IGNORED

Should i get the o2 or intellivision?

I'd go for the Intellivision, personally. I've always loved the INTV, it's always had a warm place in my heart. Lots of good games for it. But I have an Odyssey2 that I bought last year (for probably too much) with 14 games, and I've only played it twice. The games just don't engage me like the Intellivision games do. Once you get used to the Intelly's controller, and get some good games for it, you'll get a lot more use out of it than you will the O2.

Intellivision is the better system by far. It's not even a contest.

Since games for both are so cheap, I'd try to grab one of each and start collecting the games when you can afford it. Intellivision games are extremely common and cheap in my area at least, the good ones too!

glad you like the stuff i sent to the superflea. i'm probably going to take a coleco out tomorrow. (still deciding)

out of the intellivision (it's the second model btw) and the odyssey, i'd suggest the intellivision. Odyssey is nice to own, but the intellivision would probably actually be played.

as an aside, I'd take $50 for the Odyssey; but being how everyone that shops at the flea market expects money off of the price no matter how cheap the item is, i had my guy jack it up. (still, considering the amount of games that are with it, i think $60 is fair anyway.)

If you didn't want the games with the intellivision, i'd drop the price a couple bucks (or give a deal if you bought more).

I'm just sick of sending hardware out there, and no one buys anything to go with it. So I've begun bundling stuff with lame-o games.

s' funny. the first console I "had" (it was actully my older brother's) was an intellivision. I used to play it all the time (Demon Attack pwns!) and never felt bothered by the controllers. these days I can play for about five minutes before my fingers lock up. Getting old I guess....

If you can get a good enough deal I would try and snag both although I personally would take an Intellivision over the O2 especially if you didn't have an Atari (truly a crime).

About the only thing that makes me think twice about the O2 would be the "ton of games" since the Intelly doesn't come with much. We only have 7 Intellivision games and 27 Odyssey 2 ones and haven't t had the $ to get to picking up stuff for that part of our collection.

Are Intellivision games common everywhere? Out here we have boxes of them sitting around, lots of the Imagic games for some reason.

I think 2600 Demon Attack is much better than Intellivision's. The demons look so much cooler (the demons in the Inty version are embarassingly crude)and if I want a mother ship scene I can play Phoenix.

The reason for the ton of games is that occasionally someone will stop in and pick up some intellivision games. On the other hand, I've never been able to sell O2 games on their own, and 98% of the pre-NES games I sell are $1 a piece, so i know it's not the pricing. I'd rather move the whole lot, then sell just the hardware, and then have the games sitting around forever.

I'm still deliberating on that.

I don't like haggling either. When we first opened up two years ago, our prices were easily half of what stinky rich and the red-haired grizzly adams guy were charging. However, people would still try to beat me up for discounts. Got very irritating.

Especially when I know I have something that I'm not going to have a hard time getting rid of (case in point, I sell N64 systems with one controller, hook ups and ninety day warranty for $20. They consistently sell out. one guy said if I were to throw in an expansion pak and Donkey Kong 64, he'd buy one. F-that.)

Personally, I prefer the Odyssey^2... but $50 seems like an awful lot to me, so I sure hope "a ton" of games ends up getting you a really good chunk of stuff there! Depending on what's in there, it might really be worth it, but it's impossible to tell without knowing names.

The INTV is fun at times, but the system seems much more common (at least, it is where I live... I almost never see O^2 stuff), and the O^2 has some really unique stuff that you'll never find on other systems (Killer Bees, Monkeyshines, Pick Axe Pete, etc).

--Zero

sorry for the triple post (why is there no edit button?).

If you are interested in SMS and Jag' date=' come talk to me. I'm there every Sunday.[/quote']

Sure ill be in tomarro to pick up the intellivision you might remember me im the kid who purchased the turbo gafx 16 and cd add on.

i wasn't working it at that time. after a year of doing both days out there, i got burnt out and hired a couple of guys to work there for me.

One was stealing and the other was practically giving the store away (felt pressured to look like he was making money, so would give vast discounts on volume purchases, which burned through a shit load of inventory; and overall killed the profitability of the site.)

I priced the Turbo package at $130. Already a very fair price. I heard it sold for much less than that. I was a sad panda.

Good call getting the INTV and I'm not much of an INTV fan. After years of having a bunch of O2 carts lying around witha broken console, I recently got a working O2 and I splurged on the multicart too.

It's got a few decent games but nothing, nothing even comes close to being great in my eyes. I can't even see how the O2 managed to compete with the VCS for so long. It's not even 1/100th as good.

The INTV on the other hand has some very good games although I haven't been that impressed over all either. I find INTV games very very slow. The controllers are total crap though, I actually like the O2 sticks at least. I took the sticks from my broken O2 and wired on a DB9 to use on my C64.