IGNORED

Arcade 1984 video

Dr Galaga

Since only ~20 people download the other video and it didn't hit my machine too hard here is a link to the .mov version of arcade84. It lets you turn off or on the music by clicking the left or right side of the video (in quick time at least) so if you want to you can listen to the game sounds. I think the quality appears slightly better but is close to the same as the mpg version. The file size is a little bigger than the mpg version and the zip is 30.7 Meg.

http://atari.ksiders.tzo.com/downloads/arc...rcade84_mov.zip

Cool, I remember watching that video a couple years ago. It's a pretty nice bit of work. (FWIW, I don't care for the music selection either.)

Have any of you guys been to a Videotopia (videotopia.com) exhibit? I took a day off work to visit their exhibition at the Maryland Science Center back in 1999. Very impressive. Not quite up to the standards of the animation's rendered fantasy arcade (what is?) but tons of great old games. They even kept the lights low on that floor of the building to add to the arcade atmosphere. [/url]

• 4 weeks later...
Dude, it's Journey's Stone in Love... It's a perfect 80's tune!  But like everybody says, it all comes down to taste...  Some like journey some don't.. 

(How you couldn't I have no idea)  :) 

Now I need help locating a MAME video...  There was one released several years ago, with the same style as this one, where the video starts out in front of a neighborhood arcade that has been closed down for years... Next your travel back to when it was open and alive with upright video games... The music they used with that one was by the STYX 'The best of times'.  Anyways, if anyone knows where I can download that video again, THAT was awesome as well!.

Let me know if you've seen it or not and what you think of it if you did! - D

817827[/snapback]

I am attaching the video for download

Just caught this video and watched it...I'd love to stumble upon an arcade like that, and I hope to one day recreate the same type of thing (with some extra things of course) here where I live. The interesting thing about them playing a Journey song in the video is that they also played a Journey song (a different one though) in Flynn's arcade in Tron. I wonder if there was any influence there or not. :ponder: