IGNORED

Sio2SD

Heaven/TQA

SIO2PC works fine with the 1200xl. I can't test my 1050 with it until I get a second power supply, but since the sio2pc works, it would seem the sio2sd doesn't like something about the 1200xl. Like I said, I know my sio2sd works because it works with my 800xl.

When I boot the 1200xl with the sio2sd attached, I get a blue screen with a cursur and a lower case "k" in the upper left corner of the screen. The display on the sio2sd starts counting for a second but then stops.

Sounds like it's trying to load the config menu. Is your SD card set up correctly?

Played with it some more tonight and now it doesn't work with my 800xl either. Go figure. When I turn on the computer, it counts to $0003 and then returns to "D1:$52® $0000" and a letter "k" appears in the upper left of my monitor. No matter what files I try to load or what drive number I set it to I get the exact same thing. If I boot holding the "K4" key, instead of going into startup mode, the LCD displays "ERROR" which flashes twice then goes back to the regular display. I'm using a 1gig SD card formatted to FAT and I created a folder entitled "ATARI" which contains a few .atr files that worked before. I put the 32k sio2sd.bin file on the root directory just like before. I'm about to give up and go back to floppy disks. :(

Edited by yorgle

SIO2PC works fine with the 1200xl. I can't test my 1050 with it until I get a second power supply, but since the sio2pc works, it would seem the sio2sd doesn't like something about the 1200xl. Like I said, I know my sio2sd works because it works with my 800xl.

When I boot the 1200xl with the sio2sd attached, I get a blue screen with a cursur and a lower case "k" in the upper left corner of the screen. The display on the sio2sd starts counting for a second but then stops.

Sounds like it's trying to load the config menu. Is your SD card set up correctly?

Played with it some more tonight and now it doesn't work with my 800xl either. Go figure. When I turn on the computer, it counts to $0003 and then returns to "D1:$52® $0000" and a letter "k" appears in the upper left of my monitor. No matter what files I try to load or what drive number I set it to I get the exact same thing. If I boot holding the "K4" key, instead of going into startup mode, the LCD displays "ERROR" which flashes twice then goes back to the regular display. I'm using a 1gig SD card formatted to FAT and I created a folder entitled "ATARI" which contains a few .atr files that worked before. I put the 32k sio2sd.bin file on the root directory just like before. I'm about to give up and go back to floppy disks. :(

You have sio2sd with the last full version of firmware. In this version upgrade from SD don't work!

What does your Sio2SD when you do not connect any SD card an switch on the Atari?

Booting without SD card, boots the Sio2SD menu normally (if you did not change that setting)

Do you have access to another SD card, to check if that SD card is the problem?

You said it worked before on 800XL, so that still should work.

Make sure you test things without any other Sio devices connected.

Are you sure the ATR it tries to boot is 1200XL compatible?

But first try to get it operational again on your 800xl.

Don't give up. Did you build it yourself or buy it completely assembled?

I have good experience with Sio2SD.

It sounds silly, but don't forget: this is a hobby :)) figuring out things, how bad they might look, is still part of the fun. I notice here myself: when everything works, I'm done :))) ... so I keep looking for things to improve :))

Marius

Well, one of these little devices showed up in the mail today. My god its awesome!! :-o :lust: :D Now I just need to figure out a case for it.

What an absolutely beautiful little piece of hardware for the A8, big thanks to pigula and all others involved in its creation!

post-5887-1190240336_thumb.jpg

Funny thing is that card in there is has ST stuff on it and is also a HDD for my ST thanks to the Satandisk and pperas HD driver. Great times to be an Atari fan. :cool:

Well, one of these little devices showed up in the mail today. My god its awesome!! :-o :lust: :D Now I just need to figure out a case for it.

What an absolutely beautiful little piece of hardware for the A8, big thanks to pigula and all others involved in its creation!

Funny thing is that card in there is has ST stuff on it and is also a HDD for my ST thanks to the Satandisk and pperas HD driver. Great times to be an Atari fan. :cool:

Quick question: What is the part number on the 20 pin IC in the bottom right? 74HCT245?

big thanks to pigula and all others involved in its creation!

I made little parts pcb for satandisk for ST - but now I have not time for made and test this hardware.

satan_disk.jpg

Edited by Pigula

Hmm, I've been trying to play Beyond Castle Wolfenstein on the SIO2SD and the program stops giving me the "Remove Write Protect ... Press Start" which then reboots. Which is exactly what it does if you try to run it from a write protected real disk. I'm using an .ATR version, and I know that writes work on this setup with other games.

It has D1: $50(P) $0168 on the SIO2SD display when the game stops. :?:

Hmm, I've been trying to play Beyond Castle Wolfenstein on the SIO2SD and the program stops giving me the "Remove Write Protect ... Press Start" which then reboots. Which is exactly what it does if you try to run it from a write protected real disk. I'm using an .ATR version, and I know that writes work on this setup with other games.

It has D1: $50(P) $0168 on the SIO2SD display when the game stops. :?:

Have you checked if this ATR image works fine with other (Atari/Floppy-) emulators?

BTW: There's a "write protect" flag in the ATR-header. It's in the 9th byte, bit 5 ($20). If this bit is set, the image is write protected. You can easily verify this by opening the ATR image with a hex editor.

so long,

Hias

Did you notice that SD cards have a little write protect slider (at least mine does)? I didn't realize mine did until I wasn't able to write to it one day out of the blue. It had accidently gotten slid into the write-protect position while inserting the card into my card reader.

Edited by djpubba

mmm.... :ponder: I appreciate a automatic option that remember the last path we use after turn off the SIO2SD.

- remove some bugs for FAT12

- add change device ID (0...3)

- write protected for ATR files

All interface from me - haven't upgrade from SD CARD!

Edited by Pigula

mmm.... :ponder: I appreciate a automatic option that remember the last path we use after turn off the SIO2SD.

Ok, thanks for change, it's minor ?.

But I don't understand when you say : " .. haven't upgrade from SD CARD"

Ok, thanks for change, it's minor ?.

But I don't understand when you say : " .. haven't upgrade from SD CARD"

For sio2sd are 2 version of firmware

a) for upgrade from SD card

b) full version - no ugrade from SD

I programmed all Atmel version B

ps. the last firmware version 2.3

For sio2sd are 2 version of firmware

a) for upgrade from SD card

b) full version - no ugrade from SD

I programmed all Atmel version B

ps. the last firmware version 2.3

That is very strange. I have 3 Sio2SD build by you and I upgraded them from the SD card. Something that shouldn't be possible if I follow your text above?

Greetz

Marius

p.s. I'm still VERY happy with these Sio2SD's by the way. You did a great job!

Thanks. problem bug on 2.2 ?

No I asked author of firmware if it could be possible to make a SWAP D1: <> D2: keycombi on it.

And he made that.

It is much more convenient to setup a two sided game or demo ONCE and then use a SWAP disks key to flip disk!

And with the FIRMWARE upgrade in the Setup modus, this prevent a firmware upgrade by accident.

Very good upgrade this 2.3

Greetz

Marius

• 1 month later...
Anybody try Yoomp! with SIO2SD? The .ATR doesn't work but the .XEX almost works. It gets through the load screens but then I only hear the music with a black screen.

http://yoomp.atari.pl/index.htm

The Yoomp! executable is only PAL at the moment, so that's what will happen on NTSC hardware. :)