IGNORED

Sio2SD

Heaven/TQA

• 5 weeks later...
PS : @Pigula : upgrade possible with SD ( your Atmega programed)

I successfully upgraded mine to 2.3 via SD, no issues.

I'm ready to upgrade mine from the SD card, but I don't understand the significance of the "fuse bits." I am dimly aware of fuse bits in GALs, but this must be in the Atmel. (?) Can someone who has upgraded from the card give me or link me to a brief primer? (Or is not significant for the card upgrade?)

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by Larry

I successfully upgraded my firmware from the SD card. I still don't know if V1 can upgrade to V2 from the card or not, since I don't know what version I had originally (?) I don't see a version # listed on the *very nice* new configuration screen -- that would be nice to have listed. I really like this new selection menu, and I'm sure that I will like it even more when I learn to exploit its features more fully.

It would be wonderful to be able to do almost *all* the configuration from the Atari, and perhaps in the future, the author will move in that direction. But again, this is a really nice improvement in functionality, I think.

For those who haven't seen it, here is a screenshot (.bmp, zipped) of the new configuration screen.

-Larry

Edited by Larry

I successfully upgraded my firmware from the SD card. I still don't know if V1 can upgrade to V2 from the card or not, since I don't know what version I had originally (?) I don't see a version # listed on the *very nice* new configuration screen

I think there is a hardware difference (a crystal I think) between the older and newer hardware. I think the older hardware can be upgraded when the crystal is changed.

I had the bootable config menu from the start on mine, it's awesome. The SIO2SD is just so kickass! :cool:

I think there is a hardware difference (a crystal I think) between the older and newer hardware. I think the older hardware can be upgraded when the crystal is changed.

I had the bootable config menu from the start on mine, it's awesome. The SIO2SD is just so kickass! :cool:

Yes, after re-reading the SIO2SD web page, I caught that, also. Fuse bits apparently do matter, and whether it can be upgraded is determined by the clock speed. I also originally did not see the menu .XEX file, which can be loaded from another device. In my case, I can load it from my Black Box, so I pretty much can avoid the control buttons completely in everyday use. "Most excellent!"

-Larry

I have probably used my SIO2SD more today than all of the total time since I received it. Here are a few features in the SIO2SD I've noticed, and some questions for those of you who have more experience/knowledge about it. (These aren't criticisms, they are mostly questions about features.)

When I execute the configuration menu, there is a "clock-ticking" sound through my monitor speaker. Also, this is accompanied by my APE interface LED pulsing, so there is some type of "polling" of the SIO going on. Anyone have any insight into this?

Initially when I downloaded the configuration program from the 2.0 software, the menu of images immediately presented itself. Then I saw the updated XEX file from the 2.2 software and it opens with a prompt to "Choose Device: 0-3". If I select "0" then I get the image menu present on the SD card. If I select 1 through 3, I get "SIO error". Does anyone know what this prompt is designed to do?

On the configuration menu, "U" represents "DIRectory UP". It returns me to the start of the image files present. It doesn't really move to a higher directory as best I can tell. Is this just designed to return to the beginning of the Atari directory? I presume there is no way to move BACK one screen -- just forward? Being able to move back one screen would be nice.

Presumably the configuration menu is a regular Dos application, so it will not recognize filenames that begin with numbers (MyDos).

The SIO2SD documentation suggests limiting images to about 100 in the Atari folder, but without removing the SD card and using a PC to change files/folders, there is no way to change folders from say ATARI to another folder (ATARI-2, etc.) So whatever you put in the Atari folder is all that you will have access to from the Atari. Is that correct? If so, perhaps a future version could be made to recognize/select more than one ATARI folder? That may have something to do with the "0-3" prompt?

If you have noticed other features, chime in - I'd like to learn all I can about this fine device/system.

-Larry

Edited by Larry

• 4 weeks later...
Pigula's very good seller. I buy SIO2SD and SIO2IDE - very quick and no problem.

Look my other box :

2001238103568500470_th.jpg

2001254420985426993_th.jpg

and the second :

2001276039697037663_th.jpg

This box is compatible with standard SIO2SD?

How the buttons can be connected to the motherboard's switches?

Do you sell it?

Edited by Philsan

I successfully upgraded my firmware from the SD card. I still don't know if V1 can upgrade to V2 from the card or not, since I don't know what version I had originally (?)

If You have HCT245 on PCB SIO2SD -> it's V2, if You don't have is V1.

You Can upgrade firmware from SD Card on V1 and V2 pcb!!!

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.0 board with 2.3 firmware. It's working a treat with a card in - I can't see now how I lived without one!

When I try to get to the computer-based config I boot my '800 [original flip-up - not xl] without a card. After a couple of access flickers and a quick count-up the sio2sd display stops, showing:

no sd/mmc card

d1: $52{r} $0003

No sio2sd LEDs are lit.

The '800 is showing a purple screen with the k [] on it.

Can anyone please shed any light on what I need to do in order to get to the computer based config?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.0 board with 2.3 firmware. It's working a treat with a card in - I can't see now how I lived without one!

When I try to get to the computer-based config I boot my '800 [original flip-up - not xl] without a card. After a couple of access flickers and a quick count-up the sio2sd display stops, showing:

no sd/mmc card

d1: $52{r} $0003

No sio2sd LEDs are lit.

The '800 is showing a purple screen with the k [] on it.

Can anyone please shed any light on what I need to do in order to get to the computer based config?

Thanks!

What SD Card have You got?! (Try Format SD CARD As Fat32 on PC and copy to them folder ATARI with some atr files).

What SD Card have You got?! (Try Format SD CARD As Fat32 on PC and copy to them folder ATARI with some atr files).

The device works perfectly loading ATRs - it's only the config tool that doesn't load :(

I'll try with an 800xl later.

Thanks

Charlie

Edited by SirMorris