IGNORED

Star Raiders controller

sandmountainslim

I have made overlay re-pro's for Star Raiders if you need 'em. PDF files free for the takin'. Click the "download" link below. Simply print, cut, and insert on the keypad.

BTW, you GOTTA get Star Raiders! Utilizing a "control pad" to access your ship's fuctions is WAY cool. The more gadgets the better!

• Like 2

The only game that was made with the Video Touch Pad in mind was Star Raiders... however, as Nukey said, the Video Touch Pad is functionally equivalent to both the Kid's Controller and the Keyboard Controller, so that means the Video Touch Pad can also be used with:

Alpha Beam with Ernie

Big Bird's Egg Catch

Cookie Monster Munch

Grover's Music Maker

Holey Moley

Monstercise

Oscar's Trash Race

Peek-a-Boo

Basic Programming

Brain Games

Codebreaker

Game of Concentration

Hunt & Score

Magicard

Memory Match

There are two problems though... the most obvious one is that all three controllers are completely different sizes, so you can't use overlays in the opposite controllers, which would make Basic Programming extremely hard to use... The second problem is the fact that the Keyboard Controllers are generally meant to be used as a pair (They lock together to make one big touchpad), so you'd need 2 Video Touch Pad's in order to replace the Keyboard Controllers.

--Zero

• 10 years later...

I have made overlay re-pro's for Star Raiders if you need 'em. PDF files free for the takin'. Click the "download" link below. Simply print, cut, and insert on the keypad.

BTW, you GOTTA get Star Raiders! Utilizing a "control pad" to access your ship's fuctions is WAY cool. The more gadgets the better!

Hey Milkman, do you still have that Star Raiders insert available? I picked up a controller in a lot, but not insert with it..... was the original insert a paper, cardboard, etc???

Hey Milkman, do you still have that Star Raiders insert available? I picked up a controller in a lot, but not insert with it..... was the original insert a paper, cardboard, etc???

the overlay is like a cardstock

might have to mess around with the scaling to print yourself a re-pro http://atariage.com/overlay_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=491

• Like 1

Spawnshop....yah I should have the pdfs somewhere. Have not dug them up in awhile. I made original repros, and some custom variants too. I just printed them on a heavy cardstock (like a 60 or 80 lb. gloss paper) and cut em out. Worked pretty good. I will have to post some images of the variants. Thanks for asking about them :)

• Like 1