but it will depend on my flea market luck. Individual carts that I'd like to have typically cost more than I'm willing to spend.

While I'll still keep my eyes open for 2600 items, my primary focus will be my arcade machine collection. #1 goal: obtain Pac-Man! #2 goal: obtain Joust! #3 goal: repair and restore the other three I have now.

HEAVY***6***er

quote:

Originally posted by marty:

Best f uck t everyone on there new goals.

Yeah? Well same to you buddy!

I started playing around with writing a new game in November and hope to finish it before next November...

I would really like to get back to Vegas for CGE this year...

I don't really have any goals in terms of collecting...I just hope that I continue to occasionally find a few things I don't have.

In 2002 I plan to:

-- Play my favorite 2600 games more.

-- Sell off the majority of my 2600 games (the ones I never play & that take up all my space).

-- Buy a house so I don't have such a long commute to work

-- Get a dog

-- And a buy scooter to cut down on my gasoline expenditure.

I think 2002 will see the effective end of my Atari 2600 collecting... From the looks of things, my "to get" list only has about 30 games on it, and I'm not even terribly excited about the idea of getting most of them. At most, there's 10 games on that list that I really want to get. Once I get those 10, I think I'll cut back on the 2600 and move on to other systems.

In particular, I plan to focus on my Lynx and Jaguar collection. I already have about 30 Jaguar games mint in box (except for Wolfenstein 3D and the memory track, which have quite damaged boxes), and I've been looking forward to hopefully finishing my Jaguar collection one of these days. I don't know if I'll be able to do it in just a year, but I'll try to at least put a dent in it. As for Lynx stuff, I'm still a novice Lynx collector, so it'll definitely take me into 2003 if I plan to get all the Lynx games. I also hope to get my 5200 collection to a respectable level.

I also haven't forgotten my old plans to write a 2600 game. Unfortunately, this year has been busier than I expected as far as school is concerned, and with some of the classes I'll be starting in January, I'm not sure I'll have time to work on it even then Once school ends for the year, I will hopefully get a decent job, and may or may not have time for programming. But, once my 2002-2003 school year starts, I should have loads of time, since I'll only have 2 courses per term plus a thesis to write I don't know if Taxi Cab will be finished in 2002, but I hope to at least get a head start on it.

And finally, one of my new years resolutions will definitely be to finally get myself a working ColecoVision! I've been dealing with my stupid broken one for too long.

--Zero

I want to make one last attempt to get my old 2600 running. Also I want to study up on Assembly, once I have the time, continue getting a larger collection of video games (up to 500 now!), buy an intellicart, see LOTR 7654378902 more times because its that damn good, get to Phillyclassic, get a gamecube, and get the preliminary work started on an arcade.

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

I think 2002 will see the effective end of my Atari 2600 collecting... From the looks of things, my "to get" list only has about 30 games on it, and I'm not even terribly excited about the idea of getting most of them. At most, there's 10 games on that list that I
really
want to get. Once I get those 10, I think I'll cut back on the 2600 and move on to other systems.

In particular, I plan to focus on my Lynx and Jaguar collection. I already have about 30 Jaguar games mint in box (except for Wolfenstein 3D and the memory track, which have quite damaged boxes), and I've been looking forward to hopefully finishing my Jaguar collection one of these days. I don't know if I'll be able to do it in just a year, but I'll try to at least put a dent in it. As for Lynx stuff, I'm still a novice Lynx collector, so it'll definitely take me into 2003 if I plan to get all the Lynx games. I also hope to get my 5200 collection to a respectable level.

I also haven't forgotten my old plans to write a 2600 game. Unfortunately, this year has been busier than I expected as far as school is concerned, and with some of the classes I'll be starting in January, I'm not sure I'll have time to work on it even then Once school ends for the year, I will hopefully get a decent job, and may or may not have time for programming. But, once my 2002-2003 school year starts, I should have loads of time, since I'll only have 2 courses per term plus a thesis to write I don't know if Taxi Cab will be finished in 2002, but I hope to at least get a head start on it.

And finally, one of my new years resolutions will definitely be to finally get myself a working ColecoVision! I've been dealing with my stupid broken one for too long.

--Zero

If you're looking for brand new, sealed copies of Missile Command 3D and HoverStrike, let me know. These may help you to complete your Jaguar collection!

