IGNORED

Future N64 rares?

I think ogre battle might become rare just because it had a low print run and is one of the systems only rpg's.

Your posts about Harvest Moon and Ogre Battle make me think you are confusing rare with popular. Neither one of those games are rare but they are very popular and high priced.

Hydro Thunder was the last game released for the N64...it had a low print run and it's pretty hard to find.

N64's port of Hydro Thunder is pretty good. It's amazing how much of the game was kept intact. If you can't get the Dreamcast copy, then I definitely recommend this one. BTW, a small correction: the last N64 game released was "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3" (released in 08/20/2002). HT was released two years earlier.

I think ogre battle might become rare just because it had a low print run and is one of the systems only rpg's.

Your posts about Harvest Moon and Ogre Battle make me think you are confusing rare with popular. Neither one of those games are rare but they are very popular and high priced.

Actually Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon are both rarer titles. Especially Ogre Battle. It had a small print run and sat on shelves for a few weeks with no replacement shipments to be found.

Harvest Moon did get a second print run but was put on hold and delayed because Nintendo was producing Pokemon and WrestleMania for the N64 and found some production time to run some more Harvest Moon games. This was Christmas of 2000 and I recall receiving 5 copies on Christmas Eve... 4 of them sold and the last one was snagged on Boxing Day when we received a call from the person who had it on hold (They bought their child something else for Christmas).

Actually Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon are both rarer titles. Especially Ogre Battle. It had a small print run and sat on shelves for a few weeks with no replacement shipments to be found.

I see both of them everywhere around here. Every Gamestop, Gamecrazy, EB around here has at least one copy of Ogre Battle. I was at a Gamestop about 2 weeks ago that had 5 of them.

I have never seen Indiana Jones in the wild, I got mine off Ebay.

Infernal Machine doesn't seem to be too hard to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8175257762

Neither does Elmo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8175256967

(Yes before you mention it I know the Hey You Pikachu is missing the mic, but since it came free with Elmo what the hell.)

There may be some rare N64 games but compared to what you'd pay for NES or Atari 2600 rares, they just aren't that expensive.

Infernal Machine doesn't seem to be too hard to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8175257762

There are very few games that are hard to get on E-bay. :) Every rare NES game comes up on E-Bay now and then.

There may be some rare N64 games but compared to what you'd pay for NES or Atari 2600 rares, they just aren't that expensive.

The N64 is newer than the NES. 10 years ago, you could get all the NES rares for under $20. I believe in 10 years when some of the sources dry up, the rarer N64 games will be worth more money than now.

I'm not saying that Infernal Machine will be worth as much as Hot Slots but it will be worth more than $8.

I had the chance to play Sin & Punishment and it's a great game (what game made from Treasure isn't?), similar to Panzer Dragoon or Space Harrier, but with an anime style. As far as I could tell the music is recorded and not midi-based. The game (while japanese) had a lot of menu options already in English. The game came out almost at the very end of the N64's life cycle. I think Nintendo just simply decided it wasn't worth the trouble bringing it to the states.

I'm not saying that Infernal Machine will be worth as much as Hot Slots but it will be worth more than $8.

The game is pretty good! Lucasarts did a bit of tweaking and improved some of the shortcomings from the original PC version. It looks great on highres (by N64 standards :) ). This is the closest thing the Nintendo 64 had to a Tomb Raider. Even with a guide this game takes a long time to finish. Expect to spend a lot of time exploring around and getting stumped before the solution becomes apparent (not necessarily a bad thing though).

Conker's Bad Fur Day

...definitely one of the most controversial 64 cartridges that received maximum hype during its over publicized launch. Sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the 64's library too.

No way Conkers is rare. That game was on clearance at TRU for months on end for $9.99. Imagine how many parents bought their kid Conkers while perusing the isles at TRU? Same goes for Perfect Dark and Paper Mario.

Ogre Battle , Command & Conquer and Monopoly were clearanced from Best Buy for $9.99 until sellout, and that took a couple months as well. Every used game shop you go to you can find these games easily.

The only games I can remember not seeing in stores for a very long time were Rush 2049, Starcraft, Hydro Thunder.

by your logic Spiderman Web of Fire for 32X, Panzer Dragoon Saga for saturn, and keio Flying Squadron fro Sega CD are not rare; because each one of those were on clearance at TRU.  If I only knew then....

Yup. I remember when NES top loaders were in clearance at TRU, they could not give them away for $30.

"i can assure you, blues brothers and track and field weren't exclusive."

You're wrong for Track & Field, I can't comment on the other.

"Hydro Thunder was the last game released for the N64...it had a low print run and it's pretty hard to find."

Not even close to the last game released for the system.