IGNORED

Who here has a complete collection?

Clint Thompson

I dont have much of anything in pal but I have a complete boxed Atari collection X3 and then one of everything from Froggo. And an additional NOS 7800 signed by Nolan.

One thing I like to do with my sets is get at *least* 2 of everything brand new. Keep one set in the box all perfect and stand them on end so the boxes dont collapse. The other set I carefully open up with a heat gun (if glued) and remove the contents. I fold the boxed flat and press them for a week under a pile of flat shelves. Then I hermetically seal them flat in UV protectorate and place them in folders. Same with the instructions and overlays. Cartridges are air cleaned of any cardboard box particles and also sealed and placed in a safe spot.

I'm anal I know... But I <3 my Atari stuff and its just what I like to do.

Awesome... about how long did that take you to accomplish?

*and how much guru bucks?$$* if you don't mind me asking :)

If there's anything else you can have....what would it be?

It took me roughly ten years to complete my collection!! But there was that period from about 1992-1997 where I couldn't really do much of anything because I didn't have the internet!

Early on it cost me quite a bit of money as I was paying full price per games. But like I said, once ebay came around and I found Osheas I was making a killing! I bought the games from Osheas when he was selling them for .70 per game!! I also bought my harder to find later games like Scrapyard Dog, Ikari Warriors, Alien Brigade, Planet Smashers, etc. from Radio Shack brand new for 9.99 per game when they were doing their catalog thing... The most expensive item I bought was the Monitor Cart, which I bought brand new from Lance for I think $99 at the time. The hardest game I had to track down was Tank Command. That took me years!!

I anticipate I spent $400 maybe $500. Not quite sure.

Come to think of it I don't have the cuddle cart 2. I guess that's the next thing I need. But I do have all the official releases from Atari and then some. If I could have anything else it would have to be Missing In Action! Can't wait for that one... IF it ever comes out... :?

Sweet man!

$400- $500 for a complete collection is a pretty awesome (low, imo) price to pay. Welll... I guess at least average... but for everything boxed, ya know.

Missing In Action.... an unreleased game I take it? Guess I'll have to do some research on it. Do you have the other protos as well on cart like Pit Fighter?

I'm two carts away from a complete loose collection. I have a decent number of boxes and manuals, but I'm more concerned with just getting all the @()*$&@# games. :P

I just spent a ton of $$$ getting Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl, and F14... no more for a LONG time... :P But if I do manage to somehow get a chance to obtain Tank Command, I'll probably take it.

I have a complete collection. Most games are shrinkwrapped including my Tank Command. Anyone that isn't has box and instructions except for one. If memory serves I think it's Mean 18, but I could be wrong. I also have a sealed 7800 system with the 4 carts sealed with it (special deal they ran), the high score cart, Sentinel US, KLAX and one of the all-black controllers. :) #002 to be exact....

Here is what I have (all complete, most S/W).

/////////////////

Ace Of Aces

Alien Brigade

Asteroids

Ballblazer

Ballblazer (red Label)

Barnyard Blaster

Basketbrawl

Centipede

Choplifter

Commando

Cracked

Crossbow

Dark Chambers

Desert Falcon

Development Cart/Board from Dave Stauges w/ original docs

Diagnostic Cart

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Fatal Run

Fight Night

Food Fight

Galaga

Hat Trick

High Score Cartridge

Ikari Warriors

Impossible Mission

Jinks

Joust

Karateka

Klax signed by the programmer

Mario Brothers

Mat Mania

Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

Meltdown

Midnight Mutants

Ms. Pac-Man

Monitor Cartridge

Motor Psycho

Ninja Golf

One-on-One

Pit-Fighter (proto)

Planet Smashers

Pole Position II

Pole Position II (Picture label in old style box)

RealSports Baseball

Robotron 2084

Scrapyard Dog

Sentinel (PAL)

Sentinel (NTSC)

Summer Games

Super Huey

Touchdown Football

Tower Toppler

Winter Games

Xenophobe

Xevious

Activision

///////////

Double Dragon

Rampage

Absolute

//////////

F-18 Hornet

Kung-Fu Master

Pete Rose Baseball

Super Skateboardin'

Tomcat: F14 Flight Simulator

Tomcat: F14 Flight Simulator

TitleMatch Pro Wrestling

Froggo

////////

Tank Command

Water Ski

Schell Electronics

////////////////////

Cuttle Cart II

Cuttle Cart II

I think I have them all. No pics... They are all on display in my glass display cabinets in my gameloft :) I have quite a few PAL copies of things as well, but sadly, no PAL 7800.

-Lee

I've got a complete collection as well, all boxed with manual. Most are PAL, some are NTSC (where there was no PAL version such as Rampage, or the PAL version is very hard to find such as Pete Rose Baseball). I also have the hiscore cart (signed by Curt), the monitor cart, signed Klax and the CC2 :)

I will of course be getting Beefdrop when it is released...

