IGNORED

2005 will be a good year for 2600 homebrews!

Cybergoth

Hi there!

I think 2005 will see the most new 2600 homebrews released ever.

There's so many projects close to release, that I'm expecting to see at least those:

A-VCS-tec Challenge Simon Quernhorst

Crazy Balloon Manuel Rotschkar :)

Fall Down Aaron Curtis

Fishies Bob Montgomery

Man Goes Down Alex Herbert

And maybe even these:

Incoming! Ben Larson

Master Mind Deluxe Cye Freeman

Master of Arcturus Bill Collins

Poker Squares Brian Watson

I'm also certain that we're gonna see a couple of new games done for the Mini Game contest again, something new from Paul Slocum and maybe another 1-2 surprise games...

So 2005 is our year! 2005 will rock!

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

There's so many projects close to release, that I'm expecting to see at least those:

Hey, Red Box/Blue Box was finished on January 1st! I'm still working on the documentation (see thread in Homebrews board to give me editorial commentary), but the code is 100% finished.

Cool, one more to enjoy! :)

Greetings,

Manuel

not to wet blanket, but I always get excited at this time of year, so many people announce so many projects and things always look so promising, but then somehow projects get put on hold, or are abandoned or just don't see the light of day for no known reason. I did the same thing last year, when A VCS tech, HomestarRPG, Incoming, etc, all were announced, and things were looking to be HUGE for 2004.

I am extremely hopeful that this will be a big year for homebrewing. But you'll excuse my bit of skepticism.

A-VCS-tec Challenge Simon Quernhorst

Crazy Balloon Manuel Rotschkar :)

Fall Down Aaron Curtis

Fishies Bob Montgomery

Man Goes Down Alex Herbert

I think these are all pretty safe bets, as well as Thomas' 3-in-1 unnamed Mini Game cart.

Incoming! Ben Larson

Master Mind Deluxe Cye Freeman

Master of Arcturus Bill Collins

Poker Squares Brian Watson

These are also good candidates. Poker Squares is done, just needs a manual. Paul Slocum's Loopcart will also be out soon, although that's not a game.

There have also been some updates to earlier games, including FlapPing (previously JoustPong), Ultra SCSIcide, and a new version of Warring Worms is about to be revealed. :) Of those three, Ultra SCSIcide and Warring Worm have more significant changes (especially Warring Worms..) Here are some label images to whet your appetite.

PokerSquares.jpgWarringWorms.jpg

:)

..Al

Thanks for the kind words (especially the Gary Larson comment :) ). I have to give mad props to Dave Dries for some suggestions he made while I was working on it.

David Exton's label artwork never ceases to amaze me. They're every bit as good (and in many cases better) than commercial 2600 games had back in the day. First-rate stuff! :thumbsup:

Since Albert has blown the lid off of "The Worm (Re)Turns," I thought I'd share a few screen shots and tell you all what is going to be new and exciting.

The new Title Screen is not sooo exciting but attached for your viewing pleasure.

The select screen captures shows off my fancy new select screen. You can see all the original options and several new ones:

Tank Mode - In this mode, the snakes no longer grow continuosly. You move the snake and leave a trail behind you.

Solid Arena Mode - The starting arena cannot be destroyed by the cannon

Unbreakable Mode - Nothing can be destroyed by the cannons. In this mode, the only thing the cannon can hurt is your opponent!

First To: - Tony Morse once said something to the effect of "Who wants to play best of 198?" This feature lets you chose the ending score, and bring "full" games down to a playable time :)

Sudden Death Mode - This feature changes the winning condition to be that you must beat your opponent by at least 2 points.

Select Game/Random Game - Selecting Random game changes most of the game options to be selected randomly before each round. This provides a new challenge every round.

As a side note, the game is now an 8K bankswitched game. The select screen is extremely abusive of ROM, but I think an extra 4K of ROM stopped being expensive sometime early last year. ;)

I am still working on the game updates themselves. I am going skiing next week, so it will be a few more weeks until I have a beta out for testing. Hold on to your hats, and Baroque Gaming may have its second title (sort of) soon, after nearly 3 years!

Thanks to Nathan Strum who produced such an awesome label, I have no choice but to finish the game.

-Billy

post-478-1109490400_thumb.jpg

post-478-1109490401_thumb.jpg

post-478-1109490402_thumb.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing this as just a Warring Worms update, this is looking like a whole new game here.  Are you rereleasing Warring Worms, or are you releasing a new sequel-type game?

Loving the select screen and proposed changes!

I like to think of it as a super set of the original game.

-Billy