IGNORED

Sio2SD

Heaven/TQA

Sure. Just "insert" the diskimage you want to write to and do it. Your Atari only sees a floppy drive.

I'm also using a 1050 drive so do I need to set the switches on the back differently now that I have SIO2SD?

You Can use 1050 drive and SIO2SD ,at the same time,but if 1050 drive is switch as D1, You can use only d2-d8 drive in sio2sd!

Well, i received my SIO2SD from Pigula and all I could imagine about the device is right. It works fine, fast, have a clearly display, and if you know how to organize your info, you'll find fast what do you want. It took less than a week to place my order and get my SIO2SD at my house.

The most important things about SIO2SD:

- 100% compatible with Atari software. Because works with SIO and emulate drives.

- It's cheap. Relation cost-benefit is high.

- Works with ATR images and XEX files.

- Emulate until 8 drives with different SIO speeds.

But, take a little time to installing, not necessary a plug and play device (maybe it should be), but is a little effort for the low price. No SIO cable and SD card included, but you gain another extra surprise material.

Here some pictures of the SIO2SD working.

post-6191-1188278842_thumb.jpg post-6191-1188278875_thumb.jpg post-6191-1188278081_thumb.jpg

Now, I can use the MyIDE+Flash cart with my SIO2SD and SIO2PC. All 3 devices are really terrific, each one add to my 130XE a incredible power. Thanks to all developers of hardware. :thumbsup:

Edited by Allas

I'm still having trouble figuring out how to use the SIO2SD with my 1050 drive. I have set the 1050 drive to be D1 and have turned OFF the D1 portion of the SIO2SD. When I try to boot to DOS 2.5 from the 1050, it starts loading, but then goes back to the READY prompt. When I type DOS, I get the test menu. Could this be a problem with the diode I installed? What would be the proper sequence to load DOS?

I'm still having trouble figuring out how to use the SIO2SD with my 1050 drive. I have set the 1050 drive to be D1 and have turned OFF the D1 portion of the SIO2SD. When I try to boot to DOS 2.5 from the 1050, it starts loading, but then goes back to the READY prompt. When I type DOS, I get the test menu. Could this be a problem with the diode I installed? What would be the proper sequence to load DOS?

1. Set Disk Drive 1050 as D1

2. Set D1 off in SIO2SD

3. Put disk to drive 1050 with Dos (mydos, dosII+D)

4. Boot Your Atari wihout Basic (OPTION + RESET)

Tested with my disk drive Toms 720, SN360, CA2001

Edited by Pigula

I got my Sio2SD on Monday and wired up the cable. Seems to work, but I think I have a problem with my system. I'm using it on an XEGS and I'm surprised at how many games don't work when I try to load them.

Works:

Mr. Robot

Arkanoid

Don't work:

BoulderDash

Miner2049er

Kaboom!

Karateka

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros

The ATR images are good because they work in an emulator.

Another possible clue to my problems is that with my perfect paddles (rebuilt with new pots from Best), Kaboom! (cart version) still jitters like crazy, but if I plug the paddles into a 2600 for Kaboom!, they're perfect. So this makes me suspect I have a bad Pokey in the XEGS.

Would a bad Pokey make all those games not boot from ATR through Sio2SD? I have a cart version of Miner2049er and it works fine, but the ATR image doesn't work through the Sio2SD.

Edited by djpubba

Allas, you thinking of putting it inside the 130 case?

Im not sure of that. Fisrt, I imagined a sort of external box to get portability. Besides, my SIO cable is very flexible and helps a lot.

The SIO2SD fits inside the 130XE, but there is a problem with the plastic cover of 130XE, have those stripes that ruins any working to get inm right way the display and the buttons. Maybe it can looks better inside a 800XL, but a 800XL with extended memory.

I'll try something with Lego first.

I got my Sio2SD on Monday and wired up the cable. Seems to work, but I think I have a problem with my system. I'm using it on an XEGS and I'm surprised at how many games don't work when I try to load them.

Works:

Mr. Robot

Arkanoid

Don't work:

BoulderDash

Miner2049er

Kaboom!

Karateka

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros

The ATR images are good because they work in an emulator.

SIO2SD - not supported some ATR files!

check:

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/GAMES.ATR (inside keyston kapers and bulder dash) all work !!!

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/GAMES2.ATR (inside karateka, kaboom, miner 2049er and mario bros)

Make clear ATR files (compatybile with dos II+D or Mydos) , use mypicodos inicializer, and copy games to atr files

Edited by Pigula

Oh, okay, thanks. I'm glad my system isn't messed (besides a jittery pokey).

From the version 2007.04.01 (the last firmware - You have this version!!!!) device started with K4 pressed goes to setup mode. In this mode keys have meaning as follows:

K1: next option

SHIFT+K1: previous option

K2: next option setting

SHIFT+K2: previous option setting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options:

sio high speed

off

hsindex from 1 to 16 (6 is the default setting)

cfg tool load (when to override D1 to load configuration program)

never

startup+shift - only when SHIFT was pressed during startup (power on)

every startup

no card - only if SD card is not inserted (default setting)

LED mode (meanig of LEDs)

SD read/write - first LED shows SD reads, second LED shows SD writes

SIO read/write - first LED shows SIO reads, second SIO writes

SD act/SIO act - first LED shows any SD activity, second any SIO activity

Greeetzzzz

2. Set D1 off in SIO2SD

Even using the sequence above still doesn't work. If I boot holding the OPTION key it brings up the TEST menu. Booting without holding the OPTION key brings up the READY prompt, but if I then type DOS, I get the TEST menu again. I think I'll try a different diode.

2. Set D1 off in SIO2SD

Even using the sequence above still doesn't work. If I boot holding the OPTION key it brings up the TEST menu. Booting without holding the OPTION key brings up the READY prompt, but if I then type DOS, I get the TEST menu again. I think I'll try a different diode.

Download GAME.ATR, and Game2.atr files - copy to SD CARD and try boot!

Hi Fellows,

Today I received SIO2SD. Very cool thing. But... I have a problem.

I use 16MB SpartaDOS ATR's, and SIO2SD is extremely slow loading the higher-sectors. Really extreem slow.

The same ATR runs perfect on Sio2IDE and perfect on APE/SIO2PC. (even from the same SD card!)

I have the feeling this is a bug in the firmware.

It is NOT a problem with the highspeed routine. Even with the highspeed routine turned off the problem is still there. The lower sectors -> normal speed. Higher sectors -> extremely slow.

I hope someone knows a solution.

Marius

p.s. I never use mydos... Is this problem on mydos 16MB partition too?

I found out that higher sectors are always slower!

Appears to be as a bug to me.

I'm running a sector checker now, runs perfectly fast till $0FFF (full speed!), and as soon it reaches sector $1000 the I/O slows down a lot!

As soon as the sector checker reaches $2000 it slows down again!

I really hope this can be fixed. The I/O above $8000 is really SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Thanks

Marius

Ok ...

I wrote a little test tool, and saved it on a 16MB MyDOS partition.

Please download the ZIP file and unzip (16MB!) and put it on D1: of your Sio2SD

Boot the ATARI (no basic)

Choose on the MyDOS menu L and type D1:READTEST.COM

Now the tool starts. It only READS so don't worry.

It reads on a few locations on the 16MB partition 256 sectors in a row.

0000 - $00ff = fast

1000 - $10ff = a little slower

2000 - $20ff = pretty slower

8000 - $80ff = almost unusable slow

C000 - $c0ff = pffff....

If you test this on Sio2IDE (only tested on 3.3a) or APE you will hear no difference in these area'.

Hope someone knows a solution.

Marius

Edited by Marius1976