IGNORED

800 Newbie!

jetset

Krieg's list also has information on memory requirements, amongst other things. Look for the key near the top of the list.

Note that the information in this list is partial, and that the rarity values are not great, but it gives some idea of compatibility.

http://my.execpc.com/~krieg/links/8bit.carts

Welcome to the 8-bit world. You have opened up yourself to a great selection of titles (there are alot of crappy ones as well) but you have to take the good with the bad.

Keep in mind there are still several games written in basic (sounds like you got that covered).

See if you can get your hands on the 5200 versions of some games (jr pacman, super pacman, centipede, dig-dug etc) there are a few that are better than the 8-bit version.

There are XE versions of super mario bro's and crystal castles that are better.

Since you only have an 800 there were be some titles you will not be able to enjoy (like koronis rift, the eidolen, etc). But then you can do 4 player MULE!!!

Enjoy.

Since you only have an 800 there were be some titles you will not be able to enjoy (like koronis rift' date=' the eidolen' date=' etc). But then you can do 4 player MULE!!![/quote'']

Only Eidolon needs an XL/XE.

Well that came out wrong...

Of Koronis Rift and The Eidolon, only The Eidolon needs an XL/XE.

Since you only have an 800 there were be some titles you will not be able to enjoy (like koronis rift' date=' the eidolen' date=' etc). But then you can do 4 player MULE!!![/quote'']

Only Eidolon needs an XL/XE.

Well that came out wrong...

Of Koronis Rift and The Eidolon, only The Eidolon needs an XL/XE.

Your probably right but I think there may have been a version of koronis rift that did need it and a later that did not.

Ok, yet another question guys...

I'm using the sio2pc adapter to load Holmes' .atr files onto the real hardware...there are of course, HUNDREDS of files. Many have post names after them [alt], [cht], [title], etc...

Some I can pretty easily figure out (cht=cheat, bas=basic) but some I have no clue [pro], [de] for example to name a few...

Is there somewhere that has a legend that explains what each of these are and exactly what they mean???