IGNORED

painting a jag

jonathan ascough

Hey!

I thought everone had 4 copies of BS just laying around!  :P
I'm still waiting to see the green spray painted BattleSphere cart!

Even better, a metallic purple BattleSphere Gold to cover up that

naff transparent plastic, it's so iMac 1, and cool is now Mini-Mac.

OK, I'm just joking, but why haven't you at least done a Cybermorph?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

• 2 weeks later...
What a waste of a $100 peice of equipment.

Not really.

There are two types of collectors (at least):

1) Wants mint packaging, Never (or barely) plays system, etc.

2) Enjoys system and games! Doesn't get caught up in the 'collect it for collecting's sake' BS.

Hello,

I have painted a cybermorph cart but the paint rubs off when you put in then remove the cart :( .
Hmmm. Maybe if the cart was enamelled after the spray painting? Is it?

It would be nice to see at least one spray painted cart in existence! :-)

Cheers,

JustClaws.

• 2 weeks later...
So this is the reason I can't find a reasonably priced  CD drive.... You bought them all and spraypainted them....

839547[/snapback]

Well, that's not the only reason...

:D

839581[/snapback]

Dammit, I'm poor and I really want a Jag CD... Anyone want to sell one reasonably cheap???

I've actually been thinking about getting one, the reason being that I forsee that any significant output from here on out will be on CD format... Pity there isn't a way to build an interface to use a regular cdrom drive...

What a waste of a $100 peice of equipment.

Not really.

There are two types of collectors (at least):

1) Wants mint packaging, Never (or barely) plays system, etc.

2) Enjoys system and games! Doesn't get caught up in the 'collect it for collecting's sake' BS.

829127[/snapback]

I for one am an AVID player, my Jaguar and all I own for it (well, almost, there are a couple games that suck that I collected just for collecting sake, but even that stuff has been used at least onceor twice) gets used on a regular basis, almost daily! I also collect for collecting sake too! which is NOT BS to me either. So speak for yourself. (I do disagree with the collecting of stuff that never gets used and is left NIB, but that is NOT the same as MIB! I use my stuff, but I keep it all in MINT condition where possible (I have aquired some used, CIB stuff that isn't quite MINT (box&manual mainly) AND I have both original stuff and stuff that I have modified or painted.

Edited by Gunstar

by taking a wild guess i would assume he uses spraypaint - you know... the one that comes in those handy cans... its amazing how good the results can be.

i am more impressed by the four copies of battlesphere, though..... 8)

Yeah, I thought so too, but it looks too damn good to be spraypaint thought.

803307[/snapback]

If you know how to use a can of spray paint properly, it can look very professional. If you can't do it, then your problem is probably not staying a decent (recommended on the can) distance from the object, and also attempting to finish the job with one coat, so you get drips, and the "raisin skin" ripple effect, etc. you have to do several or more fine coats and not expect to get it all fully covered in one try. Nice, even strokes/passes/swaths; however you refer to it...

Edited by Gunstar

So this is the reason I can't find a reasonably priced  CD drive.... You bought them all and spraypainted them....

839547[/snapback]

Well, that's not the only reason...

:D

839581[/snapback]

Dammit, I'm poor and I really want a Jag CD... Anyone want to sell one reasonably cheap???

I've actually been thinking about getting one, the reason being that I forsee that any significant output from here on out will be on CD format... Pity there isn't a way to build an interface to use a regular cdrom drive...

840061[/snapback]

The supplies of CD drives are somewhat drying up..... I only know of around 50 boxed at moment... could be more but not many

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
If you know how to use a can of spray paint properly, it can look very professional. If you can't do it, then your problem is probably not staying a decent (recommended on the can) distance from the object, and also attempting to finish the job with one coat, so you get drips, and the "raisin skin" ripple effect, etc. you have to do several or more fine coats and not expect to get it all fully covered in one try. Nice, even strokes/passes/swaths; however you refer to it...
Do you recommend something special to clean the plastic first?

Any primer?

I have a design in mind, certainly not just a plain metallic look, however.

For a Jaguar with CD, I'd rather personally see them as produced by Atari.

For a plain Jaguar, say a BJL modified Jaguar, a complete custom job works.

Regards,

Richard.

I think an alien and predator head facing each other on a Jaguar would be pretty cool. Or any other game themed as long as it matches or has something to do with the game.

815119[/snapback]

Man, those are some primo looking Jaguars. I am very impressed. I like the metallic purple Jaguar with Silver JagCD Unit. Awesome! Nice job and keep up the good work. I am saving up to buy one of your custom babies. :lust:

Hello,
I have painted a cybermorph cart but the paint rubs off when you put in then remove the cart :( .
Hmmm. Maybe if the cart was enamelled after the spray painting? Is it?

It would be nice to see at least one spray painted cart in existence! :-)

Cheers,

JustClaws.

831738[/snapback]

Give Krylon plastic paint a go. It actually fuses itself into the plastic so you don't ever have to deal with chipping or flaking.

Man, those are some primo looking Jaguars. I am very impressed. I like the metallic purple Jaguar with Silver JagCD Unit. Awesome! Nice job and keep up the good work. I am saving up to buy one of your custom babies. :lust:

859676[/snapback]

Well the purple jag is upon ebay at the moment and I will be putting up other painted jag/rotary packages on ebay over the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...