Time for total acquisition? About 18 months. Some PAL titles are incredibly hard to find compared to their NTSC counterparts (Dark Chambers, Mario Bros and Scrapyard Dog are pigs to locate) but on the other hand, PAL versions of Mean 18 and Planet Smashers are a cinch to locate!

Most I paid? I think probably about $80 for a complete Tank Command. After that, the complete Rampage, though it's hard to judge how much I paid for it as it was in an auction I won for $100 and it had a LOAD of other 7800/2600 titles along for the ride (some of which are also fairly hard to find).

I have all the games except for Tank Command, and seeing how much that game has been getting lately pretty much guarantees that I will never complete the collection. Oh well...

-Atarian75

$50 bucks should insure you to be able to net yourself a loose Tank Command when someone is actually gonna part with one.

You folks probably don't want to know this...

I have two complete collections, one shrinkwrapped, one play. That was before kids, I had the collecting bug bad. So I completed this over 5 years ago now. I also have similar for Lynx and Jaguar. By the time I got into the 5200 the urge to collect shrinkwrapped stuff was gone, so I only have opened boxes.

Also I have a 7800 dev kit which I really should be doing something with, but unfortunately life has me too busy.

Eric

So Eric... you have a complete 7800, Jaguar and Lynx collection?

Good God!

(oh, I mean..., 2 complete 7800 collections ;)

And now you got a complete 5200 collection or just starting on that?

So how about that 2600 collection (and do you count the re-releases? that should be hell to collect for! :P

I keep thinking about it... and I keep seeing boxed versions of 7800 this and that... but I just don't think I can come down to it.... in fear of damaging the boxes anyways and things go for mucho cheaper without the space eating boxes anyways. I guess in a collectors point of view it's awesome (I think it's awesome even) but I just don't feel it's worth the $$ really... unless I could get the whole boxed mint collection for like $600 - $800.... I guess it'd be worth it then... :)

So Eric... you have a complete 7800, Jaguar and Lynx collection?

Good God!

(oh, I mean..., 2 complete 7800 collections ;)

And now you got a complete 5200 collection or just starting on that?

So how about that 2600 collection (and do you count the re-releases? that  should be hell to collect for! :P

I told you you didn't want to know...complete open and shrinkwrapped for 7800, Lynx and Jaguar, basically the systems that I like to play. Complete 5200 minus Meteorites (and I'm also missing a Competition Pro stick).

Release games anyway, I don't have all the homebrew stuff. Budget curtailed since the arrival of children. Maybe if I ever get any of my homebrew efforts done I can use it to trade for the other homebrews.

Last summer I dumped what was left of my company on my partner and got a real job, and I've been doing as much freelance work as I can get my hands on since then to pay off some bills left over from that era. I'm hoping that the bills will be done with by the middle of the summer, so maybe, just maybe, I'll take a freelance hiatus and maybe even a day job vacation to have something to show by CGExpo.

Oh yeah, I also have a near complete Vectrex collection, basically missing one manual and a few boxes. Also one of my favorite systems. And I'm a holder of one of the fabled working, complete 1400XLs including lab Telelink and SALT carts for it.

Maybe one day there will be pictures.

I never really collected for the 2600 because I didn't enjoy the system all that much, and I didn't have one as a kid. I keep around a few 2600's and some of my favorite games (Seaquest and Crackpots come to mind) but not what I would call a collection. I have picked up some interesting 2600 controllers, my favorite being the Batman one. Something about those amuses me.

Eric

I have all carts and boxes except Tank Command. I have that cart loose, but have been unable to get the box for it. I also have the NTSC version of Klax. I am missing the montior and dev carts, but I consider those extras. It cost me about $500 for the collection, however I have found that lots of the games have come down in prices while others have gone up.

• 3 weeks later...

Well clint you'd be surprised at how good a condition 7800 game boxes can be in and the collection is relatively small. I'd say go for it on the more common's and just stick to loose ones on the less commons.

I dont have a complete collection but I can take pics if yer interested.

I think I'm going to pass on the boxes altogether. I'm more for having all the games to play then the boxes to look at. I know for value sake it may be worth it and I really do like the boxes art but I just can't see spending the extra bucks to have boxes...

For me I'm really picky when it comes to that sort of thing too... it's either all the boxes or no boxes... so no boxes it is.

That's one thing that bothered me about Cybermorph for the Jaguar as it being a pack in cart it didn't have a box (that I'm aware of) and was always the loose one hanging out in the corner ;)

Always interested in seeing collections! :)

• 5 months later...

Well after many years I have finally completed my 7800 collection! This includes Klax, Sentinel and Pit Fighter courtesy of Lee @ Resqsoft (but not the monitor cart, diagnostic cart, or high score cart - btw where can I get these?).

Now, time to focus on some other systems, after all its only money right?