IGNORED

Sio2SD

Heaven/TQA

I got my Sio2SD on Monday and wired up the cable. Seems to work, but I think I have a problem with my system. I'm using it on an XEGS and I'm surprised at how many games don't work when I try to load them.

Works:

Mr. Robot

Arkanoid

Don't work:

BoulderDash

Miner2049er

Kaboom!

Karateka

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros

The ATR images are good because they work in an emulator.

SIO2SD - not supported some ATR files!

check:

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/GAMES.ATR (inside keyston kapers and bulder dash) all work !!!

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/GAMES2.ATR (inside karateka, kaboom, miner 2049er and mario bros)

Make clear ATR files (compatybile with dos II+D or Mydos) , use mypicodos inicializer, and copy games to atr files

The links are dead. :(

Anyone managed to get Bounty Bob Strikes Back working with the Sio2SD in any way, shape or form?

After work - I send it to You working ATR files!

Check this:

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/Bounty_Bob_SB.XEX

or ATR Miner and Bounty Bob

http://marcinprusisz.pl/atari/Miner_BBounty.atr

Dead links. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone considered fitting the SIO2SD inside the Atari? I was musing over how I might go about fitting the device inside a 130XE. There's plenty of room in the case, and it could probably be worked so that the SD card slot is on the side, either above the joystick ports or at the other end (although you'd lose a screw pillar). The biggest snags are the LCD display and the buttons. I suppose the display could live between the Atari logo and the model number (just above the keyboard), but the positioning of the buttons would be very much dependent on the positioning of the SD card slot. Such modifications to the case would clearly be drastic and irreversible: perhaps I'd be better served by an internal IDE drive. I just wondered if anyone else had though about the SIO2SD idea, though. It would be kind of fun to have an Atari with an internal hard disk, built-in SDX, real-time clock... and a built-in SD card reader! :)

I just wondered if anyone else had though about the SIO2SD idea, though. It would be kind of fun to have an Atari with an internal hard disk, built-in SDX, real-time clock... and a built-in SD card reader! :)

Not exactly what you mean, but worth a look: http://herale.org/

His Atari has a lot of fine things inside. :-)

• 1 month later...

Just picked one of these up (awesome stuff). Bought a project box and am going to separate the LCD from the unit to mount it at the top of the project box. I was going to use an IDE hard drive cable since the header seems to fit the pins and I'd just solder the other end. The wires are a very high gauge (very thin) and I'm wondering if they might not be enough for the current draw by the LCD? I'm not an electronics guru but I have fried stuff in the past. :)

Any ideas if that would be OK?

~telengard

Edited by telengard

• 1 month later...
i found three photos, no good quality.. it is posible install into 800xe?

The 800XL in the photos looks superb but I think the older machines are easier to mod in this way than the XEs because they don't have that grille on the top. Hard to know where the LCD could go on an XE. That's why I went with SIO2IDE inside the case: no need for any external mods (except maybe a couple of switches and a USB port at the back of the case one day).

Here a suggestion how to build it in (although this is the SMD version, i bet

there is enough room inside a 1064 case for your original PCB, Pigula)

I found this posted by the User "Toto" on german Abbuc Forum. I think

he will not be mad if i show it here, too.

post-8944-1176243839_thumb.jpgpost-8944-1176243852_thumb.jpgpost-8944-1176243869_thumb.jpg

Nice idea, isn't it?

------------------------------------

I did it direct into my 800XL this way (i showed this pic earlier)

post-8944-1176243967_thumb.jpg

I just got one of the turbo SIO2SDs via Ebay UK. I was wondering - how do you get the different colored backlights in there? Is this something I can change or were you guys ordering different models when building those? Thanks.

Stephen Anderson

Here a suggestion how to build it in (although this is the SMD version, i bet

there is enough room inside a 1064 case for your original PCB, Pigula)

I found this posted by the User "Toto" on german Abbuc Forum. I think

he will not be mad if i show it here, too.

Green

Blue

Red

Nice idea, isn't it?

------------------------------------

I did it direct into my 800XL this way (i showed this pic earlier)

post-8944-1176243967_thumb.jpg

I just got one of the turbo SIO2SDs via Ebay UK. I was wondering - how do you get the different colored backlights in there? Is this something I can change or were you guys ordering different models when building those? Thanks.

Stephen Anderson

Edited by Stephen

• 10 months later...