IGNORED

2005 will be a good year for 2600 homebrews!

Cybergoth

I have three different versions of Warring Worms(don't know just how many different ones there were--did miss out on the version that had the green pouch)So it's great to actually see a "new" version coming.

Looks like more people are getting into the programming of the 2600.If I did not have 25 acres of land to care for I'd love to get into programming again;I'll get around to it when I have absolutely nothing else to do....

Loosley translates to NEVER.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

So with the current releases of The Worms (Re)turn, Go Fish! and Fall Down, it's time to update the 2005 release list for the second half of 2005 I think :)

Let me see, from all that's been mentioned in this thread, these are probably still heading for a 2005 cartridge release:

A-VCS-tec Challenge - Simon Quernhorst

Crazy Balloon - Manuel Rotschkar

Man Goes Down - Alex Herbert

3-in-1 - Thomas Jentzsch

Poker Squares - Brian Watson

Red Box/Blue Box - Bruce Tomlin

Loopcart - Paul Slocum

Boulder Dash - Andrew Davie

Greetings,

Manuel

• 2 months later...
Hi there!

Hey, hey! 4 more down with Crazy Balloon, Poker Squares, Man Goes Down & RPS!

That's already more 2005 releases than 2003 & 2004 combined! :)

(Will be some tough races for HOTY now, no? ;) )

Greetings,

Manuel

908169[/snapback]

There are a few more in the pike after that as well, such as Swoops! and the 2005 Minigame Multicart, among others. :)

..Al

I think RPS looks neat. I will have to pick up a few homebrews one of these days.

RPS is pretty fun - I've gotten to play a beta of it while working on the label design. There's just something very addictive about a game that's so simple. Billy's done a great job of bringing it to the 2600, too.

And be sure to check out the World RPS Society (especially the movie trailer).

Wow, this has been a great year for homebrews so far.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, Ooze, Solar Plexus and M-4 show a lot of promise.  Is F-4 still being worked on?  What about Tree Hugger and Kablamo?

908338[/snapback]

Barring any bug reports, F-4 is finished. 2 player mode was the last thing added. Anything more would kind of go against what I was going for (a 70's vibe). I'm waiting for the next version of bB before moving on to something more complex.

Hi there!

There are a few more in the pike after that as well, such as Swoops! and the 2005 Minigame Multicart, among others.  :)

So at least he now has the name decission done :lol:

(Believe it or not, at a time he wanted to call it "Nose Dive" :-o :D)

Swoops! -> Sounds like a Kellogs brand, no? :lolblue:

Greetings,

Manuel

I'm hoping that my game will be done before end of the year (Laserman: my 2600 port of a game I orgianlly did on the ti-99/4a)

still has some work to do but the first playfied,lives counter, and both players are done. (just have to figure out how to do missiles and add some sound and do new playfield after one each leis done.

(yes it's being done with batari basic(with help by ti-extened basic (cross-comparing for refernce))

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Wow, this has been a great year for homebrews so far.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, Ooze, Solar Plexus and M-4 show a lot of promise.  Is F-4 still being worked on?  What about Tree Hugger and Kablamo?

908338[/snapback]

M-4 is part of the 2005 Minigame Multicart, which will also include Hunchy, Jetman, Nightrider, Zirconium, and Rocket Command. And possibly another. :) Tree Hugger, not sure if Billy will pick that up again. Kablamo, I have no idea, but it's pretty close to completion and a beautiful label and manual have been created, so I'd really like to see that one come to light.

..Al

And possibly another.  :)  Tree Hugger, not sure if Billy will pick that up again. 

908519[/snapback]

Tree Hugger is kind of on hold, unless some other homebrew authors want to help me out with some of the screens. "Pave the Greenbelt" is about 50%, "Whale Sport" stands at about 20%, "Spotted Owl Hunting" and "Oil Spill" are really just vaporware.

And besides, I really want to do a port to the Atari 2600 of the TI/99 Parsec next.

Billy

Edited by NorbytheRobot

Tree Hugger is kind of on hold, unless some other homebrew authors want to help me out with some of the screens. "Pave the Greenbelt" is about 50%, "Whale Sport" stands at about 20%, "Spotted Owl Hunting" and "Oil Spill" are really just vaporware.

Whoo! Morbid much there, Norby? :D

Don't forget about Solar Plexus, guys! The game itself is pretty much finished. All I need to do is create an instruction manual and some box art and it's ready to launch!

JR

Not all 1K games have been submitted to the contest yet. ;)

910785[/snapback]

There is a bit of a delay before the games appear on the minigame page (I think they are being done by hand). I am also planning to submit Hunchy 2 soon.

With reference to the subject title, it certainly is a good year for homebrews so far - there seem to be new releases every few weeks, particularly thanks to batari basic.

Chris

• 3 months later...

Well, I think it is now a given that 2005 was a good year for 2600 homebrews! By my count, the following 14 games made it to a cart release this year (apologies if I missed any):

FlapPing

Ultra SCSIcide

Warring Worms: The Worm (Re)Turns

Poker Squares

Crazy Balloon

Fall Down

Go Fish!

Swoops!

2005 Minigame Multicart

Hunchy 2

Solar Plexus

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe

Amiga Boing! Demo 2.0

2005 Holiday Reindeer Rescue Cart

With any luck, we should see some (or all) of the following released in 2006:

RPS

aVCStec Challenge

Man Goes Down

Reflex

Ooze

Colony 7

Four-Play

Leprechaun

Little Man

Homestar Runner

PoP

NotBD

Chris

Well, I think it is now a given that 2005 was a good year for 2600 homebrews!  By my count, the following 14 games made it to a cart release this year

I think the list is even more impressive than that, since Swoops! and the 2005 Minigame Multicart account for ten games between the two of them.

:)