My goals for 2002

Get to 250 different Atari 2600 carts (and then trade the junk for what I want).

I'd love to actually learn to program anything.

Actually acquire a 'rarity 10' cart (after having 2 slip through my hands...)

Learn to play guitar (not an Atari goal, but mine has been collecting dust since May, got it for Christmas last year)

Go to at least 2 shows this year (Cinciclassic and one other, maybe Philly? Any closer to Ohio than that??)

For starters:

Getting Married July 6, 2002 to Nicole. She's the nut who goes to all the shows with me (who else would put up with all this crap?)

Getting my Masters in EDCI (Education) in August

Now for the game related ones:

Pick up a Coleco Telstar Arcade with all 4 carts and complete my "Every Cart system commercially available in the US from 1971 to present that hooks up to a TV" (but I am not specific!).

Finish the final 3 carts for my 2600 CX collection.

Start a collection of Activision 2600 games (one of each boxed)

Install the Star Wars/ESB kit in my cockpit SW machine

I would also like to do a graphics hack of a 2600 game just for giggles.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year and find the super deals of your dreams.

BTW, I really think everyone who is attending Philly Classic and CGE should do something to at least say Hi to each other when we get there. I will be the guy (along with Jeff F) bringing all the coin ops to Philly, and one of the many in awe at CGE!!!

Cassidy

quote:

Originally posted by Cassidy:

For starters:

Getting Married July 6, 2002 to Nicole. She's the nut who goes to all the shows with me (who else would put up with all this crap?)

Pick up a Coleco Telstar Arcade with all 4 carts and complete my "Every Cart system commercially available in the US from 1971 to present that hooks up to a TV" (but I am not specific!).

Cassidy

Congradulations on the marriage, my best wishes to you both

And on the Coleco Telstar Arcade, i have one w/box and i have carts 1 and 2 (boxed), if you come across extras of 3 and 4 (boxed not important) i would love to finish off the carts for this system as it will be the only one i will ever completly get all the carts for and i will pay $10 each over what you payed for them, good luck on finding everything you want and have a happy new year

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

To get a better paying JOB then the one i have now

And live to see 2003

i think this is how our lives have changed forever after September 11th . im another one who thought of putting this down but elected not to. i bet many of us would not think twice about.

quote:

Originally posted by Cassidy:

Pick up a Coleco Telstar Arcade with all 4 carts

Please...

Please...

No mention of Telstar Arcade cart #4...

Traded mine to JerryG at the start of my collecting career...

Miss it terribly...

Still have the instructions though...

As for my Atari 2600 goal for 2002?

To see to it that at least one of these games gets made. Hack or new, we'll see...

I will try to get some Rare games like:

Mr. Do!'s Castle,

Q-bert's Qubes and

Springer

But I think this will be very hard. The first 2 ones only release in USA as NTSC. So I must look on ebay.com and see if the seller will ship worldwide.

But I have hope that I will get them sometimes.

Some of the things I will do in 2002, is:

1) I want to learn all I can about making and programming 2600 games.

2) Keep on buying new or complete 2600 games for my collection, which now stands at about 430 or so.

3) Make some display cases for all my 2600 collection items.

And last but not least, to keep learning all I can about the Atari corporation that was, and to give as much help as I can to Albert and Alex, the guy's that keep the Atariage site the great place it is.

My goal for 2002 concerning this Atari 2600 'hobby',is to slow way down on the amount of money being spent,and take the time to catalog everything I have bought and figure out just how much it has all cost me--or do I not want to know?

As for the rest-I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I 'grow up' and 'get a life'.I'm starting to think of maybe going back to college after a twelve year lapse,but I don't know if I can stand those 20 year old know it alls.I was 20 once and thought I knew a lot, but didn't know crap.Make the new year a good one folks.

"My plan of doing nothing was everything I always expected it to be and more"--Office Space

My goals for 2002 would be...

- Start offering my Atari 2600 Publishing services

- Start attending the Atari expo's/meetings

- Offer modified Atari 2600's with my 15-Pin controller ports

- Make more Atari 15-Pin controllers than I have currently

- Learn how to create new controllers from molding plastic or resin material

- Begin learning Atari 2600 game programming

- Bring another Atari project of mine to the public -- (It will remain nameless and no details until I do it )

- Start some new unthought of Atari projects, and make them public

- A few other things...

Yeah, that is just about it.